networking utility media

77 replies to this topic

#1 JackCarterSmith

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationTrain factory

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:34 AM

Hey !

I started to rewrite LyokOS, always in idea of a cross-session communication and functionality.
Be patient for a new and better quality code than the last (poor) LyokOS !

Old topic :

LyokOS is designed by myself program, the OS is coded in French, English, Spanish and Italian (Select during setup) and allows you to send mails (only on LyokOS network, next support for gmail, yahoo, etc ...), manage site, multi-user online mode or offline, Text Editor, Calculator, ccYouTube, Auto-Updater, AppStore, Games and more ;)

PLEASE READ THIS !
This program is like all other programs written by me is protected against copying, if you need to retrieve pieces of source code, you must follow this:
- Do not make full copy of the source code, just the idea.
- The words "Inspired by the work of JackCarterSmith" must appear at the beginning of all source code of your program.
- And of course let me know by PM.

Only programs of other coders are subject to their rules...

Various components of LyokOS:

- App Store (NEW !) :
The AppStore is a small addition to managing disk space and content available on the pc. This program garant you to have access applications, this programs are available on : ccTube, Maze, Pong, EggClicker, Thaumcraft-Research-Helper, Laser, GoldRunner and Ice-Browser

- The login system:
The new identification program provides a more increased security and be on that nobody can watch your mailbox (All potential flaws are corrected and try my small team of beta tester) If you can still find a fault, thank you to inform me by PM and not take the opportunity to ask us problem. The display was also improved, using the mouse as possible, and interface more attractive.

- Desktop:
The desktop was especially improved for Advanced Computers, this one still contains the original functionality, but with an updated interface, clock and menu programs.

- Mail
The Mail program is a revolution for the cross-communication, YES ! You can send message for any user who want LyokOS account...in any party of minecraft : single and multi and any server ! It's a very big advance for the LyokOS project.
The Mail program is temporarily unavailable for a large service ... To come: New interface, greater management drinks mail additions Trash and address book, thinning program.

- Bank (In Dev...)
IN DEV...

- Text Editor
Finally an editor worthy of the name, thank you to "wieselkatze" for his program 'LuaEdit', his editor was custom to match for LyokOS.

Screenshots :
Spoiler
Download :
Current version : 4.3
pastebin get H7ZQtZ43 LyokOS or pastebin run H7ZQtZ43 (CC1.6+)

Change logs :
4.3 :
- Fix minors bugs
- Add a new editor programs
- Add a real clock
- Rewrited the authentification system

Comming soon :
- GUI for mail manager
- Can delete account
- More usefull translation

If you encounter any bugs, thank you to notif me !

Mail : clic

Edited by JackCarterSmith, 02 October 2018 - 05:08 PM.

#2 Kingdaro

The Doctor

• Members
  • 1,636 posts
  • Location'MURICA

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:40 AM

parallel.waitForAll(downloadFiles)

Why use a parallel for one function?

#3 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationThe Sammich Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:52 AM

Can you post some more information about it?

#4 JackCarterSmith

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationTrain factory

Posted 16 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

View PostKingdaro, on 16 April 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

Function allows the parallel future update to add additional actions...

#5 1lann

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:26 PM

View PostNexus, on 16 April 2013 - 07:29 PM, said:

View PostKingdaro, on 16 April 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

Function allows the parallel future update to add additional actions...
You should do
--parallel.waitForAny(downloadFiles)
downloadFiles()
for efficiency anyways.

#6 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:40 PM

With your site...

You need to do something about your background image. It took me about 15 seconds to open the image.
I would recommend removing the plain grey and make it transparent then position the vault using a div and css. Also save it as a jpeg, its only about 97 kb but I think your server is rather slow (although it may be because its so far away).

I am aware that you are French, but if you want non-French speakers to be able to use it you may want to add an English version, I'm using Chrome so it doesn't really matter. You might just want to think about this though.

Also, why no right clicking???

Anyway...
Nice work on this, it's looking good.

#7 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 April 2013 - 11:48 PM

View Postoeed, on 16 April 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

Also save it as a jpeg, its only about 97 kb
Nope. PNG. More compatible, smaller (when done right) and actually supports transparency.

