←  Ask a Pro

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

copy and paste multiplayer

bendude8's Photo bendude8 10 Aug 2012

looked for ages cant find a working way you always say ctrl then ctrl v but it dosent work your begin idots who dont even test if it works or not when i ever i paste i get 1 word and that it im very displeased

Cranium's Photo Cranium 10 Aug 2012

Your lack of grammar displeases me. Please repost your question in proper English before you get any help from me.

bendude8's Photo bendude8 10 Aug 2012

Ok i cant copy and paste and all been looking on this forum for 2 days nothing works and yes ctrl then ctrl -v does not work

Unfortunately CTRL+V does not work in-game. What you can do, is use the HTTP api to get from pastebin, as long as it's enabled by your server host. If not, you could kindly ask them to install the program into a floppy for you, and give it to you. If you are the host of your server, just look into the computercraft folder in your world file, find the computer you use, and paste the program code into a new program there.

Teraminer's Photo Teraminer 10 Aug 2012

I wish there was an -1 button...

View PostTeraminer, on 10 August 2012 - 09:19 PM, said:

For what?

Cloudy's Photo Cloudy 10 Aug 2012

CTRL + V DOES work in the game. What you need to do is press CTRL so the save/exit menu appears then press CTRL + V.

CharlesBroughton's Photo CharlesBroughton 10 Aug 2012

Nono, the current paste system does not work well with multiple lines of text; it does not handle newlines very well or at all in my experience. What you can do however is type this nice little command in the computer if it is enabled on your server:

pastebin get <id> <filename>
to doiwnload the code from a pastebin.com post.

Teraminer's Photo Teraminer 11 Aug 2012

View Postcraniumkid22, on 10 August 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

For what?
For his grammar.

Cloudy's Photo Cloudy 11 Aug 2012

View PostTeraminer, on 11 August 2012 - 08:39 AM, said:

View Postcraniumkid22, on 10 August 2012 - 09:21 PM, said:

For what?
For his grammar.

Not everyone's first language is English. Remember that.

And yes, copy and paste doesn't handle new lines. Sometime soon I want to handle transmissions from client to server.

maceelk's Photo maceelk 27 Aug 2012

Im lucky enough to have a logitech g15 keyboard that comes with a built in macro keypresser. I recommend you go download one, it will allow you to do what you ask. I set mine for about 50 ms latency and have a text buffer at the beginning of each code to make sure it all inputs right.