Advanced Programs: Orefinder, Tunnel.

turtle

253 replies to this topic

#161 ughzug

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 09:59 AM

what about having the turtle go up one block above the "surface" level to go over the torches while in drop off mode, and return to work mode? the space should already be cleared from the gravel/sand protection.

#162 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:14 AM

Advanced OreFinder Updated v3.0

I have just uploaded the new orefinder program, it has been rewritten and now can be easily modified. The gui for it has been completely changed and will have progress info added to it latter. But for now you can pause refuel save exit and resume. I made a custom read function that can read multiple lines making it so you can edit one line then move on the the next and then still go back to a previous line, this feature will be added to my advancedgui soon. I have to do alot to the advanced gui to make it better but I did make it work with the new orefinder program for now. I'm gonna end up making two api's I'll make one a movement api and one a gui api. I haven't yet though because I have to update the updater, due to a flaw in my code I don't think I can add more files to the config to be downloaded. So everyone would have to download the new updater manually and after I fix the bug then I will make the updater update automatically also.

New Features to OreFinder
  • New Interface
  • Pause/Resume
  • Save & Exit
  • Refuel
  • Improved Emptying (Empty's anytime)
  • Maximized inventory space
  • Improved saving system (It doesn't constantly save)
  • Improved Code In General
Code not implemented yet, but will be next update. Along with an update to the advanced gui and the updater.
  • Ender chest drop off
  • Progress info in the interface
  • automatic resume (will only resume automatically when the turtle isn't exited from the menu)
  • rednet access (will be easy with the new interface code)
There are a few things you should know about the new inventory system. There is no longer a fuel slot your turtle will refuel when it returns to the chest consuming as much fuel it needs from the items it mined. Also the blocks placed at the top of the holes are now the first ignored item. So if you have Dirt stone and gravel as ignored items then you should put dirt in the first slot, because it will get used as the item to cover the holes with.

I will be making a video when I come out with the updates for the gui and updater.

#163 xxdolcexx

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

your advance ore tinngy dont work any more whit 3.0

http://img585.images...30206000020.png

http://img837.images...30206000024.png

when i pres done he go back to menu

#164 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

View Postxxdolcexx, on 06 February 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

your advance ore tinngy dont work any more whit 3.0

http://img585.images...30206000020.png

http://img837.images...30206000024.png

when i pres done he go back to menu

Will you run "advancedorefinder orefinder.save" it will show you an error if there is one.

#165 sumbrawd

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:54 PM

Everything works fine until I get to putting in the coords. I put in the cords however it doesn't let me select the "done" button. I have no idea if im missing something or if it's a bug. Plz help. Thanks :) 

#166 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

View Postsumbrawd, on 06 February 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

Everything works fine until I get to putting in the coords. I put in the cords however it doesn't let me select the "done" button. I have no idea if im missing something or if it's a bug. Plz help. Thanks :)

All inputs must be variables and y has to be less then 255, then you have to press enter.

#167 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:34 AM

View PostHenness, on 07 February 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

All inputs must be variables and y has to be less then 255, then you have to press enter.
Maybe put this as a message on the GUI.

#168 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:38 AM

View PostTheOriginalBIT, on 07 February 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

View PostHenness, on 07 February 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Maybe put this as a message on the GUI.

I figured it was intuitive... but that seems like its never the case.

#169 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

View PostHenness, on 07 February 2013 - 01:38 AM, said:

I figured it was intuitive... but that seems like its never the case.
Never assume a user will understand. Hell clothes irons say "do not touch plate when on" and "do not iron clothes while on body", which you would think are both common sense. Clearly not. So never assume the smarts of your users.

#170 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:40 AM

View Postsumbrawd, on 06 February 2013 - 08:54 PM, said:

Just thought of something else the "face" section must be 0-3 I'll end up adding a something that clears any lines that are entered incorrectly, and change the message at the top.

#171 sumbrawd

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

ok thanks :) i was typing in the whole word for the face. thanks for dealing with my stupidity :)

#172 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:03 PM

View Postsumbrawd, on 07 February 2013 - 05:08 AM, said:

ok thanks :) i was typing in the whole word for the face. thanks for dealing with my stupidity :)

Np, I figured that's what it was. I might added it so that you can type north south east and west.

#173 theoriginalbit

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostHenness, on 07 February 2013 - 03:40 AM, said:

Just thought of something else the "face" section must be 0-3 I'll end up adding a something that clears any lines that are entered incorrectly, and change the message at the top.
If you wish maybe do something like this
Spoiler

#174 HoraceWeebler

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:21 AM

Slight problem with your function in the orefinder below. Specifically, rednet.open returns NIL- always. See the documentation for confirmation. To this end, you always report no modem even when one is present.

