←  Peripherals and Turtle Upgrades

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

[MC 1.8.9-1.12.2] Plethora

vico's Photo vico 25 Feb 2017

View PostSquidDev, on 23 February 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

Whilst train linking is a useful thing, I don't feel it fits within the scope of Plethora - it would be much better suited to a mod which just adds this feature. Knowing the modded community, there is probably something out there already.

I asked several times in modding circlejerks (mainly MMD) and the only answer i've got was: "Get Railcraft".

SquidDev's Photo SquidDev 26 Feb 2017

Posted Image
What's this old boy? Is this another Plethora update. Oh how absolutely spiffing!

I've just released Plethora 1.1.1. This isn't a big release, with the most notable "feature" being a beta release of Plethora for Minecraft 1.11.2. As always, there will probably be bugs so please report them as soon as possible.

For those who aren't on Minecraft 1.11.2, there are still some useful changes and additions:

Changelog
  • Fire chat_message event for all chat messages, now contains the entity's name and UUID.
  • Add Baubles support to neural interface: can now be placed in the head slot.
  • Change several methods to have no delay - allowing most note programs to run correctly.
  • Allow keyboard to be mounted as a module. It monitors all key presses a player makes (so you don't have to open the keyboard or computer GUI).
  • Fix key repeat events not being triggered when using JEI.

Edited by SquidDev, 26 February 2017 - 07:22 PM.

SquidDev's Photo SquidDev 14 Mar 2017

I've just pushed Plethora 1.1.2. This really isn't anything to get excited about, it just fixes a couple of bugs and crashes people were having.

Changelog (1.8.9, 1.10.2)
  • Fix keyboard not working on multiplayer
Changelog (1.11.2)
  • All of the above
  • Fix crashing with block scanner
  • Fix keyboard text not being translated on multiplayer
Also worth noting that Plethora is now out of beta for 1.11.2 so, if that was stopping you before, worry no more!
Edited by SquidDev, 15 March 2017 - 07:50 AM.

SquidDev's Photo SquidDev 02 Apr 2017

I've just released Plethora 1.1.3. There are a couple of minor adjustments and improvements which I thought I'd share:

Fall damage
Firstly, the kinetic augment will adjust your "fall distance" after launching you, meaning you won't die from fall damage if your velocity is sufficiently low. This allows some rather interesting things: I wrote a silly little program which allows you to fly, slowing you down as you come near to the ground. Yes, Plethora is rather OP.

Posted Image

Minecart Computer upgrades
You can now place a cohort of modules and peripherals on the minecart computer. It has four slots (top, left, right and back) which should be highlighted when you mouse over. Do note that this is rather flakey at the moment: sometimes it looks like it should register but doesn't. Sorry about that, Minecraft doesn't make complex entity interactions easy.

Posted Image

Full changelog
  • Add support for CCTweaks' custom roms.
  • Fix lasers not obeying the doTileDrops gamerule.
  • Fix lasers sometimes breaking their manipulator.
  • Reset fall damage after being launched by the kinetic augment.
  • Allow adding upgrades to the minecart computer.
  • Add command API to command computer minecarts.
  • Add propel(velocity) method to the kinetic augment for minecarts.
  • [1.10.2] Add .setActive() method to elytra item.

Bomb Bloke's Photo Bomb Bloke 02 Apr 2017

View PostSquidDev, on 02 April 2017 - 01:18 AM, said:

Firstly, the kinetic augment will adjust your "fall distance" after launching you, meaning you won't die from fall damage if your velocity is sufficiently low. This allows some rather interesting things: I wrote a silly little program which allows you to fly, slowing you down as you come near to the ground. Yes, Plethora is rather OP.

I'd tried my hand at such a script a while back, and landing was indeed a bit of a problem. My main issue, though, was that the server I was on kept on kicking me for flying. Beats me how that works, as there were plenty of mods that added jetpacks and creative-mode flight options...

That, and presumably due to latency I couldn't actually stay airbourne without frequent high-velocity launches.

