• Player movement with space, a and d like in Terraria

• A buffer to decrease flickering
  • Items!
  • Blocks!
  • break blocks by clicking on them.
  • Inventorys and slots

• camera locks player
  • Shaders and daylight, so it will get night and day
Thats it, for now. But updates will come, and items, monsters and quests will be added. I am planning modding support, so you can implement your items in the game! And Users can play with the mods they want. Enjoy!

Pastebin versions

My next Todo:
  • add item entitys where you broke blocks
  • collect these items into an inventory

There is a lot to do, and i will use Github for it: https://github.com/Jummit/TerrariCCa
Hopefully re-logic don't see this...
Edited by Jummit, 14 September 2017 - 07:20 AM.

Jummit's Photo Jummit 14 Sep 2017

So, this projekt is now dead. If anybody wants me to do some work on it, i will look into the code and see what i can do.

Jummit's Photo Jummit 21 Oct 2017

Aaaand here we are! I have rewriten ALL the code, its now super fast, super lightweight and best of all: mods are easy to write! But since nobody said anything about the post above, this version of the game will not be any better. There is no shading, no biomes and no caves :( . But this will all come soon! Also, i updated the github repo to the new version, but i don't have an installer jet.
Posted Image
Edited by Jummit, 21 October 2017 - 08:00 AM.

Jummit's Photo Jummit 27 Oct 2017

This is the new and better version of TerrariCCa!
It is the fifth rewrite of terrariCCa, and it has some very good things that the other didn't had;
  • modding support (accutaly works ^_^)
  • working Inventory
  • layers
  • save maps
  • using blocks and tools works
  • playable fps
  • background
  • cooper!
Here is a screenshot:
Posted Image
Still no downloader... :mellow:
Man, I have to do this NOW!
But here is the github!
Edited by Jummit, 27 October 2017 - 08:36 PM.

Bomb Bloke's Photo Bomb Bloke 28 Oct 2017

Threads merged, please stick to the one for the one project.

Dave-ee Jones's Photo Dave-ee Jones 30 Oct 2017

It does actually look really good. The inventory looks clean, unfortunately (with the limited pixels) it's hard to distinguish between environment and inventory but the way you did it isn't too bad, it works. If possible, you could use the new colour palette and use colours that the rest of the game won't use.

I do like the modding support. I try and make my code easy for people to manipulate, look at or even code mod support to reference outside scripts and things that users use, so it's good to see that.

From what I can see the random world generation works well, so good job there. Not easy making those. Is there a seed, by any chance?

Jummit's Photo Jummit 01 Nov 2017

View PostDave-ee Jones, on 30 October 2017 - 03:18 AM, said:

It does actually look really good. The inventory looks clean, unfortunately (with the limited pixels) it's hard to distinguish between environment and inventory but the way you did it isn't too bad, it works. If possible, you could use the new colour palette and use colours that the rest of the game won't use.

I do like the modding support. I try and make my code easy for people to manipulate, look at or even code mod support to reference outside scripts and things that users use, so it's good to see that.
Thanks! I really appreciate that!

View PostDave-ee Jones, on 30 October 2017 - 03:18 AM, said:

From what I can see the random world generation works well, so good job there. Not easy making those. Is there a seed, by any chance?
Seeds? No. But i you can change simply anything in the world generation. Chances, blocks, scales... it was not easy to find a version that works and was not too full of trees or had too high hills.

I have another project now, but i think i could do some work and add biomes, water and combat somewhere in future.
Edited by Jummit, 23 November 2017 - 07:44 PM.

Xella's Photo Xella 04 Feb 2018

Wow this looks really well made!

I have a few suggestions: :)
- use the small pixelly characters to make a small border around each square for the inventory so it is better to distinguish from the rest of the world.
- use noise generation functions for world generation. I'm actually working on this and it's working pretty well already. I might be able to send you the code sometime. :D
- edit your original post for updates, because I feel like not a lot of people scroll down. (You can also put a screenshot at the top)

Anyway, good job! I'd love to see more! :)