←  Operating Systems

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

KreOS 3.01 Skylark - Old traditions newly...

GravityScore's Photo GravityScore 09 Jan 2013

Hey kornichen!

I got bored today programming anything in Lua, so I thought I'd improve my HTML and CSS skills by writing you a website for KREOS! :P

I'll host it all for you. You can visit it at kreos.site88.net!

Hope you like it. PM me with anything you want changed, or if you want FTP access to the files. It'd be great if you could include it in the OP post, etc...

Thanks,
- GravityScore
Quote

theoriginalbit's Photo theoriginalbit 09 Jan 2013

haha wow you did get bored :P

EDIT: Me when I get bored - I offer to help him with fixing his bugs................................................
Quote

zacpier's Photo zacpier 09 Jan 2013

 GravityScore, on 09 January 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

Hey kornichen!

I got bored today programming anything in Lua, so I thought I'd improve my HTML and CSS skills by writing you a website for KREOS! :P

I'll host it all for you. You can visit it at kreos.site88.net!

Hope you like it. PM me with anything you want changed, or if you want FTP access to the files. It'd be great if you could include it in the OP post, etc...

Thanks,
- GravityScore

That is one amazing 404 page!

(Could you rehost it? I'd like to see it D:)

Edit: wow firefox decided that amazing should be amassing :/
Quote

GravityScore's Photo GravityScore 09 Jan 2013

 zacpier, on 09 January 2013 - 01:46 PM, said:

 GravityScore, on 09 January 2013 - 07:51 AM, said:

Hey kornichen!

I got bored today programming anything in Lua, so I thought I'd improve my HTML and CSS skills by writing you a website for KREOS! :P

I'll host it all for you. You can visit it at kreos.site88.net!

Hope you like it. PM me with anything you want changed, or if you want FTP access to the files. It'd be great if you could include it in the OP post, etc...

Thanks,
- GravityScore

That is one amazing 404 page!

(Could you rehost it? I'd like to see it D:)

Edit: wow firefox decided that amazing should be amassing :/

Yes, I sorta violated the terms of service on 000webhost somehow.... Not sure how....

I'm in the process of finding a new web host which isn't so restrictive.
Quote

GravityScore's Photo GravityScore 10 Jan 2013

Ok. I couldn't be bothered using a new host - I tried a few and they were all pretty crap. FTP not working, not letting me upload files, saying I had reached the disk space limit (which was 10gb). I've stuck with 000webhost.

New site can be found at: kreos.host56.com
Quote

kornichen's Photo kornichen 10 Jan 2013

I you want I will host it on my webserver!!
Quote

BustedEarLobes's Photo BustedEarLobes 10 Jan 2013

 GravityScore, on 10 January 2013 - 04:30 AM, said:

Ok. I couldn't be bothered using a new host - I tried a few and they were all pretty crap. FTP not working, not letting me upload files, saying I had reached the disk space limit (which was 10gb). I've stuck with 000webhost.

New site can be found at: kreos.host56.com

Haha, your CSS is small. But the site looks good
Quote

theoriginalbit's Photo theoriginalbit 10 Jan 2013

 BustedEarLobes, on 10 January 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

 GravityScore, on 10 January 2013 - 04:30 AM, said:

Ok. I couldn't be bothered using a new host - I tried a few and they were all pretty crap. FTP not working, not letting me upload files, saying I had reached the disk space limit (which was 10gb). I've stuck with 000webhost.

New site can be found at: kreos.host56.com

Haha, your CSS is small. But the site looks good

Where does it say that CSS has to be large? I've made many a site with little CSS and no HTML styles and it still looks good. And alternatively i've made a website that its css was ~1000 lines.
Quote

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 10 Jan 2013

I'm curious as to what makes this OS particularly innovative.
Quote

kornichen's Photo kornichen 10 Jan 2013

 Lyqyd, on 10 January 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

I'm curious as to what makes this OS particularly innovative.

I have took this slogan because I have not found any other OS with all features that this OS have:

Mouse File Browser
TACO Text Editor
NPaintPro
Firewolf
Screensaver
Calculator (design changed for KREOS)
Advanced Help Program
SmartPaste
Games
Pong
MineCeption
Accounts
Multiuser Support
Graphical User Interface with full mouse support
Changeble colors
Add your own desktop icons
Quote

darkroom's Photo darkroom 11 Jan 2013

I don't really feel that others programs in your OS makes yours innovative its pretty much a shell.run with some fancy UI nothing.... Innovative
Quote

kornichen's Photo kornichen 11 Jan 2013

If you found a bug post it here, please:

https://github.com/k...en/KREOS/issues
Quote

Imm0rta1's Photo Imm0rta1 11 Jan 2013

 kornichen, on 09 January 2013 - 02:02 AM, said:



...but the app store is comming with multitasking in 2.0!!!

