←  Servers

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Airwaves [1.12] [Latest ComputerCraft]

Dahknee's Photo Dahknee 02 Jun 2017

AIR Waves

Introduction:
Hello everyone!
So this post is just a placeholder for the time being until I have some more time to update it; most likely tomorrow. I have created a server which updates the server nightly with builds to make sure that the latest updates for ComputerCraft are installed and added to the server. There are only two mods as of now, which are the ComputerCraft jar and an additional jar to make it work with Minecraft 1.12; I will in the future create a solder technic pack for the server, which will allow you to download the latest build.
Update:
Hey everyone due to some changes and griefing we have now had the chance to update to Minecraft 1.12 with additional server plugins, so GriefPrevention is installed on the server for you to protected your land. The latest build of CC which is installed disables turtles from doing anything to ruin the server that have GP protected areas.
Builds:
The nightly builds are done at 00:00 GMT every 3 days.
Mods:
Link to the website that the mods are hosted on is here: https://kaos-network...ervers/airwaves
Forge Download/Version:
Just download the Forge version mentioned in the about section of the website, and then download the two files (links in sidebar). Place into your mods folder and boom! Done.
Server IP:
The server IP is: kaos-network.com:25599
Reason for server:
This is mainly for testing the new builds on a multiplayer server and is really there for the people that make pushes to the ComputerCraft Repository.
Want your mod on the server:
If you want your mod on the server, and you also want either nightly builds are other, then please send me a PM and we can discuss to make sure if you do ask for a mod it is not bugged.
Bugs:
If you find any bugs with ComputerCraft please create an issue on the ComputerCraft repository, or you can hop onto the IRC Channel and speak to SquidDev (if he is online).
Edited by Bomb Bloke, 19 April 2018 - 09:24 AM.

Dahknee's Photo Dahknee 02 Jun 2017

I have also seen quite a few connection attempts, please try and use a clean install as me and Wojbie are able to get on it fine, and make sure you install the two files (linked in the sidebar here: https://kaos-network...ervers/airwaves)

ebernerd's Photo ebernerd 03 Jun 2017

I will definitely join this server once I return to my main computer. Running Minecraft at 7fps on an old laptop is not ideal.

Dahknee's Photo Dahknee 03 Jun 2017

View PostCompuTech, on 03 June 2017 - 03:52 AM, said:

I will definitely join this server once I return to my main computer. Running Minecraft at 7fps on an old laptop is not ideal.

Haha okay, tell me what you think or if we should add any other mods! :)

Wojbie's Photo Wojbie 03 Jun 2017

It seems we are having computers not starting up bug on server. After all players logged off server computers don't turn back on automaticly after someone rejoins. That freaking bug followed CC from the beginings.
SMP only in this case.

EDIT: And freaking turtles forgetting theyr peripherals shows its head too due same reasons. Darn.
Edited by Wojbie, 03 June 2017 - 03:37 PM.

Dahknee's Photo Dahknee 03 Jun 2017

View PostWojbie, on 03 June 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

It seems we are having computers not starting up bug on server. After all players logged off server computers don't turn back on automaticly after someone rejoins. That freaking bug followed CC from the beginings.
SMP only in this case.

EDIT: And freaking turtles forgetting theyr peripherals shows its head too due same reasons. Darn.

Create the issues in the repository then haha

Bomb Bloke's Photo Bomb Bloke 03 Jun 2017

View PostWojbie, on 03 June 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

SMP only in this case.

Er, you're not just saying that because I shut down my computer before logging off, are you?

Assuming it's affecting everything, then a Command Computer configured at spawn with a script along these lines may prove enlightening:

while true do commands.say("asdf") end

My basic theory is that the bug does allow computers to turn on (and hence a system at the chunk-loaded spawn should start as soon as the server does), but at some point shortly after server load the Lua VM crashes, taking out all active CC systems with it. This script should trigger a series of writes to the server log, indicating whether a computer at least gets a chance to start, and if it does, how long it gets to remain active for.

