←  Peripherals and Turtle Upgrades

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

[MC 1.7.10] Gopher's Peripherals V2.2....

Khalamov's Photo Khalamov 24 Dec 2012

Caught this line in my logs when I first used a biolock under MC1.4.6:

2012-12-23 15:18:11 [INFO] [STDOUT] Couldn't create directory "C:\Documents and Settings\Harlkyn\Application Data\MultiMC\instances\Ultimate 1.4.6\minecraft/saves/New World-/BioLocks"

Looks like it's trying to create a folder using \ and / both and Windows doesn't take kindly to folks that use / in their file paths :)

GopherAtl's Photo GopherAtl 24 Dec 2012

odd, what version of windows? I've developed and tested it entirely under windows 7 and never had this problem.

kaj's Photo kaj 24 Dec 2012

2012-12-24 10:34:08 [INFO] [STDOUT] Couldn't create directory "C:\Documents and Settings\me\Desktop\MUltiMC\instances\ffs146a\minecraft/saves/New Worldf/BioLocks"

I get this too ^
winxp, sp3

funny thing is.. I look @ said location and there is a /Biolocks folder there :P

Khalamov's Photo Khalamov 25 Dec 2012

View PostGopherAtl, on 24 December 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

odd, what version of windows? I've developed and tested it entirely under windows 7 and never had this problem.

I'm also using WinXP sp3

GopherAtl's Photo GopherAtl 25 Dec 2012

:facepalm: I just realised, I do get that error message in my logs, but it's largely meaningless; it prints if the call to mkdirs() fails, which it does if the directory already exists. It doesn't interrupt code flow, though, so it shouldn't be a critical error. I'll fix the logic to check for the directory already existing in the next version, so the error is not printed uselessly.

Is the BioLock actually not working, or did you see the error message and assume it wouldn't? If it's crashing, or not working, I'd expect there to be another error logged after that.

:edit: no time to apply the changes across all versions and package an update, but I've added checks for if the directory already exists, so it should print the error now only if it doesn't, or if a file exists with that name. I also went through and cleaned up the hard-coded "/" characters used in building paths, using File.separator and File.separatorChar instead; Windows is, in my experience, very tolerant of "/" instead of "\" in paths through it's high-level file routines, but it seems like a cleaner way to go, regardless.

Khalamov's Photo Khalamov 26 Dec 2012

View PostGopherAtl, on 25 December 2012 - 08:46 AM, said:

Is the BioLock actually not working, or did you see the error message and assume it wouldn't? If it's crashing, or not working, I'd expect there to be another error logged after that.

I pretty much report anything unusual I see in a log to the mod author, just in case I'm the only one seeing that error due to mod interactions.

GopherAtl's Photo GopherAtl 27 Dec 2012

Well, I'm glad you reported it either way! Just making sure the mod was working for you otherwise :)

jewelshisen's Photo jewelshisen 16 Jan 2013

I have hit an error with the biolock powering a door. I programed it to only provide power for ten ticks but the door never shuts. It is like the signal never gets turned off.

GopherAtl's Photo GopherAtl 16 Jan 2013

hrm. I'm not sure why this would be happening. Could you share the code you used to program it, and whichi minecraft version you're running under?

View PostGopherAtl, on 16 January 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

hrm. I'm not sure why this would be happening. Could you share the code you used to program it, and whichi minecraft version you're running under?

running MC 1.4.6 and CC 1.481

here is the Lua code I used to program the biolock
bio=peripheral.wrap("right")
bio.program("right", 3, 10)

seeing if I can reproduce it, give me a moment...

View PostGopherAtl, on 16 January 2013 - 06:52 PM, said:

seeing if I can reproduce it, give me a moment...

Just tested on a clean world with just this mod and CC and the glitch still happens so it is not mod interference.

hrm. Using just redstone dust it seems to be working for me. Can you do a screenshot of your build, or just describe the arrangement?

:edit: Doh! tried experimenting with things other than dust and confirmed, wooden doors, iron doors, and trapdoors all stay open. Will look into why this is happening...

View PostGopherAtl, on 16 January 2013 - 07:00 PM, said:

hrm. Using just redstone dust it seems to be working for me. Can you do a screenshot of your build, or just describe the arrangement?

I have the biolock right next to the top half of the iron door. I'm using it as a lock out for security room.

yeah, I managed to repro the issue, thanks for reporting it. Only happens with doors and trapdoors, not with pistons or redstone dust. Very strange. Will upload a fix as soon as I find one!

View PostGopherAtl, on 16 January 2013 - 07:14 PM, said:

yeah, I managed to repro the issue, thanks for reporting it. Only happens with doors and trapdoors, not with pistons or redstone dust. Very strange. Will upload a fix as soon as I find one!

Thanks! I had just checked to see if it was some kind of wacky interference between your mod and the twenty some odd other mods i have going but even just running CC and Biolock the problem still happens. Love the mod though! Super awesome idea behind it!

Fixed! version 1.0.8b is now available in the first post. Due to stupidity (not copying code to bring back to atlanta, was out of town when I did 1.0.7) I had to re-port the whole mod to minecraft 1.4.6/7, otherwise I would've been done significantly sooner!

immibis's Photo immibis 17 Jan 2013

View PostGopherAtl, on 16 January 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

Fixed! version 1.0.8b is now available in the first post. Due to stupidity (not copying code to bring back to atlanta, was out of town when I did 1.0.7) I had to re-port the whole mod to minecraft 1.4.6/7, otherwise I would've been done significantly sooner!

At least you didn't spend a few days - counting only time spent working on the project - porting something to 1.4.6 only to discover you'd accidentally re-ported it to 1.4.5.

jewelshisen's Photo jewelshisen 17 Jan 2013

View PostGopherAtl, on 16 January 2013 - 10:03 PM, said:

Yay! BTW do you need a bug tester?

jewelshisen's Photo jewelshisen 17 Jan 2013

Found something. The Biolock doesn't keep prints and programs after you leave the world. Every time I load my world I have to have it relearn my print and reprogram it's behavior. Is there any way to make the programs and prints persistent?