←  Beta Testing

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

ComputerCraft 1.77 (Minecraft 1.8.9) Beta...

dan200's Photo dan200 12 Jan 2016

Hey everyone, Welcome to the Beta Testing thread for the first version of ComputerCraft for Minecraft 1.8!
This port has been a lot of work, so will require quite extensive testing before the final release. Please test every feature you can think of, and file bug reports for every bug that you find. I'm using GitHub for bug reports, see below for more info.

Download

ComputerCraft 1.77 has now been released

Changelog
  • Ported to Minecraft 1.8.9
  • Added settings API
  • Added set and wget programs
  • Added settings to disable multishell, startup scripts, and tab completion on a per-computer basis
  • All Computer and Turtle items except Command Computers can now be mounted in Disk Drives
Bug Reports

For this round of ComputerCraft Beta Testing, I'm using GitHub for bug reports. If you find a bug, please visit https://github.com/d...terCraft/issues to report it.

As always, please include screenshots or crash logs with your report if applicable, and please clearly state in the title of the report the version of ComputerCraft you found the bug in. All bugs are valid to report, including ones already present in previous versions of ComputerCraft. If the use of GitHub for bug reports goes well, I may switch all ComputerCraft bug reporting to this system in the future.

Happy testing!

apemanzilla's Photo apemanzilla 12 Jan 2016

I'm glad to finally have a built-in wget program - now all it needs is a -r option to run the response as code instead of saving it :P

Alekso56's Photo Alekso56 12 Jan 2016

As per usual: Lua Changelog

Wojbie's Photo Wojbie 12 Jan 2016

Can i propose that setting "bios.use_multishell" to true on basic computer would cause bios to run multishell?
It seems like intuitive change for me.
Edited by Wojbie, 12 January 2016 - 07:23 PM.

MKlegoman357's Photo MKlegoman357 12 Jan 2016

Here are the Lua-side changes of 1.76 -> 7.77pr0.

EDIT: I've probably had this page opened for too long, didn't notice Alekso56 already posted this :P.
Edited by MKlegoman357, 12 January 2016 - 07:35 PM.

dan200's Photo dan200 12 Jan 2016

Wojbie, on 12 January 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

Can i propose that setting "bios.use_multishell" to true on basic computer would cause bios to run multishell?

I tried this, then remembered that multishell requires the mouse to navigate, and there's no mouse support on basic comps :)

Wojbie's Photo Wojbie 12 Jan 2016

dan200, on 12 January 2016 - 07:39 PM, said:

Wojbie, on 12 January 2016 - 07:22 PM, said:

I tried this, then remembered that multishell requires the mouse to navigate, and there's no mouse support on basic comps :)

Oh right. I forgot vanilla multishell don't have key shortcuts. I keep using my modified one witth ctrl+ n- new tab <-left >-right and k to kill tab all the time.

HPWebcamAble's Photo HPWebcamAble 13 Jan 2016

dan200, on 12 January 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

All Computer and Turtle items except Command Computers can now be mounted in Disk Drives

10 out of 10 would mount again

- IGN

Wojbie's Photo Wojbie 13 Jan 2016

OH and i just noticed.
The "S:default_computer_settings=" part of computercraft config allows you to set the _CC_DEFAULT_SETTINGS global variable. And said variable sets default settings on all computer. So server owners can per example disable disk drive startup for all computers by default. And then owners of said computers can turn it on using settings api if they want it. I really like this setup.

Ajt86's Photo Ajt86 13 Jan 2016

Thank you for finally adding an option for disabling disk startup! :lol:

Luca_S's Photo Luca_S 13 Jan 2016

I made a little change to wget, so you don't have to give the file name, it will automatically resolve it from the URL. See the examples below
Spoiler
http://pastebin.com/2varmnk0

Lemmmy's Photo Lemmmy 15 Jan 2016

Sorry for bumping the idea, but is there any ETA on other HTTP verbs?

dan200's Photo dan200 15 Jan 2016

ComputerCraft 1.77 has now been released, thanks for testing!
http://www.computerc...utercraft-1-77/

Gumball's Photo Gumball 16 Jan 2016

dan200, on 15 January 2016 - 05:40 PM, said:

ComputerCraft 1.77 has now been released, thanks for testing!
http://www.computerc...utercraft-1-77/

This is awesome! The force must have been with you with this one :P
Edited by bluebird173, 16 January 2016 - 07:45 PM.

Lemmmy's Photo Lemmmy 17 Jan 2016

wget is pretty useful, thanks for that! The settings API seems fun to experiment with, too!

massimoG12345's Photo massimoG12345 26 Feb 2016

Where can we download the newest beta? I'm that guy fro github with the whitescreen error... :D

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 26 Feb 2016

The latest release of ComputerCraft is 1.78. There are no current beta releases.