Where Should I Find Lists Of Different Api's?

2 replies to this topic

#1 Th3RadMan

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 01:17 AM

I'm new to programming (duh) and there are like a million API's to learn... at least it feels like it. I have looked at the computercraft wiki but that (as far as I know) only gives you a few of the API's available. I have seen people make insane monitor programs and I want to learn, but I can't find where all the different API's are...

any help?

Thanks!

#2 OmegaVest

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:09 AM

When you are on the computer, you can type "apis" into the command line interface to find a list of all loaded apis. If you use help <api>, you can get some basic information about those apis. And monitor is a peripheral api, which I don't really remember if it can be used that way. . . Otherwise, you can look at the Monitor wiki page for the api.

And, for the wiki api list, it is complete except for the peripheral apis, which are linked to from the peripheral api page.

#3 ZagKalidor

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:57 AM

The api's, that you are talking about, are made by those coders to support their goals. Maybe like the "button-api" Cc comes with standard api's that do all that is needed to let it work for you, but if you want more, you have to do it on your own. There are some downloadable "ready to use" api's in the program section of this forum. Btw: you could do coroutines , or just functions, on your own, to feed your needs, you dont have to download lot's of api's for this and that.

You also dont have to learn millions of api's. If you learn the lua language, there is nothing more you could need, because you can do all you want on your own.

Maybe except of those api's that come with a mod like the sensor api that comes with ocs f.e. those api's give you the functionality of the mods add ons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users