• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

Its a very cool os for Mac OS X Fans

#242 072608

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

I also have been trying to make a password login system, I made it so far to the point where you can create a password and then u can enter it so maybe with help I could create code to add A login/logout system for Pear OS ,with some help we could create A Mac OS x inspired login and maybe Create User Accounts with there Documents and stuff maybe like that. :)
Also if want my Edited Version of finder I give it to u :)

#243 redcloack

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:21 AM

have you thought about adding an internet browser and the ability to create websites for it?

#244 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:34 AM

View Postredcloack, on 21 August 2013 - 03:21 AM, said:

have you thought about adding an internet browser and the ability to create websites for it?

Yes, in fact I was looking at creating an HTML renderer for it. I might later, I'm busy working on the ComputerCraft app store at the moment.

#245 platychief

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

How do you use pastebin. When I type it in, it says "no such program"

#246 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

View Postplatychief, on 01 September 2013 - 12:42 AM, said:

How do you use pastebin. When I type it in, it says "no such program"

You need to turn 'http' on in your config file, I'm pressed for time at the moment but a quick google or search on the forums will find the answer.

#247 Dave-ee Jones

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • LocationVan Diemen's Land

Posted 06 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

This is an AWESOME OS :D

I really want to add movable windows into my OS, ones that can run the shell inside a small window that can be re-sized and moved.
Do you have any tips or helpful functions? I have a slight idea on how to do it, but I haven't done much with coroutines and stuff like that.

#248 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:09 AM

View PostAutoLocK, on 06 September 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

I really want to add movable windows into my OS, ones that can run the shell inside a small window that can be re-sized and moved.
Do you have any tips or helpful functions? I have a slight idea on how to do it, but I haven't done much with coroutines and stuff like that.

First, I'd try to make a rectangle, or even just character that you can drag around the screen. Feel free to go through PearOS and see how it works. If you need anymore help or you have any questions PM me.

#249 Dave-ee Jones

• Members
  • 456 posts
  • LocationVan Diemen's Land

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

View Postoeed, on 07 September 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

First, I'd try to make a rectangle, or even just character that you can drag around the screen. Feel free to go through PearOS and see how it works. If you need anymore help or you have any questions PM me.

Yeah, I've been trying to make a shape API, one that allows you to draw boxes, circles and stuff. I even made a few functions that allow you to draw draggable boxes, so I know a little bit about the "mouse_drag" events.

But the thing i'm wondering is how to get a shell to run inside the box, and how to run more than 1 of them.

Thanks for the permission too :D

#250 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

View PostAutoLocK, on 07 September 2013 - 03:31 AM, said:

View Postoeed, on 07 September 2013 - 02:09 AM, said:

Yeah, I've been trying to make a shape API, one that allows you to draw boxes, circles and stuff. I even made a few functions that allow you to draw draggable boxes, so I know a little bit about the "mouse_drag" events.

But the thing i'm wondering is how to get a shell to run inside the box, and how to run more than 1 of them.

Thanks for the permission too :D

You'll need to create an environment, run a shell instance, os.run("programs/shell"), then override the term.write method to write to the pixel you want it to.

#251 BlueMond

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

View PostLyqyd, on 11 March 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

It isn't more advanced than LyqydOS. It may be slightly prettier, but it isn't more advanced. You are welcome to your opinion, of course.

Such a great and supporting admin. Also loving the constructive criticism.

#252 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

You should probably read more than just the first page of a topic and try to contribute positively when you post. If you have an issue with an administrator or moderator, it should be handled via PM.

#253 Gvin

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationBelarus

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:09 AM

View PostLyqyd, on 12 March 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

The flickering may be easiest solved by buffering the screen output and comparing it against new draws so that only changed lines need to be redrawn, and then only redrawing those lines when the program yields. That's how I killed the flickering in LyqydOS. :)/>

Also you can allow windows and other stuff to draw themself in some sort of a buffer and at the end of this process just draw the buffer on the screen. Thi will free you from comparing changes in old and new version. I've implemented this solution in my OS.

#254 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

View PostGvin, on 12 September 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

View PostLyqyd, on 12 March 2013 - 04:52 PM, said:

The flickering may be easiest solved by buffering the screen output and comparing it against new draws so that only changed lines need to be redrawn, and then only redrawing those lines when the program yields. That's how I killed the flickering in LyqydOS. :)/>

Also you can allow windows and other stuff to draw themself in some sort of a buffer and at the end of this process just draw the buffer on the screen. Thi will free you from comparing changes in old and new version. I've implemented this solution in my OS.

If I understand you correctly, then PearOS does this. Otherwise, I don't :P

#255 Chamimnya

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 14 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

Not a OS X fan but PearOS is awesome ;) Love it just for the awesome GUI :D

#256 Rougeminner

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

By any chance can you make it so apps can be added to the home screen

#257 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostRougeminner, on 15 September 2013 - 05:28 PM, said:

By any chance can you make it so apps can be added to the home screen

I'm not working on this anymore. However, when the App Store is complete I will be making a brand new OS which will have this feature.

#258 YuvonDovah

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

This puts everything i've done in computercraft to shame! It's amazing! Also I would like to ask what is the best way of learning lua?

#259 Rougeminner

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 10:30 PM

I would like to extend an offer for pear os i have made a base platform that scans all of pear os's directories it is still in dev but in thr end... Not the near future i will be an entire system read out it will have an anti virus a virus bin and being a macowner most likely i am sure you know about the system pref. tab and how it displays the reamaning rom space on your harddrive well that part is done

#260 ElvishJerricco

• Members
  • 803 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:46 AM

View PostYuvonDovah, on 03 October 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

This puts everything i've done in computercraft to shame! It's amazing! Also I would like to ask what is the best way of learning lua?

Practice. Do things with it. Research the best ways to do those things with it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users