←  Programs

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Super Text Downloader v1.45.2 - store, pas...

Poll: Opinion poll

On a scale from crap to gold, how good is STD(GUI)?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Which do you prefer for program downloading?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

What is your favorite pasta?

Vote Guests cannot vote

LDDestroier's Photo LDDestroier 24 Sep 2015

Because the pastebin command is way too basic, I made my own really good file downloader that gets stuff from several different webpages! It also access a repository of applications downloadable by name (not ID), stored on my Pastebin account as well.

So I give you...

SUPER.... ...............

TEXT DOWNLOADER v1.45.2

Here are the websites it can download from:
(xx=website code, xxxxxxx.com/org = website name)
hb - Hastebin.com
pe - Pastie.org
pb - Pastebin.com
PB - Pastebin.com (taken from front page, not raw page)
fn - fnPaste.com
gh - Github.com (single files only)
gg - Gist.Github.com
cp - Codepad.com
sn - Snippt (s.drk.sc)
id - Ideone.com
db - Dropbox
dd - Direct Download (enter whole download URL)
dd64 - Direct Download with Base64 decoding

ld - Gets URLs from an array repository of programs I made and found. Do 'std ld' to get the list.
pbupload - Uploads file to pastebin
pbupload64 - Uploads file to pastebin with Base64 encoding

Contract your STD with
pastebin get 3PBKGR4k std

Syntax:
std update [channel name]  --Updates the list of URLs and store URLs for the inputted channel, as well as updates the program itself. ("std ld ...")
std <websitecode> <fileid> <filename> --Saves to disk as <filename>
std <websitecode> <fileid> --Runs without saving to disk
std ld  --Activates the GUI store!
std list  --Lists all website codes

Example:
std pb x9ajKSc0 map				   --My minimap on Pastebin
std pe 4668374 config-api			   --ben657's Config API on Pastie
std gh oeed/OneOS/master/README.md oneos-readme	   --The readme file for OneOS on Github
std id B1aJeT example				   --An example file on Ideone
std gg willwac/0885db04d66abcc72199 quest	   --Quest by Oeed on Gist Github
std pb XxkBiYJ6					   --Runs my 'Ports' program off of Pastebin
std ld map map						   --Also my minimap on Pastebin

FAQ
Spoiler

Edited by LDDestroier, 19 December 2017 - 04:28 PM.

Update! Added a ton of new websites, most of which no one has heard of!

Lupus590's Photo Lupus590 24 Sep 2015

do you have gist support from github?

View PostLupus590, on 24 September 2015 - 10:24 AM, said:

do you have gist support from github?
No, just normal github. I should add that.

EDIT: Okay, just added it.

EDIT PS: Another update, replaced a built-in list with a list hosted on Pastebin. Much easier to edit and update.
Edited by LDDestroier, 24 September 2015 - 02:14 PM.

Konlab's Photo Konlab 03 Oct 2015

Suggestion: put support and direct download from url

LDDestroier's Photo LDDestroier 03 Oct 2015

View PostGreen, on 03 October 2015 - 06:44 PM, said:

Suggestion: put support and direct download from url
Hm, good idea. I'll do that!

EDIT: Added prefix 'dd', for direct download. Rather than a code, you input the whole url.
Edited by LDDestroier, 03 October 2015 - 08:02 PM.

LDDestroier's Photo LDDestroier 10 Oct 2015

New update! Added a run function. If you want to run a program and not save it to disk, then don't enter a filename.

Also, I'm not going to add a 'put' function for STD, because not every text storage website would support that. Also, I don't want to.
Edited by LDDestroier, 10 October 2015 - 08:47 PM.

Wojbie's Photo Wojbie 10 Oct 2015

Hmm this is a good idea for a program. While i personally use only one of those websites i can see this as useful tool for many players.
Edited by wojbie, 10 October 2015 - 08:25 PM.

LDDestroier's Photo LDDestroier 10 Oct 2015

View Postwojbie, on 10 October 2015 - 08:25 PM, said:

Hmm this is a good idea for a program. While i personally use only one of those websites i can see this as useful tool for many players.
Why thank you kind sir! For that comment, and for answering the 'Ask a Pro' thing I posted. Now there is a new...

Update! When displaying help screen, it gives a list of all the website codes and their addresses.

LDDestroier's Photo LDDestroier 22 Jan 2016

Update since last update post! Added 'ld' option, which downloads from an array of programs. Do 'std ld' to get the full list.

