Computer helmet with HUD

154 replies to this topic

#1 Jarle212

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:19 AM

[1.5]
I just got an ide, about having computerhelmets with a hud. To interact with is as an computer you whould put it in your hand and left click, like it might be with the confirmed PDAs.
The helemts will be able to draw a hud on your screen when wearing it.

This will make you able to easely get data without interacting with a computer directly.

#2 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationThe Sammich Kingdom

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:26 AM

They will NEVER add Google Glass into the damn game.

#3 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:41 AM

Oh dear God....NO.

EDIT: "Hmm...let's put a helmet on, but smash a computer on top. THIS IS A BRILLIANT IDEA!" - said the most idiotic person in Minecraft...

#4 Jarle212

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

You whould smash a PDA on the top of it :P. The only thing you smash a computer on top of is a potato.

#5 Jarle212

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

View PostSammich Lord, on 27 February 2013 - 09:26 AM, said:

They will NEVER add Google Glass into the damn game.
It whould not be like google glasses. Mor like the the ordenary computer screens without
A background.

#6 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

I might be able to imagine implementing this as a non-interactive basic text HUD (actually could be pretty neat). Still seems a bit of a stretch though.

#7 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

It's still not happening.

#8 Skullblade

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationThe Big Apple, NY

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

this could be an OK (at best) peripheral.....i guess. but it doesn't fit with the retro CC style...

if u want it u will have 2 make it

#9 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationThe Sammich Kingdom

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:54 AM

We yelled at Cloudy and IRC and he kinda liked the idea as a peripheral for a PDA. Like you have the PDA to take inputs then you wrap the helmet like a monitor.

#10 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:58 AM

Yeah, I actually kind of like this idea. Could be very neat as a PDA peripheral.

#11 Skullblade

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

View PostSammich Lord, on 27 February 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

We yelled at Cloudy and IRC and he kinda liked the idea as a peripheral for a PDA. Like you have the PDA to take inputs then you wrap the helmet like a monitor.

View PostLyqyd, on 27 February 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

Yeah, I actually kind of like this idea. Could be very neat as a PDA peripheral.
yeah i think that its a interesting idea and would actually use it but i doubt that it will be added because it doesn't fit the mod's style

#12 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostSkullblade, on 27 February 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

yeah i think that its a interesting idea and would actually use it but i doubt that it will be added because it doesn't fit the mod's style

O rly?

View PostLyqyd, on 27 February 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

View PostSammich Lord, on 27 February 2013 - 10:54 AM, said:

Two votes for it from admins. One against. Why on earth doesn't it fit with the mod's "style" anyway? ComputerCraft is progressing just like the real world does - the modders' goal is not to hold us back in the stone age ;)

#13 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

These could be a great way to display real-time feedback from turtles, particularly with my style of turtle-assisted (as opposed to fully automated) mining. PDAs alone would be great for this already, as a way to monitor the turtles' status without going to each one or some fixed monitor terminal, but an added hud would eliminate the need to keep looking at the pda, giving me the important details in a continuous way. Endorsed!

#14 Skullblade

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 11:41 AM

[not happening] It would be really cool if the hud is able to gather info from the surroundings such as mobs and blocks :D [/not happening]

#15 JJRcop

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:03 PM

Oh, it's happening.

#16 Skullblade

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

View PostJJRcop, on 27 February 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

Oh, it's happening.
i highly doubt that they are going to add essentially cameras which are on the don't request list.....

i kinda doubt that this suggestion period will b added.....

#17 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

ffs. Cameras? Someone saw hud and jumped to google glass and people keep reacting like the suggestion is a 1:1 feature-exact version of google glass. Nobody proposed cameras. Nobody proposed 720p raster display for the hud. IT would be a text-only display, similar to a monitor, probably lower-res than a terminal, likely with no direct input mechanisms. It just displays what is written to it by a "connected" pda or computer, just like a monitor does.

#18 Skullblade

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

View PostGopherAtl, on 27 February 2013 - 12:17 PM, said:

ffs. Cameras? Someone saw hud and jumped to google glass and people keep reacting like the suggestion is a 1:1 feature-exact version of google glass. Nobody proposed cameras. Nobody proposed 720p raster display for the hud. IT would be a text-only display, similar to a monitor, probably lower-res than a terminal, likely with no direct input mechanisms. It just displays what is written to it by a "connected" pda or computer, just like a monitor does.
yeah i know that it wont happen and definitely doesn't fit with the mod that's i put my suggestion in [not happening] tags :P

View PostSkullblade, on 27 February 2013 - 11:41 AM, said:

[not happening] It would be really cool if the hud is able to gather info from the surroundings such as mobs and blocks :D [/not happening]

He then said

View PostJJRcop, on 27 February 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

Oh, it's happening.
which i assumed he was responding 2 me

#19 JJRcop

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

I think it fits with the mod. You are able to display information directly in your field of view. That sounds great in my opinion.

#20 immibis

Lua God

• Members
  • 1,033 posts
  • LocationWellington, New Zealand

Posted 27 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

No, you put a computer on your helmet and then other people can see the computer screen. You can't see it because it's on top of your head.

</troll>

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users