←  Operating Systems

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

LyqydOS Beta/Development

RunasSudo-AWOLindefinitely's Photo RunasSudo-AWOLindefinitely 22 Jan 2013

Hmm... I started an instance of "shell", resized it, maximized it, windowed it, and then tried to click the "_" button. That made it crash...

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 22 Jan 2013

Okay, the bugs reported by GravityScore and RunasSudo should now both be fixed. Run the installer program again to grab the latest version. Thanks for the reports!

sctjkc01's Photo sctjkc01 27 Jan 2013

I seem to be having troubles running a personal item-sorting-and-counting program under LyqydOS. It utilizes Redpower (item transport), Factorization (barrels, item storage) and Misc Peripherals (CC item detection).

The odd thing is, it runs in the shell without a problem. The issue arises when I'm trying to run it in a window of its own.

sorting.lua:
Spoiler

However, when I launch > sorting.lua in the LyqydOS Menu, it'll take one item stack, save it, and freeze the entire computer. It also freezes as soon as I try to resize the window.

I just don't know what's going on...

EDIT: Nevermind - seems I'm not allowed to be using os.pullEventRaw, am I? I switched to os.pullEvent("isort_item") and it's working just fine now...

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 27 Jan 2013

I will try to set up a test setup to check this out tomorrow. I'm not sure offhand what would be causing it. Definitely intriguing that it would be exhibiting such behavior, though.

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 30 Jan 2013

Replying to your edit (which I just saw), pullEvent vs. pullEventRaw should make no difference, and in my testing, it didn't, if I recall correctly. I have the nagging feeling that there is an underlying problem that needs to be taken care of, I'm just not entirely certain what it is. I've got a few ideas to try, though. I'll let you know if I find anything interesting.

anonimo182's Photo anonimo182 30 Jan 2013

Bug: When you minimize a window, if the cursor was blinking it will still blink after minimizing
When you resize the run box, it will read until its default limit, not to its resized version

The first is an interesting one. I'll see what I can do about that tonight. Should have a fix up for you in a couple hours.

The second one is likely to be fixed by disabling resizing the run box and other menu-type windows, whenever I get around to it. ;)

View Postanonimo182, on 30 January 2013 - 12:49 PM, said:

Bug: When you minimize a window, if the cursor was blinking it will still blink after minimizing
When you resize the run box, it will read until its default limit, not to its resized version

These are both fixed. Re-run the installer or manually re-download to receive the latest version. :)

NeptunasLT's Photo NeptunasLT 09 Feb 2013

Holy [Crap].

[This is a family-friendly forum. Let's keep the obscenities to a minimum. -L]
Edited by Lyqyd, 09 February 2013 - 11:04 AM.

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 11 Mar 2013

I expanded the window decoration functionality today to include text color and background color, so this sort of thing is possible now:

Spoiler

This change isn't ready for release, but I hope to push it out soon. :)

Divide_By_0's Photo Divide_By_0 11 Mar 2013

Looks awesome, mate.

Sora Firestorm's Photo Sora Firestorm 14 Mar 2013

Wow, I really like this, very well built...

Quick feature request. Could you make it so that left clicking on the "Lyqyd Menu" lists "commonly used" programs stored in..
I dunno, /LyqydOS/common-programs? And having right click do the current "run program" behavior? That would have me sold for sure.

And a question : Interface API? I'd love to write programs for LyqydOS.

Anyways, I like it, and I'll be sure to install it on my Adv. Terms. :)

~Sora

oeed's Photo oeed 14 Mar 2013

View PostLyqyd, on 11 March 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

I expanded the window decoration functionality today to include text color and background color, so this sort of thing is possible now:

Spoiler

Hmmmm :P

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 15 Mar 2013

View PostSora the Hedgehog, on 14 March 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

Wow, I really like this, very well built...

Quick feature request. Could you make it so that left clicking on the "Lyqyd Menu" lists "commonly used" programs stored in..
I dunno, /LyqydOS/common-programs? And having right click do the current "run program" behavior? That would have me sold for sure.

And a question : Interface API? I'd love to write programs for LyqydOS.

Anyways, I like it, and I'll be sure to install it on my Adv. Terms. :)

~Sora

Wow, thanks for the support! That's definitely an interesting feature request. I'm thinking it would be a menu that was automatically generated. It would start out with the shell and the Lua prompt, I think. And I think I'd have the bottom entry in the list open the run program dialog directly (so no need to cancel the menu and right-click if what you want isn't there). This is a definite possibility.

View Postoeed, on 14 March 2013 - 07:06 PM, said:

View PostLyqyd, on 11 March 2013 - 11:57 AM, said:

Spoiler

Hmmmm :P

Heh. This has been in the works for a while, though admittedly it was pushed up the priority list due to the relative success of more "graphical" OSs such as NDFJay's and kornichen's (and more recently, yours, I suppose). It seems prettiness is just as important among a bunch of coders as it is amongst the general public! ;)

GopherAtl's Photo GopherAtl 15 Mar 2013

worth noting that what's being added is color support, rather than a dependency on advanced computers. In survival mode, this is a notable benefit.

Gopher is correct. The additional functionality is adding customizable text and background colors to the window decorations. Window contents already fully support color. Backwards compatibility for use with non-advanced computers is a priority, so all features of this OS are designed to degrade as gracefully as possible.

NeptunasLT's Photo NeptunasLT 15 Mar 2013

This OS + Nice Desktop = Windows XP
Else
This OS + [Nothing] = Linux
Else
This OS + (Nice Desktop + Boot Logo + Colors + Apple) = Mac OS X

I'm a Mathematics Genius :P

Spongy141's Photo Spongy141 15 Mar 2013

Lol, nice OS, but how the hell do you have almost 300 fps!!! Dude do you got like 32 gbs of RAM?

View PostSpongy141, on 15 March 2013 - 04:48 PM, said:

Lol, nice OS, but how the hell do you have almost 300 fps!!! Dude do you got like 32 gbs of RAM?

No, only 16GB... for now. I have a couple of 9600GT cards in SLi, which helps, though they are starting to show their age.

Sora Firestorm's Photo Sora Firestorm 04 Apr 2013

Another question, since I think this is an interesting subject.

Does your scheduler support giving the processes a nice value?
I bet that would be a nice thing to have within the scheduler.

(For those who do not know what a nice value is, it is basically a representation of the willingness of the process to give up CPU time to other processes.)