Advanced Mining Turtle - Ore Quarry

turtle

582 replies to this topic

#581 henrytm82

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2015 - 11:20 AM

For anyone else annoyed by the turtles not filtering out the noise blocks like they're supposed to, I came up with a fairly simple solution.

I'm playing with FTB Infinity, so my advice may assume that you are, too. Or at the very least, that you are using the same mods that add these items (I believe it's all from IC2).

I have my turtle emptying his inventory into a diamond chest so I don't have to check on him as often. I have an emerald pipe leading from the chest to a trash can, and I have the emerald pipe set to "Whitelist" and just fill the filters with all the crap you don't want to keep (cobble, dirt, gravel, granite, etc) so that you have maximum space for ores. I have the pipe powered by four redstone engines so it pumps the junk blocks out of the chest at a rate of 4 blocks/tick which is more than fast enough to keep up with a single turtle (I actually have two turtles emptying into the same chest from opposite sides).

Just a suggestion for anyone who can't get the turtle to filter out the junk :)

#582 EvilGeniusRetired

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:23 PM

Are you able to use in the nether? I tried sending one off in the nether but it never came back. Might try digging after it to see what happened

#583 Culprit

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2016 - 11:44 AM

I'm having a problem. I will run the turtle, and it goes to the bottom, and starts mining. However, it comes up randomly. Leaving piles of stuff all over. What have I done wrong? I do not have a GPS set up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users