←  Operating Systems

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Axiom - The easy to use UI/OS

Poll: poll

What's next for Axiom?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

EveryOS's Photo EveryOS 25 May 2018

I just notice that github says that I am the first person to submit a PR. So far all I've done in the PR is update to Axiom latest and some CCLite related stuff, but other than that, I am planning to soon submit ANOTHER PR, that is more useful!
Edited by EveryOS, 25 May 2018 - 06:40 PM.

Nothy's Photo Nothy 25 May 2018

View PostEveryOS, on 25 May 2018 - 06:39 PM, said:

I just notice that github says that I am the first person to submit a PR. So far all I've done in the PR is update to Axiom latest and some CCLite related stuff, but other than that, I am planning to soon submit ANOTHER PR, that is more useful!
Sure thing. Make sure you get the installer to work as well, as currently it does nothing in particular

EveryOS's Photo EveryOS 25 May 2018

MERGED. Thank you a lot.

On Tuesday I'm going to make the kernel look neater (There are many unused variables) and then add some features

Nothy's Photo Nothy 26 May 2018

There's an Open Source version of Axiom! Come join the development.

https://github.com/n...xiom-opensource

EveryOS's Photo EveryOS 26 May 2018

I'm working on a version of AxiomUI CE that neatens the kernel (Alot), has an update system, and introduces a completely new, innovative login system I've never seen used in an OS before

Nothy's Photo Nothy 26 May 2018

View PostEveryOS, on 26 May 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

I'm working on a version of AxiomUI CE that neatens the kernel (Alot), has an update system, and introduces a completely new, innovative login system I've never seen used in an OS before
I've yet to see the login, but there could be a reason why it hasn't been used.

Nothy's Photo Nothy 27 May 2018

What's happened to the pastebin installer?!

Fear not, it's still there. Just that I've now transitioned the development onto github, since it is far easier to work with.

What does this mean for Axiom?

Absolutely nothing. It just means that the development is more streamlined, meaning updates come sooner and bigger than before.

Also, LDDestroier has joined the development of Axiom, incorporating new features for Edge and a lot of fixes I'd never thought about.

Nothy's Photo Nothy 12 Jul 2018

This project has been silent for a while. This is for a few reasons.
  • I recently graduated and went on a hunt for a job
  • I found a job
  • I'm now doing said job, with not so much time left for Axiom
Fear not, I'll still work on it. And here's what's coming in the next update (6.0)
  • Chatter will be pre-installed, enabling you to connect to the internet and chat to others. It will also feature a custom UI only for axiom.
  • An axiom API will be packaged and loaded on boot, allowing apps to get the name of who's currently logged in, alongside a bit more information such as their current settings.
    This is in an effort to clean up the way Axiom handles settings & such across apps.
  • Speaking of apps. An apps list will be added to the o* menu. So you can finally launch apps from there, instead of creating a desktop icon for it.

Nothy's Photo Nothy 26 Jan 2019

This project is stale! Why?

I've been working on a super secret side project for the past year or so.
I'm not going to reveal too much, but it has something to do with Axiom - or - will eventually replace Axiom.

This project has had a few testers already (thanks!) and I can safely say that I will release it for public testing soon.
I'll put out more information soon.

O° LunarOS

Simlor_GER's Photo Simlor_GER 17 Apr 2019

View PostNothy, on 26 January 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

This project is stale! Why?

I've been working on a super secret side project for the past year or so.
I'm not going to reveal too much, but it has something to do with Axiom - or - will eventually replace Axiom.

This project has had a few testers already (thanks!) and I can safely say that I will release it for public testing soon.
I'll put out more information soon.

O° LunarOS

I love secrets and you're really doing a great job with the OS.
I'm looking forward to what's coming! :P

Simlor

Nothy's Photo Nothy 03 Jan 2020

GASP

What's this? A legitimate Axiom update?
Yes!

Changes in Version 5.1
  • Delete user no longer crashes settings
  • New users can successfully be created without any.. weirdness.
  • Boot time (due to ridiculous boot animation) has been reduced to as little as possible.
  • Settings API has seen some improvements with handling user accounts, deleting said accounts & managing settings.
  • Fork of STD-GUI has seen some minor changes.
  • Updated boot animation. It's really fancy - if you see it, that is.
  • Background images now render correctly in CC1.80.
Other than this, there's pretty much nothing else to say. I'll get back to this OS at some point. It desperately needs a rewrite as the code is absolutely abysmal.

EveryOS's Photo EveryOS 09 Jan 2020

Also at some point I'm going to be writing my own version. At some point I started at this, but then dropped it.

Nothy's Photo Nothy 03 Nov 2023

Hey there, it's been a while.

So I decided to get back into CC recently and noticed what a hot mess Axiom is.

I've taken to fixing some of the issues to at least make it somewhat usable, below are some changes I've made:

Axiom experimental 5.2 changelog:
- fixed failure to find updates upon startup causing system crash
- changed boot animation to reflect stylistic changes
- disabled telemetry defaulting to on
- updated copyright notice, also updated to allow redistribution with credit
- changed settings app to reflect that it may not be able to find a latest version
- fixed Axiom taking absolutely FOREVER to boot by disabling update checking (since it's slow as hell and does, in fact, not work as of right now)

explorer.app 1.3 changelog:
- fixed bug where back button goes up one directory level but won't refresh UI
- fixed bug where LuaIDE would not exit correctly, causing filebrowser to not refresh UI

There's still a heap of bugs to fix, and I will likely do a major overhaul at some stage.
Still working on that secret project by the way, I just have not had time over the past several years.

Adult life and all that, ya know.

Anyway hope this update brings some joy to someone, somewhere.

Feedback is appreciated,
Cheers.
Edited by Nothy, 03 November 2023 - 09:12 PM.