←  Turtle Programs

ComputerCraft | Programmable Computers for Minecraft

»

GPS Deploy 1.1 **UPDATED** 04/01/2014

Furest_'s Photo Furest_ 05 Aug 2014

Hi,
My upper computers placed by the turtle says they are located one block higher than where they are... But the lowers have the good one.
Why?
Edited by Furest_, 05 August 2014 - 09:32 PM.

SilverSatin's Photo SilverSatin 17 Oct 2014

I cant seem to get the script to work,,,

My mining turtle just throws back the following message after I set the coordinates to launch;

gps-deploy: 89 : No such modem:  right

i'm surprised nobody else seem to have a problem with it... am I using the wront turtle? it's supposed to be a normal turtle ot a mining turtle right ?

Lyqyd's Photo Lyqyd 17 Oct 2014

Looks like it wants you to use a wireless mining turtle.

KingofGamesYami's Photo KingofGamesYami 17 Oct 2014

View PostSilverSatin, on 17 October 2014 - 06:03 PM, said:

I cant seem to get the script to work,,,

My mining turtle just throws back the following message after I set the coordinates to launch;

gps-deploy: 89 : No such modem:  right

i'm surprised nobody else seem to have a problem with it... am I using the wront turtle? it's supposed to be a normal turtle ot a mining turtle right ?
Well, since it's looking for a modem, I'd say you need a wireless mining turtle.

Edit: Ninja'd
Edited by KingofGamesYami, 17 October 2014 - 06:39 PM.

SimonT456's Photo SimonT456 29 Oct 2014

thanks, this program worked well

Mad_Professor's Photo Mad_Professor 16 Feb 2015

Seems that this script is broken, the wireless mining turtle just stops while going up, stops when deploying a disk drive. Doesn't throw any errors.

civilwargeeky's Photo civilwargeeky 23 Feb 2015

View PostMad_Professor, on 16 February 2015 - 11:06 AM, said:

Seems that this script is broken, the wireless mining turtle just stops while going up, stops when deploying a disk drive. Doesn't throw any errors.
I'm not sure if you're having the same problem, but I found that the turtle is unable to place any blocks close to the world height limit.
A less-than-ideal solution I found was giving the fourth parameter about 100 or so (from a base of 64) works fine, at least for small areas.

Restioson's Photo Restioson 19 Apr 2015

When I tried to run this program using an advanced mining turtle, it stopped at when it was at 254 (the world limit for building). Have I done anything wrong, is there a bug, or is it incompatible with the advanced mining turtle?
PS: (I manually moved the turtle down and restarted asking it to place the cluster 0 above, and it worked)
Love the program, btw!
Restioson

hotmaildotcom1's Photo hotmaildotcom1 30 Jul 2015

Excellent program I use it on pretty much every server I play on

Dog's Photo Dog 05 Feb 2017

In keeping with the spirit of forum members providing updates for this program; I thought I'd share the updates I've made over time. neonerZ hasn't been online in over two years and I still use the program quite often, so I hope others will find these updates useful as well. This version is based on v1.1, and with the number of changes and updates I thought it might be good to differentiate it by updating the version number to 1.2.

It's a rather big update that includes the following:
- Localized variables, reformatted table construction, eliminated duplicate and unnecessary sanity checks,
- reduced use of tonumber() and turtle calls, added automatic modem finding and an error for non-wireless
- turtles when using 'locate', automatic GPS host computer labeling (respects currently labeled computers),
- custom host support re-enabled, emergency return-to-start when unable to complete the job,
- re-ordered the program to make it more linear, converted many variables to camelCase, and more.

Operation of the program from a user's perspective hasn't changed at all - with two exceptions:
1. A wireless modem is no longer required unless you are using the locate command; but if the turtle has one it will use the modem to verify it's return coordinates upon completion.
2. The slot assignments have changed from v1.1: slot 1 = fuel, slot 2 = floppy disk, slot 3 = floppy drive, slot 4 = wireless modems, slots 5, 6, 7, 8 = computers.

I've tested it reasonably well with 100% accuracy in all tests. The only things I haven't tested are 'custom' host support and deploying from a negative Y coordinate starting position (but both should work fine). Don't bother deploying *to* coordinates *below* your current coordinates - it won't work right.

When placing computers in the turtle's inventory, slots 5, 6, 7, and 8 are all valid slots - you can use any and all four slots as you desire. This version supports both labeled and unlabeled computers - and you can mix and match if you like. It will automatically label the unlabeled computers and preserve the labels of the labeled computers.

One feature that was disabled (and now should work) was the ability to provide a program named 'custom' that would be run by each GPS satellite computer instead of the standard gps host program. To enable a custom program just put the program on the turtle's drive and name it 'custom', then start gpsDeploy - remember that the custom program will need to either provide GPS services or launch the standard gps host application on its own.

A quick note - if you specify height, keep in mind that your are specifying height relative to your current position, not absolute height. For example, if you specify a height of 5, the top row of satellites will be deployed 5 blocks higher than the turtle's starting position and the lower row of satellites will be deployed 2 blocks above the turtle's starting position. If you want to ensure the satellites are deployed at an absolute height of 254 (and 251 for the lower row) then specify no height and the program will automatically deploy the array at 254/251.

Pastebin: VXAyXqBv
ComputerCraft: pastebin get VXAyXqBv gpsDeploy