Haven't been able to test it as much as I'd like as I unbugged my own local server. Somehow. Even restoring backups didn't fix it so I'm thinking "race condition".

Read on from here for more on the subject.

Edit:

Seems things also bomb out when computers are affected by regular chunk unloads; I warped to the nether and back to see dead computers. Not sure if any computers at the chunk-loaded spawn were affected?
Edited by Bomb Bloke, 04 June 2017 - 09:19 AM.

Lupus590's Photo Lupus590 04 Jun 2017

I found a mod which might make client updates less of a pain: https://minecraft.cu...ects/serversync

Dahknee's Photo Dahknee 04 Jun 2017

View PostLupus590, on 04 June 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

I found a mod which might make client updates less of a pain: https://minecraft.cu...ects/serversync

Ahh nice, that looks pretty useful actually! Will take a look; thanks!

Twijn's Photo Twijn 14 Jun 2017

Sweet server!

Been playing for a few hours or so now.

Though, the item "Wireless" on the supply dispenser screen is an ender modem, as well as "Ender" is. Guess I'll just have to hunt down some endermen. :/
Edited by Twijn, 14 June 2017 - 09:54 PM.

Bomb Bloke's Photo Bomb Bloke 14 Jun 2017

Beats me what you'd want regular modems for, but if you can hunt down the Nether portal near spawn (in the wooden fort), you shouldn't have much trouble popping into the End from there.

Wojbie's Photo Wojbie 16 Jun 2017

View PostTwijn, on 14 June 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

Though, the item "Wireless" on the supply dispenser screen is an ender modem, as well as "Ender" is. Guess I'll just have to hunt down some endermen. :/

Fixed that. Small typo on my part when defining the shop. Tx for reporting.

Twijn's Photo Twijn 18 Jun 2017

View PostBomb Bloke, on 14 June 2017 - 11:21 PM, said:

Beats me what you'd want regular modems for, but if you can hunt down the Nether portal near spawn (in the wooden fort), you shouldn't have much trouble popping into the End from there.
Was, as you know, because the ender modems wouldn't work with turtles - though that as you pointed out it was just because of the messed up ID from the typo.

View PostWojbie, on 16 June 2017 - 06:04 PM, said:

View PostTwijn, on 14 June 2017 - 09:00 PM, said:

Fixed that. Small typo on my part when defining the shop. Tx for reporting.
Np. :) Though as Bomb Bloke said, they don't really have that much of a purpose, with Ender modems.

Wojbie's Photo Wojbie 18 Jun 2017

View PostTwijn, on 18 June 2017 - 02:18 AM, said:

Was, as you know, because the ender modems wouldn't work with turtles - though that as you pointed out it was just because of the messed up ID from the typo.
But ender modems do work on turtles...? Wat?

Bomb Bloke's Photo Bomb Bloke 18 Jun 2017

The modems previously produced by the "wireless" button looked like Ender modems, but turtles didn't recognise them as such. For a time Twijn believed this meant turtles couldn't use Ender modems at all. I corrected him on the matter through server chat.

Reinified's Photo Reinified 18 Jun 2017

Kewl server. Be sure to join y'all.

Dahknee's Photo Dahknee 18 Jun 2017

View PostReinified, on 18 June 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

Kewl server. Be sure to join y'all.
Sounds good! :D

Dahknee's Photo Dahknee 19 Jun 2017

It's pretty cool to see some of the stuff that has been built on the server, although.. who is to blame for the pixel art... -_-

Bomb Bloke's Photo Bomb Bloke 20 Jun 2017

*whistles innocently*

Dahknee's Photo Dahknee 20 Jun 2017

View PostBomb Bloke, on 20 June 2017 - 12:25 AM, said:

*whistles innocently*

Of course ;). Did you see the sign I put in your home? like downstairs..? (Yes. I was being curious and looking at what people have made).