←  Games

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Ramuthra's Plane

Saldor010's Photo Saldor010 18 Aug 2017

For the intro story, click the spoiler below:
Spoiler

Ramuthra's Plane
So this started out as my CCJam2017 submission, but two years later, I have come back to finish what I started. This began as an RPG game but it has morphed into a puzzle/adventure game. Something I want to lay out real quick, there are only two levels complete at the moment (at the time of writing, there may be more now), once you finish them the only thing you can do is go back to the main menu, unless you really want to replay them for some reason. This game was made in cobalt version 1.1_0 for ComputerCraft 1.79 and Minecraft 1.8.9.

Instructions:
To start the game, run rmplane.lua
Use the arrow keys or WASD to walk.
Use the left mouse button to pick up objects (like rocks and keys), use the left mouse button again on a tile to drop it.
Use the right mouse button to inspect an object or tile.

Cheats:
I use these for debugging, but I don't care if any of you guys want to use them, either to skip a puzzle or a level or something.
Press Q to turn on noclip
Press Z to unlock all of the levels

Screenshots:
https://imgur.com/a/0LYFNeV

Download:
For the up to date version of Ramuthra's Plane, you can get the instructions here to download everything from the GitHub repository, or you can just type in the following command:

pastebin run AnAVtXCy

For the CCJam2017 version, you can clone the GitHub repository which will get you everything you need to run the game.

Mapmaker:
Ramuthra's Plane has a built-in mapmaker that you can access by running rmplane.lua with the additional argument (where path/to/map is relative from the /maps folder inside your game directory):

rmplane.lua path/to/map.rpmap

The mapmaker isn't very user friendly is way more user friendly than before, but it's in a good enough state that I was able to make the entire level using it. There are tables that contain the tile and entity ID's in objectmanager.lua that you can use.

If you want to get into map making for Ramuthra's Plane, I have recently written a tutorial on it! Click here to read more.
If your map is good enough, I may consider adding it to some kind of community level pack that's automatically bundled with the game, so don't hesitate to send me your .rpmap files!
Edited by Saldor010, 06 June 2019 - 02:44 AM.

Jummit's Photo Jummit 01 Sep 2017

I like the ui, the mechanics and the possibilities you have with this thing. The map editor could use some documenation/ui improvements.
Here is an idea: Create new blocks with texture, entity/tile variable, descriptions and title, functions like pull(), use(), looked_at() and more to create an own look and new mechanics.

nitrogenfingers's Photo nitrogenfingers 03 Sep 2017

I thought this was really cool. It actually inspired me a bit to go back and look at some of my old stuff.

Hope you can release more content, it looks like there's a cool game here :)

Jummit's Photo Jummit 04 Sep 2017

Jummit, on 01 September 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

The map editor could use some documenation/ui improvements.
Did i overshoot with the critic? It wasn't meant to be negative... :(

Jummit, on 01 September 2017 - 07:23 AM, said:

Here is an idea: Create new blocks with texture, entity/tile variable, descriptions and title, functions like pull(), use(), looked_at() and more to create an own look and new mechanics.
I could call it modding.
Edited by Jummit, 04 September 2017 - 11:45 AM.

Saldor010's Photo Saldor010 04 Sep 2017

Jummit, on 04 September 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

I could call it modding.

?

I didn't think your response was negative. I thought it was very good constructive criticism, I just haven't had the time to work on it.

Jummit's Photo Jummit 04 Sep 2017

Saldor010, on 04 September 2017 - 03:20 PM, said:

Jummit, on 04 September 2017 - 11:42 AM, said:

I could call it modding.

?

I didn't think your response was negative. I thought it was very good constructive criticism, I just haven't had the time to work on it.
Thats me in social media… :lol:

Saldor010's Photo Saldor010 27 Apr 2019

Ayyyy I'm back! Ramuthra's Plane got a huge update. To see the full changelog, you can go to the following link:

https://github.com/S...63af231f42ed4c6

More updates to follow maybe. Lemme know what you guys think.

Saldor010's Photo Saldor010 28 Apr 2019

Ayyy version 0.2 has arrived! A bunch of stuff was added, but the biggest addition was a new level (level 1-2). New screenshots showing off the latest level are below if you adhere to the no pics no clicks philosophy. More updates to come!

https://imgur.com/a/Fz6UyEV

If you already have Ramuthra's Plane downloaded, you'll need to re-download it. I'll add an auto-updater at some point.

Saldor010's Photo Saldor010 05 Jun 2019

Version 0.3 has been released! It's a big mapmaker update, so if you're into that kinda stuff, this update is for you! I plan on releasing level 1-3 in the next update. New screenshot below showing off the mapmaker in its current state!

https://imgur.com/a/GgVOOXH

Just like the last update, if you already had Ramuthra's Plane installed, you'll need to re-install it.

EveryOS's Photo EveryOS 06 Jun 2019

I think that I somehow glitched out of bounds
Posted Image

EDIT: Or somebody just needs to make the cheats harder to accidentally access
Edited by EveryOS, 06 June 2019 - 08:44 PM.

Saldor010's Photo Saldor010 06 Jun 2019

View PostEveryOS, on 06 June 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

I think that I somehow glitched out of bounds

[snipped image]

EDIT: Or somebody just needs to make the cheats harder to accidentally access

Oof. Aside from that, how are you enjoying the game so far?

EveryOS's Photo EveryOS 07 Jun 2019

Good game. I completed both levels. Am looking forward to more levels.
[ENTER] is another button I would accidentally press, cheats should probably only work if CTRL is pressed

Level editor could probably be revamped
But it is a good and fun game

On the story there are two edits I would advise calculating the word wrap before you display, otherwise a character appears one place for a moment and then magically teleports to the next line.

Player speed should be limited so you can hold movement button and walk at a constant pace.
Edited by EveryOS, 08 June 2019 - 12:09 AM.

Saldor010's Photo Saldor010 08 Jun 2019

View PostEveryOS, on 07 June 2019 - 11:56 PM, said:

-snip-

Thank you for the feedback! I'll keep it in mind as I start work on the next update :)

EveryOS's Photo EveryOS 08 Jun 2019

For the Level Editor, a drop-down of available tiles would be neat, rather than memorizing IDs.

Luca_S's Photo Luca_S 09 Jun 2019

Are you aware that you can softlock yourself in level 2?

Posted Image

Saldor010's Photo Saldor010 09 Jun 2019

EveryOS, on 08 June 2019 - 07:48 PM, said:

For the Level Editor, a drop-down of available tiles would be neat, rather than memorizing IDs.

I will definitely be improving the level editor in the future. In the mean time, I have started a catalog of IDs here that aspiring map makers can use as a reference instead of having to look into the code, although I understand this isn't a perfect solution.

Luca_S, on 09 June 2019 - 07:32 AM, said:

Are you aware that you can softlock yourself in level 2?
-snip-

I wasn't aware of that. I'll probably roll out a fix to level 2 in the next update.

I'm glad to see that people are taking notice of this game! Gonna be honest, I thought computercraft was dead, I'm happy to see that it's still kicking :)