←  General

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Post the status of your WIP project!

RatcheT2497's Photo RatcheT2497 15 Sep 2016

Currently working on a rewrite of my CCJam 2016 entry ManPac, so I don't want to kill myself whenever I take a look at the code.

So far I have a map system with a basic tile connection algorithm working, and a WIP Pac Man you can control.
The collision is screwed up, though.

Joeld98's Photo Joeld98 16 Sep 2016

I hinted at this over in Ask A Pro a couple weeks back. My very first ComputerCraft project is a Big Reactor builder. I first came across ComputerCraft in the middle of June 2016 and have been obsessed with this project and learning how to make it work.

So far i have:

Learned a lot about ComputerCraft, Lua and programming. (I have hacked out some scripting but nothing like this)
Learned about path-finding
Coded an alpha version at just under 4K lines of code.

The version I'm testing now:

1) Takes the reactor dimensions as a command line argument or defaults to a 3X3X3 build.
2) Calculates the materials needed for the whole build and breaks down the counts for each level
3) Locates the materials needed in chests placed in certain locations or using openCCSensor with an inventory card
4) Implemented A* pathfinding to seek specific coordinates without breaking blocks along the way.
5) implemented the inward spiral build process that places the base first middle and tops layers.
6) Turtle automatically refills and continues for large builds.
7) Ability to resume a build at the last completed level.
8) Cleans up files when build is sucessful.

ToDo:

1) Setup function to place chests with one of each material required (So you know where to put stuff)
2) Set limits to max catch bigger than max reactor size.
3) Add step to load fuel into the reactor when complete.
3) Find a bug in the path routine that cause the turtle to run off when dumping waste.
4) Test, Test and more test.
4) Find some kind soul(s) that will give me pointers on optimizing this.

Here is a 5 X 5 X 48 build testing max height:
Spoiler

Here it just placed the last block and recognized the multi-block structure.:
Spoiler

Here is a complete 32 X 32 testing Max Widths:
Spoiler

hbomb79's Photo hbomb79 16 Sep 2016

I have been working fairly consistently on my first UI framework 'Titanium'

I have a GitHub for those interested

It is still a work in progress, however I am already using it for small personal projects - so it is usable. Feel free to join the Gitter room.

I am currently working on optimizing buffer clearing while animating, and also refining TML (Titanium Markup Language, essentially HTML for UIs). See here for an example project written using Titanium, here is a GIF of that example program in action: http://puu.sh/rcS20/bba2398cec.gif

Once I have optimized buffer clears, I will likely add a few more nodes

Woot: http://puu.sh/rd2ty/c8cc92aa93.gif
Edited by Hbomb_79, 16 September 2016 - 09:18 AM.

Mumbai's Photo Mumbai 16 Sep 2016

View PostH4X0RZ, on 13 September 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

View PostMumbai, on 13 September 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

A discord bot that will teach my friend Anon_Emy how to hack! Working with my buddy rax on this :D/>.

shes a good friend. <3

But isn't this against the idea of "hacking"? XD

The best way to learn is the hard way. Try stuff until it works. If you get spoon-fed with the "correct" ways, you won't learn as much as you could IMO.

Nope teaching is against nothing :D but thats my opinion.

minebuild02's Photo minebuild02 16 Sep 2016

Workin' on a new OS called Tesseract, pretty much inspired by Linux-based OSes. Currently on build 0021, 0100's gonna be the release one

Nothy's Photo Nothy 16 Sep 2016

Working on a 1v1 fighting game, still in the design stage, features a lot of ways to slaughter your opponent.

LDDestroier's Photo LDDestroier 18 Sep 2016

I'm working on a quick file manager that I can use as an API to quickly select directories in installers.

Piorjade's Photo Piorjade 18 Sep 2016

Working on a linux-like OS too (and partially on my RPG game with multiplayer).
It will basically have the freedom of Shell (btw shell isn't even loaded, so my OS is the top-coroutine of all),
It will have a user system, meaning that the normal user is only allowed to edit stuff in their home directory and only root can edit under home...
It will use packman as some kind of apt-get
While being logged in as a normal user and starting a program, the FS API is actually limited so that programs cannot actually do something under your home directory, I will probably think of redirecting "/" to the home directory if the user is not root..
As you will have the freedom of Shell, people will be able to make their own Desktop-Enviroment ontop of the "kernel", while still having the basic functions like in the terminal and the limited functions of the FS API

I already have a topic about it in the OS section but noone seems to be interested :P

Sewbacca's Photo Sewbacca 18 Sep 2016

View PostPiorjade, on 18 September 2016 - 09:50 PM, said:

I already have a topic about it in the OS section but noone seems to be interested :P

=)
I correct you: i am interested, because I do something similar:

SOSP - Sewbacca Technologies Operating System Package

Fetaures:

- Full compatibility with Lua 5.1 - 5.3 and CC 1.76 - 1.79+

- BIOS
-> Environment (SOSP, Lua and CC environments)
-> managing drives
- kernal
-> registry

-> managing frames
-> managing applications (concatenated with a frame) multitasked

-> managing compiled programs
-> managing operating systems
-> SOSP updater

-> Easy API for installations

- All in all, I am programming a Framework for Operating Systems

- Editing all features in future

Idea:
Make programming an OS easy and clean, without worrying about performance.

