ComputerCraft Games

27 replies to this topic

#1 TheOddByte

Lazy Coder

• Members
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:05 AM

Hello I've recently started making a site that I thought would be for computercraft games and I thought if anyone would be interested to help out making it, And by that I don't mean anything with anyone being a code slave for me since I have done some and will continue doing stuff, But I'm not that experienced with HTML yet, I have tested using CSS a little and well I'll try to upload some screenshots soon as possible

I have not uploaded any off this yet since I'm just testing it as an .html file and see how it turns out.
And does anyone know any good webhost?
I have googled but the results are just crappy that I find so I thought it would be easier to ask you guys.
I have already tried 000webhost.com and I can say that I did'nt quite like it, IDK why but I just don't + that they never sent me the verification email message that I should have gotten and I have looked in junk mail and everything and can't find it, And I can't even find the send verification email again button(If there even is one)
Btw is anyone using Koding.com? So I know if it's good.. I have requested an invite already.
But back to the topic... So is there anyone that would be interested to help out?
Since I thought they could help me with like displaying the latest game uploaded on the home page or something so the site isn't that empty.

#2 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationThe Sammich Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:10 AM

Would be quite easy to make the site. You can get a web host for like $5(USD) a month. I will be happy to help you out if you need it.

Koding.com is very nice. I have some spare invites too. But it is kinda a pain to set everything up such as a MySQL database and FTP.

I am pretty good with HTML5/CSS3. I also have pretty good knowledge of PHP.

#3 TheOddByte

Lazy Coder

• Members
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 09 April 2013 - 11:44 AM

Sure you can help, I have sent you an pm. :)

#4 GravityScore

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationLand of Meh

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:41 PM

View PostSammich Lord, on 09 April 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

But it is kinda a pain to set everything up such as a MySQL database and FTP.

Did you see the Manage Databases button (in develop, at the bottom of the file viewer, there's a pull up tab, and a button inside of it called manage databases)? Or were you creating and modifying databases through the terminal?

#5 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

View PostGravityScore, on 09 April 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

View PostSammich Lord, on 09 April 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

But it is kinda a pain to set everything up such as a MySQL database and FTP.

Did you see the Manage Databases button (in develop, at the bottom of the file viewer, there's a pull up tab, and a button inside of it called manage databases)? Or were you creating and modifying databases through the terminal?
I was going do it via the terminal. :P

#6 Azhf

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • LocationMurrika

Posted 09 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

Yes, koding,com is VERY good, at least for me :L Anyways, I might make Truman's Fears: CC Edition, which will be the same thing written in Lua. Wish me luck, if you want, you could put it on there when I am done, however, I am focusing more on the CMD version right now as CC doesn't seem to be working for me atm.

#7 remiX

• Members
  • 2,076 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:12 AM

Yeah it is brilliant, and it's still in beta! Imagine when it comes out of beta!

I'll also be glad to help if needed :P

#8 QuantumGrav

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:23 AM

I'd be really happy to see this get off the ground. Unfortunately, I can't help out with coding or anything, I just don't know the languages. I'm curious as to the motivation for it though. We have the forums and pastebin, what is the benefit of having this site, besides being awesome?

#9 Smiley43210

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 08:45 AM

I can help with PHP

#10 TheOddByte

Lazy Coder

• Members
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:17 AM

Sure remiX and Smiley you can help,
@QuantumGrav
The one thing that were good that you could easily find games and not alot of other programs like doorlocks and os(operative systems)

#11 Smiley43210

• Members
  • 204 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 12:40 AM

Ok, I gotta say, those posts for so called "OS"s get really irritating. Most are just locks with some games or just a 20 line script that doesn't even work. I mean, seriously.

#12 LordIkol

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 12 April 2013 - 01:19 AM

View PostSmiley43210, on 12 April 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

Ok, I gotta say, those posts for so called "OS"s get really irritating. Most are just locks with some games or just a 20 line script that doesn't even work. I mean, seriously.

i guess 80% of this "OS"s are put together out of the Ask a Pro Forum, cause 60% of the people there start their Questions with "I am making an OS and i want......" :D

Back to topic: I would love to see this Site online but i can not help with it. Cause i have no idea about design :D
I could do some basic PHP stuff but i think with Remix, Smiley and Sammich you have a lot of Coding Power :D

#13 TheOddByte

Lazy Coder

• Members
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:04 AM

Yeah you're right :D
How could the site not become awesome with their help..?

I'll add those involved to the conversation that all is on.

And btw I had an idea that when the site is done I'll try to make a Lua application to download games easily from the CC computer ingame.. :)
That's on the site ofcourse..

#14 Engineer

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 12 April 2013 - 07:07 AM

View PostHellkid98, on 12 April 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

And btw I had an idea that when the site is done I'll try to make a Lua application to download games easily from the CC computer ingame.. :)

Its possible to do that without having a 'raw' code page. But when you have that raw page, it simplifies a lot.
I have an idea how to download it from a non-raw page, and I want to make that program if you dont want to do that yourself, well, go ahead!:P

#15 remiX

• Members
  • 2,076 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:41 AM

Raw code is always good :P

But string.gmatch B)

#16 TheOddByte

Lazy Coder

• Members
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 April 2013 - 08:53 AM

View PostEngineer, on 12 April 2013 - 07:07 AM, said:

View PostHellkid98, on 12 April 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

Its possible to do that without having a 'raw' code page. But when you have that raw page, it simplifies a lot.
I have an idea how to download it from a non-raw page, and I want to make that program if you dont want to do that yourself, well, go ahead! :P
Sure you can do it... Would save me time to study for my test tomorrow :P
I'll pm you when the site is near completion

#17 Spongy141

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • Location'Merica

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:29 AM

Here use this for free site hosting. No need to pay for something when you can get it for free :P

#18 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostSpongy141, on 15 April 2013 - 07:29 AM, said:

Here use this for free site hosting. No need to pay for something when you can get it for free :P
I always prefer payed hosting. I will be upgrading my host soon and will be able to host everything for free with a actual domain too.

#19 Spongy141

• Members
  • 526 posts
  • Location'Merica

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

^
Once (when I still was making websites) I was stupid enough to buy one that costed like $200 for 2 years... and it was extremely crappy, so that's why I usually recommend free hosting. Since you can't really get ripped off.

#20 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

View PostSpongy141, on 15 April 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

^
Once (when I still was making websites) I was stupid enough to buy one that costed like $200 for 2 years... and it was extremely crappy, so that's why I usually recommend free hosting. Since you can't really get ripped off.
I normally get unlimited hosting for like $5 a month from places. If I want full control I can buy a full server for $5-10 a month.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users