←  Peripherals and Turtle Upgrades

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

[CC 1.33] [Beta 1.8.1] CCInput 0.27 (Big u...

Hackingroelz's Photo Hackingroelz 18 Mar 2012

Posted Image

CCInput2: http://www.computerc...remote-control/

Ever wanted to play worm on a monitor of CC? Ever wanted to have something fun after fighting with creepers? With this addon for CC you can get the input of the player while he/she isn't using the computer!

Ever wanted your turtles to know what they're mining? If so, you can use database turtles to do this without breaking the fourth wall! http://www.computerc...tabase-turtles/

Crafting recipes

IBlock:

Posted Image

This should be placed next to a computer.

Keyboard:

Posted Image

Needed to use the functions of this mod. (It's a question mark because I fail at graphics)

If you hold the remote then the computers connected to the IBlock linked to your remote will get all key events event if the GUI is not opened.

Videos:

Spoiler

Download link:
0.27 for MC:1.2.3: http://www.mediafire...iakohej8tz5kqk7
0.27 for MC 1.2.5: AdF.ly
0.26 for MC 1.2.4: http://adf.ly/6vFjV
0.26 for MC 1.2.3: http://adf.ly/6vSDK
Older versions:
Spoiler

Installation:
1. Install ComputerCraft

2. Extract the folder from CCInput_XXX.rar
3. Put the folder in the mods folder

Change Log:
0.27:
- Ported to 1.2.5
- You can change the ID of the IBlock now by right clicking the block
- If you right click it with a remote the remote will be linked to the IBlock
0.26:
- Fixed a lot of bugs
- Added a bug where there are 15 remotes in the creative inventory instead of just 1
0.254:
- Fixed a small bug where renaming the remote would brake the remote
0.253:
- Ported to 1.2.4
0.252:-
- You can now change the name of the IBlock
- You can now change the name of the remote
- When you craft a remote you only get one remote now
0.251:
- Config things
0.25:
- Renamed keyboards to remotes
- Remotes can be turned on and off
- Some tweaks
- Some things you will never get to see

Credits:

Hackingroelz/roel15

Cloudy (helped me with some of the coding)

Cloudy's Photo Cloudy 18 Mar 2012

Did you make any progress on calling the original key/char events? I'll be happy to help if you can't get that working.

Wolvan's Photo Wolvan 18 Mar 2012

Is that peripheral a new block?

Hackingroelz's Photo Hackingroelz 18 Mar 2012

I'm having some problems with it. I don't really know how to call the function, it's the first time I'm working with interfaces so it's kinda new to me.

Cloudy's Photo Cloudy 18 Mar 2012

Ok, if you pop on IRC I can try and help you do that - it would be a great addition to your peripheral I think :D/>

6677's Photo 6677 18 Mar 2012

adfly isnt.compatible with android it appears so no download :D/>

and you should give some info and screenshots. crafting recipe would be nice too

rockymc's Photo rockymc 18 Mar 2012

Yep.

FuzzyPurp's Photo FuzzyPurp 19 Mar 2012

Description is very vague. Doesn't state what version of MC/CC this is for. Needs more images and possibly a video demo. I wont download until this is cleaned up.

Hackingroelz's Photo Hackingroelz 19 Mar 2012

View PostFuzzyPurp, on 19 March 2012 - 01:22 AM, said:

Description is very vague. Doesn't state what version of MC/CC this is for. Needs more images and possibly a video demo. I wont download until this is cleaned up.
For the CC version, look at the title.

Casper7526's Photo Casper7526 19 Mar 2012

Yeah but you need to say what minecraft version as well :D/>

CC1.31 is for 1.1 and 1.2.3 :)/>

FuzzyPurp's Photo FuzzyPurp 21 Mar 2012

Sooooo....

Dirkus7's Photo Dirkus7 21 Mar 2012

I can't download it :(/> can anyone please send another link?