SquidDev's Photo SquidDev 02 Apr 2017

View PostBomb Bloke, on 02 April 2017 - 03:55 AM, said:

I'd tried my hand at such a script a while back, and landing was indeed a bit of a problem. My main issue, though, was that the server I was on kept on kicking me for flying. Beats me how that works, as there were plenty of mods that added jetpacks and creative-mode flight options...
Yeah, I've had the same issue. I've had a look at MC's flight detection, it looks like it should be pretty simple to prevent.

View PostBomb Bloke, on 02 April 2017 - 03:55 AM, said:

That, and presumably due to latency I couldn't actually stay airbourne without frequent high-velocity launches.
I was initially having the same problem, so I ended up running multiple loops in parallel: one checking player velocity, another handling fall recovery, etc... It seems to do the trick, but I wouldn't want to risk it on a server, where you're going to get lag spikes and other computers slowing things down.

SquidDev's Photo SquidDev 05 Apr 2017

It begins:
Posted Image

Well, I've begun working on something that I've had requested a couple of times: terminal glasses.

I'm currently planning two drawing modes: 2D and 3D. The former will only be available on the neural interface, and will render like a heads-up display. You will be able to render 3D objects from the neural interface, manipulator and any other module owner. These will be rendered in world, allowing you to do a far more effective version of this.

However, I'd really appreciate other people's thoughts on the matter: what features could you see yourself using? What do you feel is missing? Please post your comments here or on the Plethora issue tracker. Thanks!

Bomb Bloke's Photo Bomb Bloke 06 Apr 2017

Dunno what you've already got planned for it, but it strikes me that being able to plot text characters into the world would be handy. Even if they just automatically turn to face the viewer, there's a lot that could be done with them, and having the support built in to the mod directly would likely reduce overhead on servers.

What's the deal with the 3D rendering? Vertices? Planes? Solids? Alpha control?

You might even consider implementing Minecraft particle support. We can produce them via command computers but it'd be pretty cool to open them up to non-ops.
Edited by Bomb Bloke, 06 April 2017 - 05:02 AM.

CinnamonLoaf's Photo CinnamonLoaf 07 Apr 2017

Not sure where the best place to post errors would be, but I'm having issues starting my server with this mod. It crashes every time it gets to initializing the actual mod. I've added the crash report below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Spoiler

As a note I'm able to run everything on a single player mode. I've also tried removing all other mods excluding ComputerCraft, Unborked and Plethora without any change in the crash. If anyone has an idea of how to make it work for my server that would be awesome.

Launch Options :

java -Xmx7g -Xms7g -d64 -server -jar forge-1.10.2-12.18.3.2254-universal.jar nogui
pause

Edited by Bomb Bloke, 10 April 2017 - 12:36 AM.

SquidDev's Photo SquidDev 07 Apr 2017

View PostCinnamonLoaf, on 07 April 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

Not sure where the best place to post errors would be, but I'm having issues starting my server with this mod. It crashes every time it gets to initializing the actual mod. I've added the crash report below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Really sorry about this. This was my fault for only testing this on single player. I've just pushed Plethora 1.1.4 which should fix this crash. Sorry.

Fully Changelog
  • Reset floating time when launching using the kinetic manipulator. This means you will not get kicked for flying when using it. This can be disabled in the config, should you wish to.
  • Add CCTweaks's wireless bridge as a minecart upgrade.
  • Fix crashing server on launch.

View PostBomb Bloke, on 06 April 2017 - 05:00 AM, said:

What's the deal with the 3D rendering? Vertices? Planes? Solids? Alpha control?
I'm planning to add some basic primitives (lines, triangles and the more general line loop and polygon). I'm probably going to add a cube or box primitive, but you should be able to build solids just using triangles. You'll be able to set the colour and alpha of any object. I'm not 100% sure how semi-transparent objects will work yet, I'll probably need to sort them.

The only other "fancy" thing I'm considering is a way of rendering blocks: either as their item form, or the block model. The former would be mostly useful in 2D GUIs, and I'm sure people could find a use of the block model in world.