#8 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 01:43 AM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 16 April 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

View Postoeed, on 16 April 2013 - 11:40 PM, said:

Also save it as a jpeg, its only about 97 kb
Nope. PNG. More compatible, smaller (when done right) and actually supports transparency.

Well, yes. But as you said, only when done right. It's easier to reduce the size with out fancy applications by just saving it as jpeg. Although I did forget about the transparency.

#9 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 04:34 AM

Not to mention my anti-virus goes off when I visit your site. May want to get that checked out. Not sure if it only me getting the security warning though.

#10 JackCarterSmith

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationTrain factory

Posted 17 April 2013 - 06:53 AM

Hello,

Thank you for your comments which I will probably be useful ...
Now treat subjects per case:

oeed -> For the image that can be changed within 10 min to slow my site, it may be logical: my site is hosted on my computer at work... However I can send you a trick to use my OS without going through the site... Next to English, I'm working on an English version of my OS as well as a bi-lingual version of my site as well.
And right click is restricted to had a way to copy the sources of my site, even though there may be flaws can...

Lord Sammich -> For you, I do not know what can be the cause of your problem, then I have no answer...

#11 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:46 AM

View PostNexus, on 17 April 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Hello,

Thank you for your comments which I will probably be useful ...
Now treat subjects per case:

oeed -> For the image that can be changed within 10 min to slow my site, it may be logical: my site is hosted on my computer at work... However I can send you a trick to use my OS without going through the site... Next to English, I'm working on an English version of my OS as well as a bi-lingual version of my site as well.
And right click is restricted to had a way to copy the sources of my site, even though there may be flaws can...

Lord Sammich -> For you, I do not know what can be the cause of your problem, then I have no answer...

What's wrong with allowing people to view your source? It's easily done with out right clicking, on Chrome I just go to View > Developer > Developer Console.

#12 Sammich Lord

IRC Addict

• Members
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:51 AM

I can easily just grab the site with multiple languages in pull the source. Here is simple Lua code to grab the site's source:
local content = http.get('http://url.tld')
print(content.readAll())
content.close()
Easy enough to do.

#13 JackCarterSmith

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationTrain factory

Posted 17 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

View Postoeed, on 17 April 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

What's wrong with allowing people to view your source? It's easily done with out right clicking, on Chrome I just go to View > Developer > Developer Console.
This is true, unfortunately I do not have a lot of solution with respect to this issue, the first could be to check the IP of the PC that sends a request to the site, it will be in localhost. Could you help me with this idea?

#14 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 08:33 PM

View PostNexus, on 17 April 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

View Postoeed, on 17 April 2013 - 11:46 AM, said:

This is true, unfortunately I do not have a lot of solution with respect to this issue, the first could be to check the IP of the PC that sends a request to the site, it will be in localhost. Could you help me with this idea?

I don't understand. I'm saying that there is not point in trying to blocking access to your source code. First of all it's pretty much impossible, and it's nice for people to be able to learn from your code.

#15 JackCarterSmith

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationTrain factory

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:18 PM

Not fake, I first thought of protect to protect the site from XSS ...

#16 1lann

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 17 April 2013 - 10:51 PM

View PostNexus, on 17 April 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

How does blocking right clicking protect the site from client-side script viruses...

#17 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 11:53 PM

View Post1lann, on 17 April 2013 - 10:51 PM, said:

View PostNexus, on 17 April 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

How does blocking right clicking protect the site from client-side script viruses...

We'll never know :P

#18 Dlcruz129

What's a Lua?

• Members
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 02:58 AM

How did you print an á?

#19 JackCarterSmith

• Members
  • 68 posts
  • LocationTrain factory

Posted 18 April 2013 - 04:24 AM

View PostDlcruz129, on 18 April 2013 - 02:58 AM, said:

How did you print an á?
Probably the character table that I use to enter my code is French because I am French and my code 90% French ... But I intend to add an English version ...

#20 Zudo

• Members
  • 800 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 April 2013 - 05:11 AM

Lol i can get past the right click blocker by click "Prevent this page from creating further dialogs" in firefox

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users