Please update the code to instead check for a timeout to gps.locate, or possibly just check the x, y, z to make sure they have the expected range of values (i.e., not nil or zero, whichever your variables are initially set to).

local function locate()
local x,y,z,facing
if rednet.open("right") then
printCentered("Receiving coordinates from host...", 4)
x,y,z = gps.locate(3)
if x and y and z then
forward()

#175 Andruvan

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

Hi, I've pretty much just started using computercraft and find the turtles to be an incredible tool. First off I want to give a big thank you to Henness for this amazing program which combined with the OreQuarry program makes mining a breeze. :)

I have a bit of an issue with the Advanced Tunnel program though and I don't know how to troubleshoot or resolve it, but I'm hoping someone can give me a few pointers on what I might be doing wrong.

The Advanced Tunnel program has worked fine several times but has now stopped mining blocks.
To be short the issue is that after starting a tunnel program (e.g. 3x8x8) the turtle mines the first block in front of it and then stops, doing nothing. I first encountered this issue with a mining turtle crafted with a ruby pickaxe and thought that might be problem, but the same issue occurred with a newly crafted mining turtle using a diamond pickaxe.
I've tried putting charcoal and coal in all item slots of the turtle and restarting the mining program but it did not help.
I've also tried putting torches in the first slot and choosing to enable torch placement; this did not affect the issue.

Current version:
Minecraft 1.4.7
Direwolf20 mod pack 5.0.1 with the FTB launcher on a Direwolf20 mod pack server.
- Forge 1.4.7-6.6.0.515
- ComputerCraft v1.481
- RedPowerCompat-2.0pr6
- RedPowerCore-2.0pr6
- RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6
- RedPowerMechanical-2.0pr6

Thank you in advance for any help! :)
Kind Regards, André

#176 Henness

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

View PostAndruvan, on 09 February 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

Hi, I've pretty much just started using computercraft and find the turtles to be an incredible tool. First off I want to give a big thank you to Henness for this amazing program which combined with the OreQuarry program makes mining a breeze. :)

I have a bit of an issue with the Advanced Tunnel program though and I don't know how to troubleshoot or resolve it, but I'm hoping someone can give me a few pointers on what I might be doing wrong.

The Advanced Tunnel program has worked fine several times but has now stopped mining blocks.
To be short the issue is that after starting a tunnel program (e.g. 3x8x8) the turtle mines the first block in front of it and then stops, doing nothing. I first encountered this issue with a mining turtle crafted with a ruby pickaxe and thought that might be problem, but the same issue occurred with a newly crafted mining turtle using a diamond pickaxe.
I've tried putting charcoal and coal in all item slots of the turtle and restarting the mining program but it did not help.
I've also tried putting torches in the first slot and choosing to enable torch placement; this did not affect the issue.

Current version:
Minecraft 1.4.7
Direwolf20 mod pack 5.0.1 with the FTB launcher on a Direwolf20 mod pack server.
- Forge 1.4.7-6.6.0.515
- ComputerCraft v1.481
- RedPowerCompat-2.0pr6
- RedPowerCore-2.0pr6
- RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6

Kind Regards, André

The tunnel program is a very old program and has no refuel functionality at all. you have to refuel the turtle before you start mining.

View PostHoraceWeebler, on 09 February 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

Slight problem with your function in the orefinder below. Specifically, rednet.open returns NIL- always. See the documentation for confirmation. To this end, you always report no modem even when one is present.

Please update the code to instead check for a timeout to gps.locate, or possibly just check the x, y, z to make sure they have the expected range of values (i.e., not nil or zero, whichever your variables are initially set to).

local function locate()
local x,y,z,facing
x,y,z = gps.locate(3)
if x and y and z then
forward()

Didn't know that I'll add that to be fixed for the following update.

#177 Andruvan

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

@Henness

Wow, so it was that simple :) I looked up refueling and now it works just fine again!

Much gratitude Henness, and thank you again for this fantastic program.

~André

Spoiler

#178 HoraceWeebler

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostHenness, on 09 February 2013 - 10:18 AM, said:

View PostAndruvan, on 09 February 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

Current version:
Minecraft 1.4.7
- Forge 1.4.7-6.6.0.515
- ComputerCraft v1.481
- RedPowerCompat-2.0pr6
- RedPowerCore-2.0pr6
- RedPowerDigital-2.0pr6

Kind Regards, André

The tunnel program is a very old program and has no refuel functionality at all. you have to refuel the turtle before you start mining.

View PostHoraceWeebler, on 09 February 2013 - 06:21 AM, said:

local function locate()
local x,y,z,facing
x,y,z = gps.locate(3)
if x and y and z then
forward()

Didn't know that I'll add that to be fixed for the following update.

Thank you for the quick feedback. The program is a work of art and I can't wait to not have to type in coords to get my miners going :)

#179 Minithra

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Where does the orefinder turtle drop off? Once it had a full inventory, it just returns to the start position, turns around and leaves.

Nevermind, found the place for a chest.

#180 HoraceWeebler

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:39 PM

I have verified one potential issue with OreFinder. If using an ender chest, sometimes the chest gets backed up from several teams of miners working. The issue is that when a turtle fails to dropoff its inventory, it goes back to mining only to freeze up when it can't mine more blocks. The fix would be to wait at the chest until the turtle's inventory is emptied.

For now, I have a work around, but I just thought you should know.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users