Dunno what you've already got planned for it, but it strikes me that being able to plot text characters into the world would be handy. Even if they just automatically turn to face the viewer, there's a lot that could be done with them, and having the support built in to the mod directly would likely reduce overhead on servers.
For basic 2D shapes like rectangles and text, I'm planning to have two forms: rotatable and floating. The former can be oriented in a specific direction, the latter will rotate to face the player.

You might even consider implementing Minecraft particle support. We can produce them via command computers but it'd be pretty cool to open them up to non-ops.
That would be interesting. I'm not entirely sure of a way to do it which integrates with everything else, as particles have a lifespan, but I will definitely look into it. Thanks very much for the comments!

SquidDev's Photo SquidDev 09 Apr 2017

I've just pushed Plethora 1.1.5 with a couple of minor bug fixes.

Changelog
  • Fix not being able to "swap" items in the manipulator GUI.
  • Fix manipulator not being reset on death (again).
  • Fix being kicked from a server when using a module and changing modules at the same time.
  • Fix incorrect rendering of items in the manipulator on 1.10.2 and 1.11.2.
  • Fire chat_message events, even if the chat recorder has no owner.

augiteSoul's Photo augiteSoul 15 Apr 2017

You'll hate me, but why not a 1.7.10 version?

SquidDev's Photo SquidDev 15 Apr 2017

View PostaugiteSoul, on 15 April 2017 - 06:49 PM, said:

You'll hate me, but why not a 1.7.10 version?

A couple of reasons:
  • There are a lot of changes between 1.7.10 and 1.8.9+, which makes managing multiple versions hard.
  • There are plenty of 1.7.10 peripheral mods already: most of this mod's functionality is duplicated somewhere else.
  • Let it go. Please, just let 1.7.10 die.

Edited by SquidDev, 16 April 2017 - 12:01 PM.

D3matt's Photo D3matt 20 Apr 2017

I'd like to see a mod that adds RFID and Mag Stripe/swipe cards like what ImmibisPeripherals used to have. Would you be willing to add this to Plethora?

SquidDev's Photo SquidDev 22 Apr 2017

View PostD3matt, on 20 April 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:

I'd like to see a mod that adds RFID and Mag Stripe/swipe cards like what ImmibisPeripherals used to have. Would you be willing to add this to Plethora?
Probably not - it's a cool feature, but something I'm not really interested in adding to Plethora.
Edited by SquidDev, 22 April 2017 - 11:08 AM.

SquidDev's Photo SquidDev 09 May 2017

I've recently updated the 1.10.2 version of Plethora to support the "bleeding-edge" ComputerCraft version. Plethora 1.1.6 requires a recent build of ComputerCraft. Note that if you're using CCTweaks, you will not be able to update.

Changelog
  • Fix IMedia provider using client side methods.
  • Port pocket upgrades to use ComputerCraft's built-in system.
  • Move from CCTweaks's IContainerComputer to ComputerCraft's version.

vico's Photo vico 25 May 2017

I've got this error trying to launch a server and I'm dumb enough not to know what the problem is:

Spoiler

CCcrafter's Photo CCcrafter 02 Jun 2017

Seems to be caused by cc tweaks

SquidDev's Photo SquidDev 03 Jun 2017

View Postvico, on 25 May 2017 - 11:56 PM, said:

I've got this error trying to launch a server and I'm dumb enough not to know what the problem is:

View PostCCcrafter, on 02 June 2017 - 11:29 PM, said:

Seems to be caused by cc tweaks
Yep. This bug was also reported on the GitHub, so I marked it fixed there but not here - CCTweaks 1.4.1 fixes this problem.

SquidDev's Photo SquidDev 10 Jun 2017

Plethora 1.1.7-pr0
I've just updated Plethora to work on the latest builds of ComputerCraft. This doesn't add any interesting functionality, just makes sure nothing crashes :).

Please note, if you're using Unborked or CCTweaks, you should have a read of this post here.

Changelog Please note this is a beta so there may be some strange bugs - please report them on the issue tracker so I can fix them. Thanks!
Edited by SquidDev, 10 June 2017 - 01:42 PM.