←  Ask a Pro

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

data dumper API / program

qwerty's Photo qwerty 18 Jul 2017

So I started working on a dtdmp (data dump) program and I've tried for what seems to be 4 - 5 hours trying to figure it out and yes I did follow the rules of thumb: check the api list, look for similar and resolved issues on the forum, check if anyone has done such a thing!
why I need this is for a turtle to communicate with a computer via a disk drive to instantly give instructions to each other.
I've tried the fs api. the copy program, and I can't come up with a solution to blacklist things to copy to the drive.
With regards
- Qwerty -

Bomb Bloke's Photo Bomb Bloke 18 Jul 2017

local blacklist = {["someFileName"] = true, ["someOtherFileName"] = true, ["yetAnotherFileName"] = true}

if not blacklist[varWithNameOfFileYouWantToCopy] then
	-- copy file
end

If you're still having trouble, elaborate on the part where you're getting stuck - what code have you tried, and how did the result differ from what you wanted?

sorry if I haven't described my exquisite desires to copy every single item on the computer exept disk/ and rom/, in the mean time, thank you for your loyal devotion to this quite intriguing and amazing community!
with regards
- Qwerty -

If you only want to blacklist files that "aren't on the computer's own drive", then you just need to check that fs.getDrive(path) == "hdd".

but then how do I blacklist the rom folder? thanks tho for the drive check!

"rom" is considered a drive of its own.

well thank you kind sir!