←  Forum Games

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Invalidate

EveryOS's Photo EveryOS 16 Mar 2018

SO I had an idea for a game. Probably not too overly good, but I'll try it out.
So basically, you post a word problem involving math. It can involve solving for a variable, physics, converting from one base to another (no base 1 though), or a combination of these. However, it must be in a code block and can only be up to 6 3 lines
The next user posts both the answer and a new problem.
In most cases, any user after the first two users can choose to post the word "Invalidate" instead of the answer, but they must still post a new question.
When a user is invalidated, they can still participate in the game, but they cannot get points.
The word "Invalidate" can also be used if the previous person incorrectly posted invalidate, however, the user that the previous person had invalidated still cannot play the game.
The exception to this is when the word "Invalidate" has been posted three times in a row.

A person gets points for solving a problem and not getting invalidated, but they do not get a point for invalidating someone

The person should also post a scoreboard, but it should not include their own answer.
If they do not post a scoreboard, or a question is not in a code block or is not <= 3 lines, they can be invalidated. This is an exception to the rule about 3 invalidation in a row.

I also recommend putting answers in a code block
TODO: add examples

I will let whoever post the first question.

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 27 Mar 2018

Uh, what? Let's not.