Jupiter - A Customizable OS [1.11]

54 replies to this topic

#41 McLeige

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:33 PM

Is there a way for me to output JupiterOS to my monitor that is hooked up to the side, not just the clock widget

#42 PinYin

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

Widgets are nice, but we need more widgets

#43 Anon10W1z

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

View PostPinYin, on 04 August 2013 - 10:52 AM, said:

Widgets are nice, but we need more widgets
A simple fix would be to learn the easy language known as Lua and make your own.

#44 nnnn20430

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:43 AM

i made a cc forum acount just to say that you are awesome !

#45 eroc8785

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

Hey thank you for the OS I really want to get it working but I am having an issue. I'm not sure if I am diong this right but this is how I did it so you understand fully. I first put down a advanced pc and went to editstart and just saved nothing and exited, then I went to my .minecraft folder in my saved world place under computer craft, I get the corresponding pc folder and edit the startup through notepad, Which I then just copied your code from pastebin and saved it like so. When i go back into the pc, it does show the install and everything but I get an error saying HTTP Not enabled, how do I enable this, thank you so much, I also been trying to install other os'es too but I have failed everytime lol so lets hope I can get this one

#46 DarkenedEvil

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

View Posteroc8785, on 14 November 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

Hey thank you for the OS I really want to get it working but I am having an issue. I'm not sure if I am diong this right but this is how I did it so you understand fully. I first put down a advanced pc and went to editstart and just saved nothing and exited, then I went to my .minecraft folder in my saved world place under computer craft, I get the corresponding pc folder and edit the startup through notepad, Which I then just copied your code from pastebin and saved it like so. When i go back into the pc, it does show the install and everything but I get an error saying HTTP Not enabled, how do I enable this, thank you so much, I also been trying to install other os'es too but I have failed everytime lol so lets hope I can get this one

HTTP API is an api from computercraft that allows computers to connect to the actual internet. It is disabled by default in the computercraft config. To enable it go into the computercraft config and change the value next to "enable_http" to "true" without the quotes. That should fix your http problems.

#47 aaronscz

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:26 PM

how do i install this?

#48 SnappComputerCraft

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

I declare this operating system the official operating system for my clan!

#49 overfritz

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 11:59 PM

I have used Jupiter for a while now, and I dare say it is by far my FAVORITE OS out there. Here's why.

1) It feels like an OS. While many others do (PearOS, KrussOS, and LabyOS for examples) this OS allows you to create shortcuts to files you have obtained via pastebin. This is something hard to find out there.
2) It's very, very customizable compared to the three I mentioned above.
3) It's simply beautiful. Because it allows you to edit and create your own icons, you can design things how you want them.

I honestly can't wait for another update!

#50 Alice

• Members
  • 429 posts
  • LocationBehind you.

Posted 24 February 2014 - 12:56 AM

c: I've used it for a while, and I enjoy it quite a lot. I plan on peeping through the 'widget' system to see a couple of things about the multitasking.
I second your opinion, overfritz, this is a great OS.
Where this OS has customization, I hope mine can provide in functionality c:

#51 omna

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 04:35 PM

you should make a appstore(program to download apps from other persons that have uploaded them to jappstore/jstore) and call it jstore or jappstore or somthing else and a xcode(program for coding apps to your os and upload to the jstore/jappstore) if you do please give me some credit for the idea

and can you make a own vesion for pocket computers that works whit the pocketcomputer screen

#52 Gellis12

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 06:04 PM

Is it possible to make the OS detect the screen size and adapt to it? Because so far, Jupiter isn't really usable on Advanced Turtles or Advanced Pocket Computers. Making it scale to the screen size would probably also let people output the whole display to an external monitor, which is another bonus. Widgets are nice, but some people would rather have the OS on the big screen.

Edited by Gellis12, 02 October 2014 - 02:21 PM.

#53 RealFighter64

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

This is really great. I pretty much love how you can customize everything about the OS, like the programs. I have this on all of my computers! Props to you sir!

#54 Geforce Fan

• Members
  • 846 posts
  • LocationMissouri, United States, America, Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe 42B, Life Street, Multiverse, 4th Dimension

Posted 02 March 2015 - 01:20 AM

I was rather disappointed to open on the file browser and see I couldn't go back to the desktop... or any other program.
An OS is really more of a GUI without the ability to multitask. Put in a multitasking system and this would become a decent OS.
edit: wtf why is a post from 2013 at the top???
I think this may have been necro'd. My apologizes for not noticing this and replying.

Edited by Geforce Fan, 02 March 2015 - 01:25 AM.

#55 Cloud Ninja

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:20 PM

I have a quick suggestion, but first a question. Do you want people that install to ONLY be inside your OS, or are you okay with them being outside of it and being able to edit crap on there own? If not, you should try to sandbox. This is a very nice OS that i love, and i would actually like your help with a personal project.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users