[API] MonAPI - Create 'sections' on monitors

22 replies to this topic

#1 Shazz

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:39 PM

This project has been discontinued due to the addition of the window API in ComputerCraft 1.6 which essentially does the same thing. However, you can check out multiMon which allows you to have multiple monitors!

Spoiler

Edited by Shazz, 20 April 2014 - 05:54 PM.

#2 Tjakka5

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

I like it :D

#3 Shazz

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:57 PM

View PostTjakka5, on 21 June 2013 - 02:42 PM, said:

I like it :D

Thank you, any feature you want to see added?

#4 bjornir90

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

Looks so cool ! Could you explain how you did this because I don't totally understand your code .... apparently you have made some virtual monitor from what I understood

#5 Shazz

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 05:25 PM

View Postbjornir90, on 21 June 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Looks so cool ! Could you explain how you did this because I don't totally understand your code .... apparently you have made some virtual monitor from what I understood

It's not that complicated but basically what I've done is everytime a section is created, it returns it's own list of functions which call the real monitor functions and do the things (wrapper functions). Obviously there is some validating done, so you can't draw outside the section's boundaries, etc. So yeah, each section is pretty much like a virtual monitor.

#6 GuachaFTW

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

I´m sorry for this, but, I'm new to CC and Lua and Didn't Understand your API at all, and I love it, so I would like you to help me understanding your API which i'm so interested in, Maybe you can upload an example (Because the video Didn't explain anything at all), Thank you

#7 Shazz

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

View PostGuachaFTW, on 25 June 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

I´m sorry for this, but, I'm new to CC and Lua and Didn't Understand your API at all, and I love it, so I would like you to help me understanding your API which i'm so interested in, Maybe you can upload an example (Because the video Didn't explain anything at all), Thank you

I just realized that I put the "Here is the code:" part but never actually added the code. Derp. Anyway, I've added the code for the example program now! Hope that helps.

#8 GuachaFTW

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostShazz, on 25 June 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

I just realized that I put the "Here is the code:" part but never actually added the code. Derp. Anyway, I've added the code for the example program now! Hope that helps.

Thank you a lot for this minimal correction that may seem very Derp (and it is), But was very helpful, even with my minimal experience, I could understand the example very clearly, I really love your API and I'll always use it in my APi's folder, thank you and continue the good work

#9 Shazz

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 05:11 PM

View PostGuachaFTW, on 26 June 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

View PostShazz, on 25 June 2013 - 09:26 PM, said:

Thank you a lot for this minimal correction that may seem very Derp (and it is), But was very helpful, even with my minimal experience, I could understand the example very clearly, I really love your API and I'll always use it in my APi's folder, thank you and continue the good work

Thank you and sorry for the derp earlier.

#10 svdragster

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

Really great work!

#11 Shazz

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

View Postsvdragster, on 02 July 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

Really great work!

Thank you very much! Any feature you would like to see?

#12 BlankWolf

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

This is so awesome.
I hope you don't mind me to borrow your idea and try to make this by my self.

#13 Shazz

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:23 AM

View PostBlankWolf, on 04 July 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

This is so awesome.

I don't mind at all. It's good that you want to learn it yourself!

#14 BlankWolf

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

View PostShazz, on 04 July 2013 - 11:23 AM, said:

View PostBlankWolf, on 04 July 2013 - 03:15 AM, said:

This is so awesome.

I don't mind at all. It's good that you want to learn it yourself!

Thanks. And maybe I post here a link to my program or somthing like that, when I'm ready.

#15 computercraftprogrammer

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Location$house->Earth->MilkyWay->Universe;

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

Very useful * Evil face * I will run the entire CC list of programs ever on 1 monitor >:D (Would break)

#16 Shazz

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

View PostUMayBleed, on 04 July 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

Very useful * Evil face * I will run the entire CC list of programs ever on 1 monitor > :D (Would break)

You could possibly do that and have 'dual monitors'.

#17 coaster3000

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey USA

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

A nice feature would be to use the api on the same computer (No peripheral wrap) So that way I can divide my screen up :D

It would be useful for windows in a program I think.

Also the ability to move sections around.

Question: Can I attempt to recreate api? I am not gonna publish it though. Its for learning process. I can however give you link if I manage to make it.

I am trying to practice making things for Survival world use If I don't have access to internet :)

#18 Shazz

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

Go ahead, recreate it if you want. It's better for yourself as you'll learn more. You don't have to ask especially if you're not going to publish it.

About your suggestion, I might just port this API so that it is compatible with computers.

#19 Galactica4

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:44 AM

View PostShazz, on 08 July 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

Go ahead, recreate it if you want. It's better for yourself as you'll learn more. You don't have to ask especially if you're not going to publish it.

About your suggestion, I might just port this API so that it is compatible with computers.
Really cool API I really like it
Can I PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE add it in my new OS I am making? I will credit you accordingly in the inbuilt credits file as well as on the forums when I post it

#20 Shazz

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 07:02 PM

View PostGalactica4, on 11 July 2013 - 05:44 AM, said:

View PostShazz, on 08 July 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

Really cool API I really like it
Can I PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE add it in my new OS I am making? I will credit you accordingly in the inbuilt credits file as well as on the forums when I post it

Sure go ahead :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users