Voting System 2.0 (Updated)

computer networking peripheral

3 replies to this topic

#1 TheeIntrepidGamer

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:56 AM

I made this program so you are able to setup a booth/server where people can vote inside of your computercraft supported servers.
It is very easy to setup. Watch the v1.0 video to see how to setup the system. Then watch the v2.0 video to see what I added to the system.

V 1.0 (Highly Obsolete):
Spoiler

V 2.0:
Spoiler

#2 Sxw

• Members
  • 306 posts
  • LocationWhenever, Wherever!

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

Cool program, but you could do a few things to make it better.
Put it on pastebin, so people can download it easier, and put the code in spoilers to save space.
Also I highly recommend against logging in with minecraft, instead let them use player detectors from Miscperipherals or bio locks from GopherATL's peripherals.
See http://www.computerc...973#entry134973

#3 TheeIntrepidGamer

• Members
  • 12 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 August 2013 - 05:41 PM

Thanks, I'll take a look on using the Misc Peripherals player detector, and put the code in spoilers. I do have both of the programs below the video at the top of the page, on pastebin. Thanks for showing me that post about implementing the minecraft login system. I'll be sure to try and use player detectors in 2.0.

#4 DeweySalt

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • LocationIn a galaxy far far away, aka New York

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:42 AM

Using the minecraft login system to authenticate things is highly suggested against. Even if the original code doesn't steal passwords, someone could easily edit it to do so.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users