Really look forward to seeing this.

KreOS is my unrivalled favourite OS for ComputerCraft, and I'll use it for as long as it's developed. 10/10

On another note, it's actually more secure than a lot of the advertised "protected" OS's. Good job!
Quote

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 11 Jan 2013

 kornichen, on 10 January 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

 Lyqyd, on 10 January 2013 - 05:56 PM, said:

I'm curious as to what makes this OS particularly innovative.

I have took this slogan because I have not found any other OS with all features that this OS have:

Mouse File Browser
TACO Text Editor
NPaintPro
Firewolf
Screensaver
Calculator (design changed for KREOS)
Advanced Help Program
SmartPaste
Games
Pong
MineCeption
Accounts
Multiuser Support
Graphical User Interface with full mouse support
Changeble colors
Add your own desktop icons

Sooo... Nothing genuinely innovative? ;) Without add-on programs, just things that are part of the OS itself:

Screensaver
SmartPaste
Accounts
Multiuser Support
Graphical User Interface with full mouse support
Changeble colors
Add your own desktop icons

And remove all the stuff that's been done before, or is already in other OSs (that I've seen):

SmartPaste

All I'm trying to say is that adding a bunch of features that already exist elsewhere doesn't make it an innovative OS. An innovate OS would need genuinely new concepts, stuff that hadn't been done before. Having lots of features makes it feature-filled, or feature-rich. I suppose it would be reasonable to claim that it "may be the most feature-rich OS on the forums!", but it doesn't really qualify for innovative. Basically, I just disagree with your word choice. :)
Quote

theoriginalbit's Photo theoriginalbit 11 Jan 2013

 Imm0rta1, on 11 January 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

On another note, it's actually more secure than a lot of the advertised "protected" OS's. Good job!

You can thank me for that one ;)
Quote

BustedEarLobes's Photo BustedEarLobes 11 Jan 2013

 TheOriginalBIT, on 10 January 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

 BustedEarLobes, on 10 January 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

 GravityScore, on 10 January 2013 - 04:30 AM, said:

Ok. I couldn't be bothered using a new host - I tried a few and they were all pretty crap. FTP not working, not letting me upload files, saying I had reached the disk space limit (which was 10gb). I've stuck with 000webhost.

New site can be found at: kreos.host56.com

Haha, your CSS is small. But the site looks good

Where does it say that CSS has to be large? I've made many a site with little CSS and no HTML styles and it still looks good. And alternatively i've made a website that its css was ~1000 lines.

I didn't mean it to come across like that. I meant it like "Holy crap, the website is so good for a CSS so small!".
Quote

theoriginalbit's Photo theoriginalbit 11 Jan 2013

 BustedEarLobes, on 11 January 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

- snip -

I didn't mean it to come across like that. I meant it like "Holy crap, the website is so good for a CSS so small!".
Ahh ok :)
Quote

GravityScore's Photo GravityScore 11 Jan 2013

 BustedEarLobes, on 11 January 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

 TheOriginalBIT, on 10 January 2013 - 05:50 PM, said:

 BustedEarLobes, on 10 January 2013 - 05:29 PM, said:

 GravityScore, on 10 January 2013 - 04:30 AM, said:

Ok. I couldn't be bothered using a new host - I tried a few and they were all pretty crap. FTP not working, not letting me upload files, saying I had reached the disk space limit (which was 10gb). I've stuck with 000webhost.

New site can be found at: kreos.host56.com

Haha, your CSS is small. But the site looks good

Where does it say that CSS has to be large? I've made many a site with little CSS and no HTML styles and it still looks good. And alternatively i've made a website that its css was ~1000 lines.

I didn't mean it to come across like that. I meant it like "Holy crap, the website is so good for a CSS so small!".

Thanks :D
Quote

Cranium's Photo Cranium 12 Jan 2013

I do agree with Lyqyd somewhat. "Innovative" is probably not the best choice of words to describe this 'OS'. Feature rich, yes, but not innovative.

Quote

INNOVATIVE:
Adjective.
  • (of a product, idea, etc.) Featuring new methods; advanced and original.
Not trying to bash your program, just suggesting a description change.
Quote

GeniusName3's Photo GeniusName3 12 Jan 2013

This is truly the best OS maybe one of the only OS's out there that are good :)
Quote