290 replies to this topic

#261 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:12 AM

View PostYuvonDovah, on 03 October 2013 - 10:27 AM, said:

This puts everything i've done in computercraft to shame! It's amazing! Also I would like to ask what is the best way of learning lua?

Well, I'd been coding for a few years before I started learning Lua and once you learn one language it's pretty easy to pickup another. But as ElvishJerricco said, practice, practice, practice.

#262 Rougeminner

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

do you think you could add other users and more applications like launchpad i may be able to send you the code for mission control. Instead of having the "Enter CraftOS in preferences you should make the Terminal app. all of this is just a suggestion

#263 FelixSoft2_NEW

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

Mhhh... can i use the basis code and make an owns system out of it?

#264 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

View PostRougeminner, on 05 October 2013 - 09:34 AM, said:

do you think you could add other users and more applications like launchpad i may be able to send you the code for mission control. Instead of having the "Enter CraftOS in preferences you should make the Terminal app. all of this is just a suggestion
If I do decide to pickup PearOS again, a Terminal interface is on the very top of the list.

View PostFelixSoft2_NEW, on 05 October 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

Mhhh... can i use the basis code and make an owns system out of it?

Yes, as long as you post a link to it here or PM me about it, you are welcome to.

#265 XeriosValentine

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Locationhmm sitting here with Nekomimi in front of my PC XD?

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Right now if I try to download it from pastebin I get everytime a broken OS that even starts up... what happened?

#266 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

View PostXeriosValentine, on 22 October 2013 - 06:38 PM, said:

Right now if I try to download it from pastebin I get everytime a broken OS that even starts up... what happened?

Hmm, thats odd. Could you post a screenshot? (I suggest puush if you don't have it already)

#267 slugy12345

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 05:42 AM

I'm hoping to make something like this called BoneWare but right now I'm still in the Alpha stages which is just setting up a choosable password and hopefully a username. If no username then that would hopefully be in BoneWare V.0.3 Alpha. But I think what you made here is pretty sick and I hope I could follow your footsteps.

#268 TableCraft0R

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

Somebody continue this? this OS was awesome. but this was discontinued.

#269 Symmetryc

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:07 PM

View PostTableCraft0R, on 23 October 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

The original developer will be doing a new OS or revamp of this after the CC AppStore is finished I believe.

#270 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

View PostSymmetryc, on 24 October 2013 - 06:07 PM, said:

View PostTableCraft0R, on 23 October 2013 - 08:27 AM, said:

The original developer will be doing a new OS or revamp of this after the CC AppStore is finished I believe.

I've been working on other things for the past few weeks. I've been working on a Mac app I hope to release on the App Store, and it's higher up on my list of things to do. When it's done I might come back, however.

If you're interested, the app I'm making is essentially a better of GeekTool. It allows you to do things like this: (this is a GeekTool screenshot FYI)

Spoiler

It allows you to make and place widgets on your desktop. The problem with GeekTool is that it's far to hard to use. Everything has to been done through shell commands, which I just hate. Lots of my friends have installed it, exited to get a cool desktop layout, but don't know where to start and give up. So, my app does the same thing, allow more customisation but much easier and prettier :)

The widgets are made in HTML and are backed by and API, allowing you to control and access stuff like iTunes. Anyway, that's enough rambling. That's what I'm doing and why I haven't really been here.

#271 Kingdaro

The Doctor

• Members
  • 1,636 posts
  • Location'MURICA

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

That's pretty badass. Good luck on your project!

#272 GamerFelio

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 12:58 PM

It's good, but if I have more then three windows open, i dont find the Buttons :blink:

#273 deFENCE_

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

Rename Startup to startup or it doesn't automatically start :)

#274 Wobbo

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:28 AM

If you would want a real OS X feel to your system, don't provide support for anything else then a terminal emulator. That is how Apple does it.

It is pretty easy to get Unix/Linux utilities up and running, but Apple has nothing to do with that(aside from web hosting). There are some package managers, and XQuartz(X11 if you got it with your mac) as a window system, but both are updated and build by volunteers. So if you want support for other programs and do it the way Apple does it, just include a terminal emulator that runs CraftOS in a window. Then people can run the unsupported programs that way.

#275 FlashingLight

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 01:53 PM

Nice OS! Just beautifull!

#276 LemADEC

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 05:00 PM

I've tried this OS and after renaming Startup to startup, it ask my name and background color, then reboot and crash systematically:
OSDrawing:128: attempt to get lenght of nil

I'm using MC1.5.2 with CC1.5.3.

Any idea what's wrong ?!?

#277 gfcwfzkm

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

me too, i get the same error

#278 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 07:51 AM

View Postgfcwfzkm, on 07 December 2013 - 06:05 AM, said:

me too, i get the same error

Hmmm...
After a quick look at the code it's related to an image that wasn't loaded correctly. Can you describe how you got the error, and if possible zip your computer folder (in your saves folder) and send me a link.

#279 gfcwfzkm

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 03:13 PM

the first problem is, it makes the false startup file (named "Startup", not "startup").
and after (re)booting the computer, it gets only that error. after going in the debug(verbose) mode, it stops with that error: OSDrawing:128: attempt to get lenght of nil

sry, i cant zip the computer folder, im playing online...

#280 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:33 PM

View Postgfcwfzkm, on 07 December 2013 - 03:13 PM, said:

the first problem is, it makes the false startup file (named "Startup", not "startup").
and after (re)booting the computer, it gets only that error. after going in the debug(verbose) mode, it stops with that error: OSDrawing:128: attempt to get lenght of nil

sry, i cant zip the computer folder, im playing online...

Ok, thanks. I'll do some testing and try to figure out the problem. Do you know what OS the server's running by any chance?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users