←  Beta Testing

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

ComputerCraft 1.80 Beta Information (Minec...

vico's Photo vico 04 Nov 2016

View PostBomb Bloke, on 03 November 2016 - 04:22 AM, said:

People are playing MC 1.9.4 already?

Forge no longer supports 1.7.10 at all (threads about it are locked) and I believe support for 1.8.9 is dwindling. I would recommend updating directly to 1.10.2, the only version that's currently receiving bug fixes and enhancements.
http://www.minecraft...22294#msg222294

You shouldn't be updating to 1.9, you should be updating to 1.10.2 or at least 1.9.4.
http://www.minecraft...19712#msg219712

The current version of Minecraft.
Typically it is also custom for us to give leniency for the previous version of Minecraft as well as we fully understand that sometimes mods take a while to update.
However you're asking for support on a version that is TWO YEARS out of date.
There is no more development for it on Forge's end.
There is NO reason modders should be developing for it.
If you as a user decide to use it that's great. But don't expect us to help you with it.
It's a stupid analogy but it's apt. It's like calling up Microsoft and asking for them to fix your windows XP install.
Its not a hard concept, stop being a pain.

So TLDR:
If you use 1.10.2: Feel free to ask questions here
If you don't: Fix your own shit.
http://www.minecraft...15880#msg215880

------------------------------

There are a plenty of reasons. The main can be the need to use an unsupported Forge version to play CC. Want more?

View Postapemanzilla, on 03 November 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

I, for one, welcome our new OpenComputers overlords.

The problem to me about OC is the very complex mechanism. We need to craft part by part the computer, plus another API for power. For me its very off-vanilla than CC.

Anavrins's Photo Anavrins 04 Nov 2016

View PostDreossk, on 04 November 2016 - 09:06 PM, said:

Thanks, I'll check out OpenComputers. I understand Dan might be tired of doing this. There is no way I'm downgrading below 1.10
Tbh, I don't think it's about Dan being tired of this, but rather about not having the time to dedicate to something that has no monetary revenue, this is why he went to make his new game Redirection.

Bomb Bloke's Photo Bomb Bloke 05 Nov 2016

View Postvico, on 04 November 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

There are a plenty of reasons. The main can be the need to use an unsupported Forge version to play CC. Want more?

Meh, "unsupported" is not the same thing as "unstable". I've moved past 1.7.10 myself, but I understand why plenty of people haven't, and in many cases, probably won't.

I wasn't being serious with my comment, but then, I didn't think you were being serious with your whining. Dan'll get to updating when he gets to updating. He doesn't owe anyone anything, so there's no point in complaining - letting him know his users want and enjoy his work is one thing, hassling him for it is another.
Edited by Bomb Bloke, 05 November 2016 - 04:36 AM.

TYKUHN2's Photo TYKUHN2 05 Nov 2016

I won't upgrade past 1.8.something because I start personally disliking the changes past that.

houseofkraft's Photo houseofkraft 10 Dec 2016

People are actually playing 1.11 :)

Dametqwerty's Photo Dametqwerty 29 Jan 2017

So ummm... Well any update on CC for 1.11?

COOLGAMETUBE's Photo COOLGAMETUBE 02 Feb 2017

Im a rebel! Still play 1.8 xD

vico's Photo vico 05 Feb 2017

View PostDametqwerty, on 29 January 2017 - 05:12 AM, said:

I'm hoping SquidDev will rethink and update his CC bug-fixing mod (Unborked) for 1.11.x

vico's Photo vico 05 Feb 2017

View PostDametqwerty, on 29 January 2017 - 05:12 AM, said:

I'm hoping SquidDev will rethink and update his CC bug-fixing mod (Unborked) for 1.11.x

Mao Zedong's Photo Mao Zedong 05 Feb 2017

View PostAnavrins, on 04 November 2016 - 10:27 PM, said:

This is why he went to make his new game Redirection.

I thought you just said he didn't want to work on something without monetary revenue?

Dametqwerty's Photo Dametqwerty 06 Feb 2017

So CC is dying?

JoeNoIce's Photo JoeNoIce 12 Feb 2017

View PostDametqwerty, on 06 February 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

So CC is dying?

i hope not

vico's Photo vico 18 Feb 2017

So CC is dying?

Nope. See the unborked note on later pages. SquidDev make a coremod to fix all bugs and load the mod up to 1.11.2!

So CC is dying?

Nope. See the unborked note on later pages. SquidDev make a coremod to fix all bugs and load the mod up to 1.11.2!

diamondcreeper098's Photo diamondcreeper098 25 Feb 2017

Please make computer craft mod for minecraft 1.11.2

dan200's Photo dan200 11 Sep 2017

Hi everyone,

I just updated the OP with a new release of the ComputerCraft beta! This includes all the community contributions since CC went open source a few months ago, and brings our compatibility level to Minecraft 1.12!

There's probably bugs in this build, so please test eveyrthing you can thing of (not just the new features) and report any bugs you find on GitHub, clearly stating the version number. We'd like to do a final release of this soon so the more testing you can do soon, the better!

Dave-ee Jones's Photo Dave-ee Jones 12 Sep 2017

View Postdan200, on 11 September 2017 - 11:19 PM, said:

Hi everyone,

I just updated the OP with a new release of the ComputerCraft beta! This includes all the community contributions since CC went open source a few months ago, and brings our compatibility level to Minecraft 1.12!

There's probably bugs in this build, so please test eveyrthing you can thing of (not just the new features) and report any bugs you find on GitHub, clearly stating the version number. We'd like to do a final release of this soon so the more testing you can do soon, the better!

SPEAKERS? Does this mean I can add sound to my car simulator, Dash?! :o

Bomb Bloke's Photo Bomb Bloke 12 Sep 2017

Yes, these are the speakers MineRobber suggested to you.

Dave-ee Jones's Photo Dave-ee Jones 12 Sep 2017

View PostBomb Bloke, on 12 September 2017 - 05:48 AM, said:

Yes, these are the speakers MineRobber suggested to you.

Noice. Could even incorporate it with Dodj as well. Gotta have those tennis grunts..

Elaizafes's Photo Elaizafes 21 Sep 2017

The bug count seems to be rapidly decreasing; so Id suggest we tag the sources for the second beta on Friday so we can build the binaries over the weekend. Or are there other improvements Im currently not aware of we want in the second beta?

SchnitzeltoastMC's Photo SchnitzeltoastMC 07 Dec 2017

It has many procedures not working anymore. The most of all OSes in this forum break during boot.

We run it on our Server. We don't have so much Problems. But the broken procedures are not good