SOSP will be programmer friendly.

I will add an (example) OS to show how it works.
You don't have to handle the little shit, SOSP handles it.
It is full object oriented.

Fun fact:
Most of my questions in ask a pro are about SOSP. There can you see my progress.
Edited by Sewbacca, 18 September 2016 - 10:23 PM.

Piorjade's Photo Piorjade 19 Sep 2016

Sewbacca said:

1474237256[/url]' post='259511']

Piorjade said:

1474235404[/url]' post='259508']

=)
I correct you: i am interested, because I do something similar:

SOSP - Sewbacca Technologies Operating System Package

Fetaures:

- Full compatibility with Lua 5.1 - 5.3 and CC 1.76 - 1.79+

- BIOS
-> Environment (SOSP, Lua and CC environments)
-> managing drives
- kernal
-> registry

-> managing frames
-> managing applications (concatenated with a frame) multitasked

-> managing compiled programs
-> managing operating systems
-> SOSP updater

-> Easy API for installations

- All in all, I am programming a Framework for Operating Systems

- Editing all features in future

Idea:
Make programming an OS easy and clean, without worrying about performance.

SOSP will be programmer friendly.

I will add an (example) OS to show how it works.
You don't have to handle the little shit, SOSP handles it.
It is full object oriented.

Fun fact:
Most of my questions in ask a pro are about SOSP. There can you see my progress.

Nice idea dude, I'm totally interested in porting my doorOS to it :)
cLinux will probably also end up handling disks (I didn't write this in "planned features" lmao), right now I have to look what even happens if I insert a disk LOL, because I have to do the important things first :P

OFFTOPIC: does anyone know if the mounting disks to /disk in CraftOS is handled by the Shell or by the bios.lua ?
Edited by Piorjade, 19 September 2016 - 07:24 AM.

Admicos's Photo Admicos 19 Sep 2016

View PostPiorjade, on 18 September 2016 - 09:50 PM, said:

It will basically have the freedom of Shell (btw shell isn't even loaded, so my OS is the top-coroutine of all),
It will have a user system, meaning that the normal user is only allowed to edit stuff in their home directory and only root can edit under home...
While being logged in as a normal user and starting a program, the FS API is actually limited so that programs cannot actually do something under your home directory, I will probably think of redirecting "/" to the home directory if the user is not root..
As you will have the freedom of Shell, people will be able to make their own Desktop-Enviroment ontop of the "kernel", while still having the basic functions like in the terminal and the limited functions of the FS API

Is TLCO easy? I was thinking of adding it to AdmiOS.

Piorjade's Photo Piorjade 19 Sep 2016

Admicos said:

1474277217[/url]' post='259530']

Piorjade said:

1474235404[/url]' post='259508']

Is TLCO easy? I was thinking of adding it to AdmiOS.

Well I added in a 'tutorial' in the fixed TLCO I made , it is written as a comment, you could also look into the cLinux startup file to see how I start my OS. It is easy, yes.
If you want to understand TLCO you could also look through the whole code or if you still dont understand it try rewriting it by hand, that's what I did and it worked for me. :)

EDIT: Into AdmiOS, which looks inspired by linux too like cLinux? Dude we got the same idea, nice :D
Edited by Piorjade, 19 September 2016 - 10:09 AM.

LDDestroier's Photo LDDestroier 19 Sep 2016

View PostEldidiStroyrr, on 18 September 2016 - 05:20 PM, said:

I'm working on a quick file manager that I can use as an API to quickly select directories in installers.

...well, mine is finished.

Sewbacca's Photo Sewbacca 19 Sep 2016

View PostEldidiStroyrr, on 19 September 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

Nice, do you have a topic?

Mumbai's Photo Mumbai 19 Sep 2016

A community service project (part of my punishment the judge ordered) :D its kinda funny

LDDestroier's Photo LDDestroier 19 Sep 2016

View PostSewbacca, on 19 September 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

View PostEldidiStroyrr, on 19 September 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

Nice, do you have a topic?

Yeah.

hbomb79's Photo hbomb79 14 Oct 2016

Just released Titanium on the forums. It is still in alpha, but I wanted to get peoples opinion on what I have got so far

LeDark Lua's Photo LeDark Lua 15 Oct 2016

Scraped it.
Edited by LeDark Lua, 31 July 2017 - 08:28 PM.

hugeblank's Photo hugeblank 15 Oct 2016

While not as great as above...
I'm developing an API/program called GraphKit!
GraphKit is a work in progress utility designed to be a graphing calculator emulator of sorts.
Features include:
- easy to use graphing
- x10 zoom
- detailed information about a specific point on the graph when clicked
- 2-dimensional movement, using arrows, or WASD
- graph functions (on functions (on functions))
Have a look!
Spoiler
Currently, I am having issues with the movement functionality not allowing me to... move. I know the issue and it should be fixed pretty soon. I am planning on fully releasing it to the forums (as my first project actually on the forums) in the next week or two.
Edited by hugeblank, 15 October 2016 - 10:53 PM.

hbomb79's Photo hbomb79 15 Oct 2016

View Posthugeblank, on 15 October 2016 - 10:47 PM, said:

While not as great as above...

Nonsense, that looks really cool. I look forward to seeing it released!