TheOddByte's Photo TheOddByte 22 Jan 2016

Std? You didn't find anything wrong with that acronym? :P
But I've taken a quick look at the program and I have to say that it looks pretty nice, I'm probably going to take a deeper look as soon as I get home and have access to a computer, and then I'll give some more useful feedback.

LDDestroier's Photo LDDestroier 22 Jan 2016

View PostTheOddByte, on 22 January 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

Std? You didn't find anything wrong with that acronym? :P

I did that acronym because the official acronym is now STI, or Sexually Transmitted Infection, and I wanted to tell people that when they inevitably commented that. Muahahaha.

View PostTheOddByte, on 22 January 2016 - 08:56 AM, said:

But I've taken a quick look at the program and I have to say that it looks pretty nice, I'm probably going to take a deeper look as soon as I get home and have access to a computer, and then I'll give some more useful feedback.

Oh, why thank you kind sir! I designed it to be usable as a drop-in replacement for the default pastebin command, but with more sources to download from. Pastebin, Pastie, Hastebin, Ideone, Gist, Any given URL, etc.

TheOddByte's Photo TheOddByte 22 Jan 2016

View PostLDDestroier, on 22 January 2016 - 12:37 PM, said:

I did that acronym because the official acronym is now STI, or Sexually Transmitted Infection, and I wanted to tell people that when they inevitably commented that. Muahahaha.
Haha, I didn't know that, guess I learned something new today then :P

LDDestroier's Photo LDDestroier 31 Jan 2016

New update v1.1!

I changed the format of the list of programs, so they all have metadata (name, creator, description, forum url). I also added a few more programs, including Firewolf 3.5, Piclock, and some others.

You can update STD just by running it again, and it'll detect the version number and redownload.
Edited by LDDestroier, 31 January 2016 - 05:16 AM.

LDDestroier's Photo LDDestroier 01 Feb 2016

New update 1.2! This is a pretty good one, basically finishing up 1.1.

It adds metadata for each of the URLs to download on, namely the name, amount of characters in the file ID, and the URL to download from.
The update also makes it strip extra characters off the code of the file ID, cos' in emulators, it tends to paste text twice at the same time.

LDDestroier's Photo LDDestroier 09 Feb 2016

New update 1.3!
After realizing that pastebin only allows 500 pastes per IP per day (or so I think,) I thought that redownloading the URL/Store list every time STD is run is a pretty stupid idea. So now it works a bit more similarly to apt-get, meaning you update the list with a command, then download everything off le URLs.

Basically, do 'std update' to update the list. If you have never updated before (checks if '/.std_list' exists) then it will automatically do it for you.

EDIT: Another thing, I'm kinda confused why I get so few comments. I often have to update my programs just to get an excuse to bump it.
Edited by LDDestroier, 09 February 2016 - 02:28 PM.

Creator's Photo Creator 09 Feb 2016

if you want a comment that says nothing, here it is. :P

Anyways, I think the improvement you made makes sense.

Lupus590's Photo Lupus590 09 Feb 2016

View PostLDDestroier, on 09 February 2016 - 02:26 PM, said:

Another thing, I'm kinda confused why I get so few comments. I often have to update my programs just to get an excuse to bump it.

Good programs get that problem, try putting a bug in it and see how many people complain/report it
Edited by Lupus590, 09 February 2016 - 03:36 PM.

LDDestroier's Photo LDDestroier 09 Feb 2016

View PostLupus590, on 09 February 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

Another thing, I'm kinda confused why I get so few comments. I often have to update my programs just to get an excuse to bump it.

Good programs get that problem, try putting a bug in it and see how many people complain/report it

Yeah, that sounds depressingly likely. Before releasing my programs, I want them to at very least work. Then I handle all the unexpected errors and whatnot, like pressing printscreen at a key event prompt or something.

EDIT: I added a bug to it. A literal ASCII art bug. And it's only accessible if you go into the program and set 'serious' to false. It has a 1/64 chance of displaying it in a red font (if using an advanced computer)
Edited by LDDestroier, 09 February 2016 - 05:50 PM.

Lupus590's Photo Lupus590 09 Feb 2016

View PostLDDestroier, on 09 February 2016 - 05:13 PM, said:

View PostLupus590, on 09 February 2016 - 03:36 PM, said:

Yeah, that sounds depressingly likely. Before releasing my programs, I want them to at very least work. Then I handle all the unexpected errors and whatnot, like pressing printscreen at a key event prompt or something.

You should try what I did for hive. "Hey guys I've had this idea and am starting to make it. Do you want to help out?"