←  APIs and Utilities

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

[CC1.5]ComputerCraft Emulator V0.57 (Febru...

Locked

Xtansia's Photo Xtansia 17 Jul 2012

Due to this project no longer being continued, I am adding a note here, pointing people to the NEW version: http://www.computerc...ux-development/

-Cranium

Spoiler

Edited by Cranium, 19 July 2014 - 08:15 AM.
Reason for edit:: Disclaimer
Quote

Tiin57's Photo Tiin57 17 Jul 2012

Edit: Thank you! Testing on OS X now.
Quote

Xtansia's Photo Xtansia 17 Jul 2012

 tiin57, on 17 July 2012 - 10:25 AM, said:

Yay, thank you for the first CC emulator that actually works with CraftOS apis and programs! However, I don't see a download link. I'll test on OS X as soon as one goes up.

Page currently under construction once I have finished writing up the page and adding images it will go up,
Submitting the thread before it is finished is like saving it in case I stuff up.
Quote

Mendax's Photo Mendax 17 Jul 2012

:P/> you released it! I'm happy :)/> Time to work on ShadOS ;)/>
EDIT: D: No DL link? D:
Quote

Xtansia's Photo Xtansia 17 Jul 2012

 mrminer84403, on 17 July 2012 - 11:00 AM, said:

:P/> you released it! I'm happy :)/> Time to work on ShadOS ;)/>
EDIT: D: No DL link? D:

Read the top of the thread
UNDER-CONSTRUCTION
Quote

Mendax's Photo Mendax 17 Jul 2012

 tomass1996, on 17 July 2012 - 11:10 AM, said:


Read the top of the thread
UNDER-CONSTRUCTION
I know. Still. I'll wait a bit... :P/>
Quote

Xtansia's Photo Xtansia 17 Jul 2012

Ok guys DL link should be up within half an hour just need to do a couple tweaks.
Quote

Mendax's Photo Mendax 17 Jul 2012

 tomass1996, on 17 July 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

Ok guys DL link should be up within half an hour just need to do a couple tweaks.
:)/> ;)/> ;)/> ;)/> :)/> Please tell me you can add files to the computer dir :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/>
EDIT:
hfjdhdkjhk Never mind :P/>
Quote

Xtansia's Photo Xtansia 17 Jul 2012

 mrminer84403, on 17 July 2012 - 11:25 AM, said:

 tomass1996, on 17 July 2012 - 11:19 AM, said:

Ok guys DL link should be up within half an hour just need to do a couple tweaks.
:P/> :)/> ;)/> ;)/> ;)/> Please tell me you can add files to the computer dir :)/> :D/> :D/> :D/> :D/>

You mean the dir that are the id numbers? Well then yes, they're just like normal CC computers
Quote

Mendax's Photo Mendax 17 Jul 2012

P.S. I'm refreshing this page every five mins to check if it's up :P/>
Quote

Xtansia's Photo Xtansia 17 Jul 2012

Houston, We have lift off.
Quote

Mendax's Photo Mendax 17 Jul 2012

:P/> YAY :)/> YAY
Quote

samrg472's Photo samrg472 17 Jul 2012

Nice work on this :P/>
Quote

Xtansia's Photo Xtansia 17 Jul 2012

 samrg472, on 17 July 2012 - 12:44 PM, said:

Nice work on this :P/>

Thank you,
Glad you like it.

In other news I've gotten reports of it working on linux.
Quote

Tiin57's Photo Tiin57 17 Jul 2012

Ok, excellent job and all, still quite impressed, but on OS X, it starts and goes to the terminal screen fine, but with a 2x2 setup, I cannot change screens or input to the default selected screen. (I am running Mountain Lion, or OS X 10.8).
Also, a copy/paste function would be nice.
Finally, how would I make a program available to all the emulator computers? They don't seem to read anything except the default programs in mods/computercraft/lua/rom/programs.
Quote

Sxw's Photo Sxw 17 Jul 2012

Ohhhhhhh, I have Lion (NOT the dev version that tiin57 has, the one that normal people have and im testing in in just a sec...
EDIT:Same result as tiin. D:
Quote

kazagistar's Photo kazagistar 17 Jul 2012

 tiin57, on 17 July 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Also, a copy/paste function would be nice.
Finally, how would I make a program available to all the emulator computers? They don't seem to read anything except the default programs in mods/computercraft/lua/rom/programs.
They are a full emulator, as far as I can tell, so they will read bios and startup just like any a computercraft computer, have the same limitations, etc.

On another note, I have a small issue... the program does not idle. I don't know if this is a CC limitation or what, but idling 1 terminal causes 99% CPU usage and causes it to enter heater mode.
Quote

luingar's Photo luingar 17 Jul 2012

Suggestion. Context menu. This could let you do many many things, making the emulator a much better testing enviroment without sacrificing asthetics or realistic-ness (I hate when I forget a word)

here's a shitty photoshop of how it could look.

Posted Image
Quote

Xtansia's Photo Xtansia 18 Jul 2012

 tiin57, on 17 July 2012 - 01:59 PM, said:

Ok, excellent job and all, still quite impressed, but on OS X, it starts and goes to the terminal screen fine, but with a 2x2 setup, I cannot change screens or input to the default selected screen. (I am running Mountain Lion, or OS X 10.8).
Also, a copy/paste function would be nice.
Finally, how would I make a program available to all the emulator computers? They don't seem to read anything except the default programs in mods/computercraft/lua/rom/programs.

 Sxw1212, on 17 July 2012 - 02:07 PM, said:

Ohhhhhhh, I have Lion (NOT the dev version that tiin57 has, the one that normal people have and im testing in in just a sec...
EDIT:Same result as tiin. D:

Hmm that is strange it *should* work though that obviously not guaranteed due to each os being different.
Did you get any errors output in your terminal/console window?
It sounds like an issue with LWJGL + OSX
Quote

Xtansia's Photo Xtansia 18 Jul 2012

 kazagistar, on 17 July 2012 - 07:12 PM, said:

On another note, I have a small issue... the program does not idle. I don't know if this is a CC limitation or what, but idling 1 terminal causes 99% CPU usage and causes it to enter heater mode.

Hmm that isn't good I'll see if I can mend this.
Quote
Locked