[[1.2.4] Mod ver.1.34] How Can i make a OS for my terminals and How do i copy something to the terminals from a floppy

6 replies to this topic

#1 nitebomber51

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:03 AM

The titles basically it i mainly want to know how to make the OS for my terminals and be able to copy from my floppy holding the OS. So if this can be answered in a timely manor please do

-Thanks Nitebomber51

#2 Mendax

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

Hm, to copy a program from a floppy, type in 'copy disk/(program) /(program)' That will copy it :)/> As for an OS, that is very complicated and uses startup files and other files and stuff...

#3 nitebomber51

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:37 AM

ok so you're saying that say i have a file called thingys on a floppy to put it onto the root of the terminal i just type in "copy disk thingys" and i can just type in thingys at the root menu and it will start up?

#4 Wolvan

• New Members
  • 384 posts
  • LocationIn the TARDIS

Posted 02 April 2012 - 08:58 AM

If you want to run a program from the disk just type disk/(program) and list disk for programs on the disk
With the OS: Start with a startup file. It get's loaded as soon as the computer boots. A good startup is the base of all OSes

#5 nitebomber51

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 09:31 AM

well i got the startup down-pat i set up door lock systems and buildcraft things with it. What i really want to know is what do i need and how long would it take to make the os?

#6 Mendax

• Members
  • 366 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

View Postnitebomber51, on 02 April 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

ok so you're saying that say i have a file called thingys on a floppy to put it onto the root of the terminal i just type in "copy disk thingys" and i can just type in thingys at the root menu and it will start up?
No, type 'copy disk/thingys /thingys'.
To split it up it is,
Copy - this is the program
disk/thingys - the drive and file name
/thingys - / means the computer's drive and thingys means the filename. If the filenames don't match, it will make a folder and put it in it.

#7 nitebomber51

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 10:45 AM

View Postmrminer844403, on 02 April 2012 - 10:00 AM, said:

View Postnitebomber51, on 02 April 2012 - 08:37 AM, said:

No, type 'copy disk/thingys /thingys'.
To split it up it is,
Copy - this is the program
disk/thingys - the drive and file name
/thingys - / means the computer's drive and thingys means the filename. If the filenames don't match, it will make a folder and put it in it.
thanks for that i feel like a noob

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users