turtle.attack() not working anymore

8 replies to this topic

#1 Kaidenyo

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

Title: turtle.attack() not working anymore

Hey guys,
We are still running Computecraft 1.481 on our server, but the admin installed bukkit tonight and now my XP-Turtle-Farm is messed up.

I use the following could, which I found somewhere on youtube.
http://pastebin.com/jHj7hehw

So the turtle is just standing there, starting the program, but does not attack the mobs in front of it. I tried using the lua - turtle.attack() in the command prompt, but it just returns "false".
Whats wrong ?

#2 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Split into new topic.

I'm guessing Bukkit was installed to add a permissions plugin of some sort? The turtles probably don't have the proper permissions if that's the case.

#3 A_Li_N

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:49 PM

I will confirm this issue and state that it is not bukkit. I play Feed The Beast and it updated this evening. Ever since the update, the turtle.attack() returns false without attacking anything. I've tried putting fuel in the turtle, breaking/resetting them and manually attacking through lua (instead of through my existing scripts) and nothing seems to work.

*On further experimentation, I have found that they do attack successfully, but it appears their range has been cut off...at least they cannot hit the mobs if they are on the 'far side' of the block...if I get enough mobs onto the block that some get pushed directly against the turtle, the turtle will attack. Also, they appear to attack just fine 'up', so if I changed the spawner to put the turtles under the drop chutes, they will attack upwards with no difficulty.

#4 Shnupbups

• Members
  • 596 posts
  • LocationThat place over there. Y'know. The one where I am.

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:53 PM

You're using melee turtles, yes?

#5 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:55 AM

Try opping [ComputerCraft] or adding it to the highest available rank in your permissions plugin.

#6 A_Li_N

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

View PostShnupbups100, on 19 February 2013 - 07:53 PM, said:

You're using melee turtles, yes?
Correct, in a setup that was working in FTB Direwolf20 pack before the update on Sunday.

View PostDlcruz129, on 20 February 2013 - 03:55 AM, said:

Try opping [ComputerCraft] or adding it to the highest available rank in your permissions plugin.
There are no permissions that I know of in the Direwolf20 modpack.

I've modified the setup to have the mobs drop on top of the turtles and have them attackUp and that seems to work very well...the attack() still does not work unless the mob is directly next to the turtle (as in the close side of the adjacent block).

#7 nLgzHungryHiPPo

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:25 PM

There is a post on the FTB reddit about the turtle range being reduced. Having the turtles below the mobs is more or less the easiest fix.

http://www.reddit.co...turtle_trouble/

#8 nLgzHungryHiPPo

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:27 PM

There is a post on the FTB reddit about the turtle range being reduced. Having the turtles below the mobs is more or less the easiest fix.

#9 R167

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

View PostnLgzHungryHiPPo, on 20 February 2013 - 03:25 PM, said:

Well this is annoying. I wish that it would be kept to the original 1 block infront area of attack. That makes way more sense. That or them having a longer range.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users