CCDesk PR7.1.1 - CC Networked Emulation Environment

319 replies to this topic

#21 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

This is one of the rare times when I wish I weren't using a Mac. I can't even use Java on Chrome...

#22 Kingdaro

The Doctor

• Members
  • 1,636 posts
  • Location'MURICA

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:35 PM

View Postoeed, on 28 March 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

This is one of the rare times when I wish I weren't using a Mac. I can't even use Java on Chrome...
I'm not sure if the same applies for Mac as it does for Linux, but installing the package "default-jdk" fixed that issue for me.

#23 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:38 PM

View PostKingdaro, on 28 March 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

View Postoeed, on 28 March 2013 - 06:33 PM, said:

I'm not sure if the same applies for Mac as it does for Linux, but installing the package "default-jdk" fixed that issue for me.

Because Chrome is (strangely) 32-bit, when almost all other OS X applications are 64-bit, Java isn't supported on it. And I can't really be bothered installing it on Safari or Firefox.
So anyway, I'm just using my PC to use it.

#24 AfterLifeLochie

Wiki Oracle

• Moderators
  • 480 posts
  • LocationAfterLifeLochie's "Dungeon", Australia

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:40 PM

View PostTheOriginalBIT, on 28 March 2013 - 06:01 PM, said:

View PostAfterLifeLochie, on 28 March 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

PR2 should be out hopefully this weekend - with a much better launcher (pic) and fixed HTTP support (pic). Hoping to fix some more rendering quirks too (pic, red characters are mine and white are the correct places they should be), and get Mac users up and running.
Cool cool.... 2 questions with the "Start Computer". can I press enter in the ID box and it close the form? Can I use labels in the id field and it resolve to an id if the label is in labels.txt?
Computers will only create if you've pressed the OK button. The "ID" box will actually become a multiform, allowing you to enter either a label or an ID (or pick from the list of labelled computers).

#25 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

View PostAfterLifeLochie, on 28 March 2013 - 06:40 PM, said:

Computers will only create if you've pressed the OK button. The "ID" box will actually become a multiform, allowing you to enter either a label or an ID (or pick from the list of labelled computers).
ok cool :D

#26 AfterLifeLochie

Wiki Oracle

• Moderators
  • 480 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Have a lovely video of me doing some bugfixing. If you guys like this kind of stuff - and I know this video isn't the best, I should have used a faster snapshot interval - I'll keep making them. Anyway, this is me fixing depth and rendering layers for PR2 - which will hopefully be ready to go this weekend!

#27 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:08 PM

View PostAfterLifeLochie, on 28 March 2013 - 08:00 PM, said:

Have a lovely video of me doing some bugfixing. If you guys like this kind of stuff - and I know this video isn't the best, I should have used a faster snapshot interval - I'll keep making them. Anyway, this is me fixing depth and rendering layers for PR2 - which will hopefully be ready to go this weekend!

Do this lots. Please and thank you.

#28 AfterLifeLochie

Wiki Oracle

• Moderators
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:11 PM

Here's another video in the approach to PR2. It should be out today or tomorrow, at the latest. This is me fixing graphics and sprites so that characters don't look really strange, and tweaking up the website a little.

#29 Tiin57

Java Lunatic

• Members
  • 1,412 posts
  • LocationIndiana, United States

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

PR2 looks pretty good, Lochie! Can't wait for the API!

#30 AfterLifeLochie

Wiki Oracle

• Moderators
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 06:26 PM

View Posttiin57, on 29 March 2013 - 06:20 PM, said:

PR2 looks pretty good, Lochie! Can't wait for the API!

Thanks!

You can watch the PR2 chapter of CCDesk - this is how updates and builds are pushed and finalized to the server. You're watching the actual birth of PR2!

#31 superaxander

• Members
  • 609 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:16 PM

That prerelease looks good

#32 Kingdaro

The Doctor

• Members
  • 1,636 posts
  • Location'MURICA

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:14 AM

I love how much better the color is on this. Though there are massive amounts of flickering on some programs with more drawing operations, it's only a beta, so that's to be expected.

#33 AfterLifeLochie

Wiki Oracle

• Moderators
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 11:51 AM

View PostKingdaro, on 30 March 2013 - 06:14 AM, said:

I love how much better the color is on this. Though there are massive amounts of flickering on some programs with more drawing operations, it's only a beta, so that's to be expected.
If you can give me some examples of programs which flicker, that'd be greatly appreciated. I probably either did something wrong in my derpy rendering or something else somewhere, so tracking it down is a high priority.

#34 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationThe Sammich Kingdom

Posted 31 March 2013 - 09:17 AM

How do you delete a computer in the desktop version?

#35 AfterLifeLochie

Wiki Oracle

• Moderators
  • 480 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostSammich Lord, on 31 March 2013 - 09:17 AM, said:

How do you delete a computer in the desktop version?
Currently you can't. My bad. :P

#36 Kingdaro

The Doctor

• Members
  • 1,636 posts
  • Location'MURICA

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:11 AM

View PostAfterLifeLochie, on 30 March 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

If you can give me some examples of programs which flicker, that'd be greatly appreciated. I probably either did something wrong in my derpy rendering or something else somewhere, so tracking it down is a high priority.
I only tested my Canvas program. The same would probably happen with oeed's OS, and maybe Lyqyd's, but to a lesser degree.

#37 AfterLifeLochie

Wiki Oracle

• Moderators
  • 480 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:16 AM

View PostKingdaro, on 31 March 2013 - 11:11 AM, said:

View PostAfterLifeLochie, on 30 March 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

I only tested my Canvas program. The same would probably happen with oeed's OS, and maybe Lyqyd's, but to a lesser degree.
I haven't been able to replicate this issue at my end. The only thing I can suggest is that you ensure other OpenGL applications (such as Minecraft or other emulators) aren't open - it does have some strange resource issues. You should also try the Desktop version, as the browser itself may be doing something unusual - a common occurrence the last few days.

If this doesn't fix the problem, then I'll need to do more testing for the next release.

#38 FuuuAInfiniteLoop(F.A.I.L)

• Banned
  • 435 posts
  • LocationThe left part of this post

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

crash: windows 8 pro and 7 ultimate, desktop and web version: When you click on throw unhandle crash, it crsah with this text
Spoiler

#39 AfterLifeLochie

Wiki Oracle

• Moderators
  • 480 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 11:31 AM

View Posturielsalis, on 31 March 2013 - 11:20 AM, said:

crash: windows 8 pro and 7 ultimate, desktop and web version: When you click on throw unhandle crash, it crsah with this text
This has been reported over and over and over. It's not a bug, it's an intended test function to make sure the emulator handles stopping correctly if it crashes.

Don't touch the debug menu unless you've been asked/need to. The options are there to test internals.

#40 Shnupbups

• Members
  • 596 posts
  • LocationThat place over there. Y'know. The one where I am.

Posted 31 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

I'm loving it! [/mcdonaldsad] This is great and I can't wait to see it improve over time with peripherals etc.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users