←  General

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

CCJam 2017 is here!

Dave-ee Jones's Photo Dave-ee Jones 21 Aug 2017

Had a quick look through everyone's entries - I think my favourite has to be Ramuthra's Plane. Looks clean, tidy and a bit more interactive than some other games. My only wish with it is it was a bit more intuitive in terms of installation..(needs an installer, bud).
EDIT: Also found that RMPlane doesn't like it if you have another window/coroutine running..DISH makes it pause if I open the menu over it.
Edited by Dave-ee Jones, 21 August 2017 - 05:25 AM.

Saldor010's Photo Saldor010 21 Aug 2017

Dave-ee Jones, on 21 August 2017 - 05:21 AM, said:

Had a quick look through everyone's entries - I think my favourite has to be Ramuthra's Plane. Looks clean, tidy and a bit more interactive than some other games. My only wish with it is it was a bit more intuitive in terms of installation..(needs an installer, bud).
EDIT: Also found that RMPlane doesn't like it if you have another window/coroutine running..DISH makes it pause if I open the menu over it.

Yeah, I really didn't think about making an installer for it (not sure why). That'll definitely be the first thing on my list to do after CCJam is over.

And yeah, I also didn't consider the fact that someone might be running it on a multitasking OS. I have a suspicion that it might be a problem with cobalt itself that's causing the problem.

Either way, I'm glad you liked it! :lol:

nitrogenfingers's Photo nitrogenfingers 22 Aug 2017

CrazedProgrammer, on 19 August 2017 - 10:39 PM, said:

I wasn't able to get this one to work- package on line 1000 was nil, so I'm guessing I'm missing a dependency. Could you provide a bit more instruction?

Saldor010's Photo Saldor010 22 Aug 2017

Any estimate to when we will hear back on the results?

Bomb Bloke's Photo Bomb Bloke 22 Aug 2017

nitrogenfingers, on 22 August 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

I wasn't able to get this one to work- package on line 1000 was nil, so I'm guessing I'm missing a dependency. Could you provide a bit more instruction?

Are you using one of the CC 1.80 development releases? I'm guessing stable won't cut it.

Dave-ee Jones's Photo Dave-ee Jones 23 Aug 2017

Bomb Bloke, on 22 August 2017 - 11:41 PM, said:

Are you using one of the CC 1.80 development releases? I'm guessing stable won't cut it.

He said he was using Urn..not sure if that means anything:

CrazedProgrammer, on 06 August 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

I'm in! :D
Repo: https://github.com/C...mmer/CCJam-2017
I'll also make it in Urn of course :)

Edited by Dave-ee Jones, 23 August 2017 - 03:01 AM.

apemanzilla's Photo apemanzilla 23 Aug 2017

Dave-ee Jones, on 23 August 2017 - 03:00 AM, said:

Bomb Bloke, on 22 August 2017 - 11:41 PM, said:

He said he was using Urn..not sure if that means anything:

CrazedProgrammer, on 06 August 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

I'm in! :D
Repo: https://github.com/C...mmer/CCJam-2017
I'll also make it in Urn of course :)

Urn is a language that compiles to Lua, it doesn't matter as long as you use the correct download link.

The package library is a feature only available in the latest CC source code, so you'll have to use one of the snapshot builds from here to get it working.

You can also use a CCEmuX snapshot if you prefer an emulator to in-game.
Edited by apemanzilla, 23 August 2017 - 02:22 PM.

CrazedProgrammer's Photo CrazedProgrammer 23 Aug 2017

Sorry for not replying sooner. Like apemanzilla said, it only works on the nightly 1.80 builds.
The README provides a precompiled download, so you don't have to build it.

oeed's Photo oeed 27 Aug 2017

Sorry I haven't given any feedback yet, I've been flat out with assignments and tests the past week and start of this week, I'll hopefully get something up in a few days.

Xella's Photo Xella 30 Aug 2017

I couldn't join because I've been busy with life and school 'n stuff. When's the CCJam next year?

Dave-ee Jones's Photo Dave-ee Jones 31 Aug 2017

The only thing missing is a self-executable file, rather than having to launch LOVE and then going to the directory and then calling the file...It's a bit much when I can literally click on the singular-file-compiled CCEmuRedux :P

Lupus590's Photo Lupus590 31 Aug 2017

Xelostar, on 30 August 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

When's the CCJam next year?

From memory, all of the previous ones have been summer time (aiming for when school holidays typically are), presumably next year will be a simular date.

I can't give an exact date as different people organise it each year (I think). You may want to try a google search pointing it to the site.

Maybe I should create an index thread of CCJam stuff...
Edited by Lupus590, 31 August 2017 - 01:31 PM.

Xella's Photo Xella 31 Aug 2017

Lupus590, on 31 August 2017 - 01:30 PM, said:

Xelostar, on 30 August 2017 - 05:18 PM, said:

When's the CCJam next year?

From memory, all of the previous ones have been summer time (aiming for when school holidays typically are), presumably next year will be a simular date.

I can't give an exact date as different people organise it each year (I think). You may want to try a google search pointing it to the site.

Maybe I should create an index thread of CCJam stuff...

Okay, thanks! I'll be here next year. :)

nitrogenfingers's Photo nitrogenfingers 03 Sep 2017

I haven't heard anything about this since last week so I'm just going to put my scores up. I haven't done CrazedProgrammers yet as I've been travelling a lot and am about to do so again so will have to defer to the other judges there (apologies).

Scores are below. I thought they were all really impressive, this was a cool jam so nice work everyone :)

Ratchet2497
Spoiler

Wilma456
Spoiler

Saldor010
Spoiler

supernicejohn
Spoiler

Saldor010's Photo Saldor010 03 Sep 2017

nitrogenfingers, on 03 September 2017 - 02:12 AM, said:

-snipped, but quouting the part where he talks about me-

Thank you nitro, this means a lot coming from you! :lol:

supernicejohn's Photo supernicejohn 03 Sep 2017

nitrogenfingers, on 03 September 2017 - 02:12 AM, said:

Why is there no quit option though?

New signature :)

RatcheT2497's Photo RatcheT2497 04 Sep 2017

Really glad you liked my attempt at an arcade conversion, Nitro!
The jam was really fun, hopefully next time I won't mismanage my time and I'll be able to actually submit something proper :P

Saldor010's Photo Saldor010 23 Sep 2017

oeed, on 27 August 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

I'll hopefully get something up in a few days.

It's been just a bit more than a few days. Any word yet?

Saldor010's Photo Saldor010 08 Oct 2017

Still waiting..

Dave-ee Jones's Photo Dave-ee Jones 08 Oct 2017

Months of tests and assignments pass by, haha.

It's okay, if he's busy he's busy. I'm sure an emulator-based programming competition is second to school/UNI/work.