Buttmuncher's Photo Buttmuncher 21 Mar 2012

OMG I DOWNLOADED IT USING BOTH THE MODS FOLDER AND MC.JAR AND ONE DIDN'T ADD ANYTHING AND THE OTHER GAVE ME AN ERROR REPORT I CANT READ! FIX THIS PERIPHERAL PLEASE! THIS IS THE SECOND OR THIRD PERIPHERAL THAT IS BROKEN!

Espen's Photo Espen 21 Mar 2012

View PostButtmuncher, on 21 March 2012 - 08:36 PM, said:

OMG I DOWNLOADED IT USING BOTH THE MODS FOLDER AND MC.JAR AND ONE DIDN'T ADD ANYTHING AND THE OTHER GAVE ME AN ERROR REPORT I CANT READ! FIX THIS PERIPHERAL PLEASE! THIS IS THE SECOND OR THIRD PERIPHERAL THAT IS BROKEN!
Ever heard of respect and manners? You'll get more understanding and help with these, than with your current behavior.

Buttmuncher's Photo Buttmuncher 21 Mar 2012

how do you download it? i tried to but it crashed my minecraft no matter how i installed it

Espen's Photo Espen 21 Mar 2012

View PostButtmuncher, on 21 March 2012 - 10:06 PM, said:

how do you download it? i tried to but it crashed my minecraft no matter how i installed it
Ok, so the reason it didn't load anything when you put it into the .minecraft/mods folder is because Modloader apparently can't read from .rar files.
I don't know if a simple renaming to .zip might be enough, but it sure works if you repack it as .zip .

But whether you put it in the mods folder or injected it into the minecraft.jar itself, it still could lead to an error.
The reason for that might be that the Block ID that CCInput uses is already being used by one another one of your installed mods.
Unfortunately CCInput has its ID hardcoded, so you can't change it yet. You'll have to take a close look at the error message and see which other mod is making use of that ID.
Then try and see if that mod has a config file where the ID can be changed.
Btw. the ID of CCInput is 160.

@roel15:
You can let Modloader create a config file for your mod, so that people can change the Block ID.
To do that, just write this infront of the static variable you want to have in the config, so that it can be changed individually by each user:
@MLProp

For example for your Mod, change this line...
public static final BlockContainer IBlock = new BlockI(........
...into this line...
@MLProp public static final BlockContainer IBlock = new BlockI(........

Cheers

coolblockj's Photo coolblockj 22 Mar 2012

SMP support comming anytime soon? (I'd love to use this on my server)

FuzzyPurp's Photo FuzzyPurp 23 Mar 2012

Wow damn 160 is a conflict with buildcraft Ewww. Fix the config to be changeable(must!)
Also smp support would be nice. Till then i cant even install it with a hardcoded id that conflicts with buildcraft. I choose buildcraft.

@Espen - IC2, immibis mod Tubestuff and a few others use Jar files in /mods. So i think your are finally wrong about something OMG :(/>

Xfel's Photo Xfel 23 Mar 2012

jar and zip format are the same. The only difference is that jar files are ment to contain java code. The rar format is completely different.

Espen's Photo Espen 23 Mar 2012

View PostFuzzyPurp, on 23 March 2012 - 03:04 AM, said:

Wow damn 160 is a conflict with buildcraft Ewww. Fix the config to be changeable(must!) Also smp support would be nice. Till then i cant even install it with a hardcoded id that conflicts with buildcraft. I choose buildcraft. @Espen - IC2, immibis mod Tubestuff and a few others use Jar files in /mods. So i think your are finally wrong about something OMG :)/>
If you reread my post, I didn't say that it only reads .zip files, I said it doesn't read .rar files. :D/>
Since I don't know if that is official or not, I tried it out by myself and it appeared not to work as a .rar. That's why I used the word "apparently" in my previous post.^^

But even if I was wrong, that's no biggie. We're all human. (Or are we?) :(/>
That would just give me the opportunity to learn the truth and improve my understanding. I don't let an ego stand between me and intellectual honesty.

EDIT: Going through some alternative interpretations of your post in regards to mine: Could it be that you simply misread .rar as .jar? :)/>
Edited by Espen, 23 March 2012 - 12:45 PM.