←  General

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

Recommend me tech mods

Purple's Photo Purple 14 Oct 2020

I don't know if this is the right place to post this but like the section does say: Discuss Anything and Everything Relating to Anything and Everything. So here goes.

Long story short I am currently playing version 1.14.4 and having a blast with CC Tweaked. But I miss tech mods. Now, ordinarily my go to mod for this is Industrial Craft 2. But honestly that one has been going downhill ever since 1.7.2. And anyway I am mighty bored with it. You can only build so many atomic reactors until you've done it all. So I would like to ask you guys to give me suggestions for alternatives that might spice up my game. Ideally we are talking stuff that meshes well with CC for obvious reasons.

Other stuff I've tried and didn't like are:
- Buildcraft = This one just didn't jam with me. Like it's all there but it's all mostly meh. Plus Turtles are better than pipes.
- Immersive Engineering = This one looks amazing but it won't work with the stable forge version and switching to experimental breaks my other mods.

So like if anyone has any suggestions please do give them.

PS. I am open to magic mods that do techlike things.
Edited by Purple, 14 October 2020 - 12:42 PM.

LDDestroier's Photo LDDestroier 15 Oct 2020

Speaking of magic mods that do techlike things, PSI is a favorite of mine. You can program spells and load them onto spell guns and special armor. Some of the "tricks" manipulate the velocity of players and entities, so you can make a spell that can boost you while using an elytra, for instance. Good fun.

Purple's Photo Purple 15 Oct 2020

I'll definitively check it out. But I still need something that will let me create insane factory complexes and stuff.

Lupus590's Photo Lupus590 15 Oct 2020

You said that your goto is IC2, so you might like Tech Reborn. Personally I would just go to curse forge and filter by MC version and look through the list of mods presented.

Purple's Photo Purple 15 Oct 2020

I did that. But like I can't really tell which are good and which are gregtech style grind mods. So I am looking for experienced advice from you guys who presumably know what goes well with CC.
Will definitively check out Tech Reborn right now.

bestazy's Photo bestazy 04 Jan 2021

My favorite tech mod would have to be Ender IO right now and Mekanism in a very close second. These two mods don't have a big overlap aside from the crusher/smelter and the conduits from Ender IO with its addons for gas conduits make these two a very nice combination

Edited by bestazy, 04 January 2021 - 10:26 PM.