Notice the function at the bottom?
More screenies (updated:)
Spoiler

Download:
http://pastebin.com/MrYWEUXT
pastebin get MrYWEUXT speadersheet

Changelog:
Spoiler

[Warning! Don't read the code! Or you will discover some messy and unreadable hard Lua literature!]

Controls:
Spoiler

Function format:
Spoiler

TODO:
Spoiler

Credits: Creator for the idea
Dog: for telling me the tostring thing to hide '.0' on the end of numbers

License: do anything you want to do with it but I'm not responsible for anything (but if you re-release you could credit me and +1, please)
Edited by Konlab, 11 June 2016 - 10:10 AM.

Dog's Photo Dog 23 May 2016

You're getting 1.0, 2.0, etc. at the top of your columns because you're not using tostring(). Convert the number to a string on line 126 and the .0 should be eliminated.

Dahknee's Photo Dahknee 23 May 2016

Could you upload this to my app store?:o I am working on a few updates, and one of them includes some new categories for programs that will be in, one of them is like Utilities like Word, Calculator, Spreadsheet, Powerpoint, and things like so, so this would be cool to be on my app store.

If you don't mind of course :P Link is here:
http://www.computerc...-discover-api6/

TheRockettek's Photo TheRockettek 23 May 2016

:P its not a speadersheets, its a spreadsheet ;)

Creator's Photo Creator 23 May 2016

Awesome. Now we need powerpoint. I also see you implemented file storing since the last time you showed me this.

Konlab's Photo Konlab 23 May 2016

Thanks for your replies!

View PostDog, on 23 May 2016 - 04:51 PM, said:

You're getting 1.0, 2.0, etc. at the top of your columns because you're not using tostring(). Convert the number to a string on line 126 and the .0 should be eliminated.
Thanks! Will correct!

View PostDannySMc, on 23 May 2016 - 04:59 PM, said:

Could you upload this to my app store? :o I am working on a few updates, and one of them includes some new categories for programs that will be in, one of them is like Utilities like Word, Calculator, Spreadsheet, Powerpoint, and things like so, so this would be cool to be on my app store.

If you don't mind of course :P Link is here:
http://www.computerc...-discover-api6/
Of course!

View PostTheRockettek, on 23 May 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

:P its not a speadersheets, its a spreadsheet ;)
Thanks! Corrected!

View PostCreator, on 23 May 2016 - 05:23 PM, said:

Awesome. Now we need powerpoint. I also see you implemented file storing since the last time you showed me this.
Power point is a good idea
Edited by Konlab, 23 May 2016 - 05:30 PM.

TheRockettek's Photo TheRockettek 23 May 2016

KonLabs Office Bundle :P

Dahknee's Photo Dahknee 24 May 2016

View PostTheRockettek, on 23 May 2016 - 06:19 PM, said:

I will actually name this under the Store xD As long as he can get out an alternative to:
Word
Powerpoint
Spreadsheet

Konlab's Photo Konlab 24 May 2016

Nex update!
Added functions: =ADD A-C1
and =COPY G5

View PostDannySMc, on 24 May 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

I will actually name this under the Store xD As long as he can get out an alternative to:
Word
Powerpoint
Spreadsheet
Word is hard :(

Dahknee's Photo Dahknee 24 May 2016

View PostKonlab, on 24 May 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

Nex update!
Added functions: =ADD A-C1
and =COPY G5

View PostDannySMc, on 24 May 2016 - 12:18 PM, said:

Word
Powerpoint
Spreadsheet
Word is hard :(

Yeah it will be :/

Selim's Photo Selim 06 Jun 2016

Suggestion: Make it able to read from CSV files. They are actually quite simple and should be easy enough to be able to load a spreadsheet from one.

randomdude999's Photo randomdude999 06 Jun 2016

Some ideas for a text editor:
  • You could have an "insert mode", where the person enters text, and a "command mode", where they can control text color etc (yes I use vim).
  • Since ComputerCraft display is quite limited, there wouldn't be a lot of things to do in command mode, but they could control text/background color and maybe text alignment as well.
  • You could make the key to enter insert mode be "i" and to exit it Ctrl (can't use Esc since that exits the computer).
  • Maybe "b" background color control and "c" for text color.
  • And "a" to toggle alignment (between left, center and right, also justify if you implement it.).
  • Maybe select stuff with "s" then move to end point and "s" again. (Then you can apply color operations on it)
  • Maybe make a file menu accessible with "f" where you could save/open (/print? (color printing would be tedious)) stuff.
  • Maybe a status line that tells you what mode you are in and maybe the word count?
(I might have overused the word "maybe", but these are just suggestions)

Emma's Photo Emma 06 Jun 2016

View Postrandomdude999, on 06 June 2016 - 05:45 PM, said:

--snip--
  • You could make the key to enter insert mode be "i" and to exit it Ctrl (can't use Esc since that exits the computer).
--snip--
Or, you could, ya no, just use the insert key.

Konlab's Photo Konlab 07 Jun 2016

Some ideas for a text editor:
  • You could have an "insert mode", where the person enters text, and a "command mode", where they can control text color etc (yes I use vim).
  • Since ComputerCraft display is quite limited, there wouldn't be a lot of things to do in command mode, but they could control text/background color and maybe text alignment as well.
  • Maybe "b" background color control and "c" for text color.
  • And "a" to toggle alignment (between left, center and right, also justify if you implement it.).
  • Maybe select stuff with "s" then move to end point and "s" again. (Then you can apply color operations on it)
  • Maybe make a file menu accessible with "f" where you could save/open (/print? (color printing would be tedious)) stuff.
  • Maybe a status line that tells you what mode you are in and maybe the word count?
(I might have overused the word "maybe", but these are just suggestions)
I know vim too :)

The text editor is hard
Power point seems not that hard, but time consuming instead :(
And debugging this will be time consuming too, not sure if I can motivate myself ever

randomdude999's Photo randomdude999 07 Jun 2016

View PostIncinirate, on 06 June 2016 - 09:06 PM, said:

--snip--
--snip--
Or, you could, ya no, just use the insert key.
Some new laptop keyboards don't even have an insert key. (For example my laptop (came preinstalled with win7))

View PostKonlab, on 07 June 2016 - 05:57 PM, said:

--snip--

I know vim too :)

The text editor is hard
Power point seems not that hard, but time consuming instead :(
And debugging this will be time consuming too, not sure if I can motivate myself ever
Maybe I can help with debugging?

MKlegoman357's Photo MKlegoman357 08 Jun 2016

View Postrandomdude999, on 07 June 2016 - 06:50 PM, said:

Some new laptop keyboards don't even have an insert key. (For example my laptop (came preinstalled with win7))

All keyboards have an insert key. It might be hidden as a function key (fn). Or it's name might be shortened to something like "ins".

Konlab's Photo Konlab 09 Jun 2016

View Postrandomdude999, on 07 June 2016 - 06:50 PM, said:

Maybe I can help with debugging?
If you can find the source of bugs with copy pasting or with the copying I will give a HUGE CREDIT

randomdude999's Photo randomdude999 09 Jun 2016

View PostMKlegoman357, on 08 June 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

All keyboards have an insert key. It might be hidden as a function key (fn). Or it's name might be shortened to something like "ins".

Found it. fn+i. Completely unlabeled or anything. I just went to my text editor and started mashing keys with the fn key down.

Bye.'s Photo Bye. 10 Jun 2016

Hi, can I please add your program to my OS?

Konlab's Photo Konlab 11 Jun 2016

View PostChecco2212, on 10 June 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

Hi, can I please add your program to my OS?
Of course! :D