←  Programs

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

[cc 1.5x] Cciri - The Best Siri/encycloped...

Poll: Your opinion about CCiri! (41 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you like CCiri? Do you find it useful?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

theoriginalbit's Photo theoriginalbit 10 Jan 2013

yeh. lol. I've used several methods and found that one the best and easiest.

Skullblade's Photo Skullblade 10 Jan 2013

Well I just kinda made it up(or discovered for myself) while I was fiddling around with my browser and it seemed effective so I never bothered trying anything different

Heracles421's Photo Heracles421 10 Jan 2013

Ok, released version 1.1 which fixes the scrolling bug, although it's still a little but buggy, it works now. We're working in a way to enhance it

Skullblade's Photo Skullblade 10 Jan 2013

Great ill try it out ASAP, in my phone

Skullblade's Photo Skullblade 11 Jan 2013

Just tried out :) scrolling helps a lot! one "bug" is that each time you scroll you need to redraw the firescreen, not just printing the stuff info (you keep scrolling down and text gets stuck to your screen)

Also 1 suggestion
You need SOME type of formatting, the sheer amount of synonyms creates a wall of text that is hard to read
- You could replace the | that wolfram uses and have it be /n (i think that is the thing for next line) it will look nicer ^_^

EDIT: how do you search again???

theoriginalbit's Photo theoriginalbit 11 Jan 2013

View PostSkullblade, on 11 January 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

Just tried out :) scrolling helps a lot! one "bug" is that each time you scroll you need to redraw the firescreen, not just printing the stuff info (you keep scrolling down and text gets stuck to your screen)
Oh I fixed that bug... didn't tell him to fix it in his though... oops...

Also 1 suggestion
You need SOME type of formatting, the sheer amount of synonyms creates a wall of text that is hard to read
- You could replace the | that wolfram uses and have it be /n (i think that is the thing for next line) it will look nicer ^_^
I agree, I was attempting to fix this for him at one stage by pulling the data from Wolframalpha different'y to include headings for each section... it was quite difficult!

Also noticed this issue... i pressed ctrl + t and opened it again :P

Heracles421's Photo Heracles421 11 Jan 2013

Just tried out :)/> scrolling helps a lot! one "bug" is that each time you scroll you need to redraw the firescreen, not just printing the stuff info (you keep scrolling down and text gets stuck to your screen)

Also 1 suggestion
- You could replace the | that wolfram uses and have it be /n (i think that is the thing for next line) it will look nicer ^_^/>

Well, some things seemed to bug out while adding the scroll, I'm trying to fix them atm

Well it wouldn't be that hard to convert all | to \n (Actually every other |) he already has a scanning program to scan for the data from wolfram just have it scan for more then one thing

View PostSkullblade, on 11 January 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

Well it wouldn't be that hard to convert all | to \n (Actually every other |) he already has a scanning program to scan for the data from wolfram just have it scan for more then one thing
That's the easy part, fixing the scrolling is the painfull part

View PostSkullblade, on 11 January 2013 - 12:51 PM, said:

Don't even need to scan through it all to replace | with \n ... have a look at my Extended String Library, specifically the replace function...

View PostHeracles421, on 11 January 2013 - 01:04 PM, said:

That's the easy part, fixing the scrolling is the painfull part
I can attest this!

Yeah man scrolling is a B**** I'm working on scrolling on my browser and it only kinda works good enough. Keep at it

pielover88888's Photo pielover88888 11 Jan 2013

It irks me, my dns errors. Um, the going-to-another-search bug..bugs me. lol
I wanna see you make a google app :P or perhaps a computercraft wii/forum/whatever else there is browssr that let's you sign in and such.. oh, the possibilities.

View Postpielover88888, on 11 January 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

I wanna see you make a google app :P or perhaps a computercraft wii/forum/whatever else there is browssr that let's you sign in and such.. oh, the possibilities.
That would be a PAIN Interpreting from the html to Lua... its more problem than its worth I think... I attempted it a little for this, when I was trying to write him a better info extraction method, but it was just horrible to do...
Edited by TheOriginalBIT, 11 January 2013 - 01:30 PM.

pielover88888's Photo pielover88888 11 Jan 2013

o_o well, in that case, I wonder if the Luakit web browser's api's would work in computercraft.. since that uses X11/x11 I doubt it'd work, might be with a shot though.

Yea, TheOriginalBIT is right, the code I get comes in XML, and luckily I was able to retrieve just the answer with some simple methods, but HTML is another story, that would be impossible to implement. Maybe not impossible, but really, really, really hard to do

View PostHeracles421, on 11 January 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

Yea, TheOriginalBIT is right, the code I get comes in XML, and luckily I was able to retrieve just the answer with some simple methods, but HTML is another story, that would be impossible to implement. Maybe not impossible, but really, really, really hard to do

Even XML was difficult... I was attempting to strip out all the tags and just have the title and plaintext from the pods for you.... very difficult to get accurate, couldn't do it...

View PostTheOriginalBIT, on 11 January 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

Even XML was difficult... I was attempting to strip out all the tags and just have the title and plaintext from the pods for you.... very difficult to get accurate, couldn't do it...
That's why I just stripped the plaintext, because when I first looked at the XML code I was like: How the f*** am I going to show all of this?

View PostHeracles421, on 11 January 2013 - 04:10 PM, said:

View PostTheOriginalBIT, on 11 January 2013 - 04:05 PM, said:

That's why I just stripped the plaintext, because when I first looked at the XML code I was like: How the f*** am I going to show all of this?

Well I was trying to use some of the functions I wrote in my Extended String Library. But I just couldn't find the right combo to work 100%... the process did have me add some new functions to the Library, so thanx :) , but I'm considering trying to figure it out at some point and add a stripTag function into the library. however this will be later...

Ok, BETA 1.2 is out, with a (hopefully) working fix for the scrolling bug and for the bug that doesn't let you change screen back.
If any kind souls could try it out and tell me if it works, I'll move it to the approved code, version 1.2. And no, I won't take your souls...........

Probably.....

Edit: Forgot to say thanks RemiX for the fix

Skullblade's Photo Skullblade 12 Jan 2013

how do you get V1.2 paste bin is V1.1