51 replies to this topic

#21 Dreamlash

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

View PostWolvan, on 23 March 2012 - 06:54 PM, said:

future asteroids CC version?

View Postlegomaniack, on 22 March 2012 - 11:43 PM, said:

Working on a space ship game.... dodge and shoot asteroids as you fly through space!

#22 SquareMan

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

I think i'll tackle the Tetris game, sounds like a good challenge for an early program

#23 kaziu687

• New Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 March 2012 - 09:18 PM

Working on tic tac toe via rednet, share soon :o/>

#24 Robd

• New Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 02:07 AM

Pacman: World's hardest Game. If someone makes that I'll give them a big kiss. I might start working on it myself if i think to.

#25 Klausar

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:06 PM

I can't start tunnel, its giving me an error in column 57

#26 mrminer8888

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

pong doesn't work.......... no one can lose :P/>

#27 mrminer8888

• New Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

im getting an error for tunnel on line 154

#28 Klausar

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

View Postmrminer8888, on 30 June 2012 - 05:32 PM, said:

im getting an error for tunnel on line 154
same problem.

#29 Deathknight0897

• New Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:48 PM

Pong isn't working at all key inputs are dead for some reason

#30 nitrogenfingers

Lua Professor

• Members
  • 551 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:32 AM

I've developed a few games for ComputerCraft, and it'd be cool to have them included as part of this project, iff your dev team is keen.

I wrote LaserBlast, a little bit like Missile Command I think would be a nice addition, and I'm still working on a Ultima-style RPG (that will take some time).

#31 ssandiss

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

Tunnel is giving me a error on line 24?

#32 drathek

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

Just to get it working for a friend I have debugged the tunnel program (mainly how it writes the high score) and had the game restart after a game ends. The code can be cleaned up more but it works.

Be sure to delete the old tunnel_hs program!

http://pastebin.com/JRQyisfJ

PS: This game drastically needs more difficulty - the default position is almost a perfect win lol.

#33 Skullblade

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationThe Big Apple, NY

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

View Postssandiss, on 11 July 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

View Postdrathek, on 25 January 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

Just to get it working for a friend I have debugged the tunnel program (mainly how it writes the high score) and had the game restart after a game ends. The code can be cleaned up more but it works.

PS: This game drastically needs more difficulty - the default position is almost a perfect win lol.
notice timestamps....
Plz PLz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz don't bump.......your 1st post is a bump...good start

#34 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:11 PM

View PostSkullblade, on 25 January 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

notice timestamps....
Plz PLz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz don't bump.......your 1st post is a bump...good start

Just as a note, I haven't seen anywhere that says bumping is not allowed if it's for a good reason: however I don't think that this qualifies as one.

#35 Skullblade

• Members
  • 470 posts
  • LocationThe Big Apple, NY

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:27 PM

It's annoying though and threads have been locked solely because some1 bumped it...

#36 drathek

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostSkullblade, on 25 January 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

View Postssandiss, on 11 July 2012 - 07:40 AM, said:

View Postdrathek, on 25 January 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

notice timestamps....

Really?

I could care less about the time stamps - its still valid code and just needed to be polished up a bit, which is exactly what I did since my friend had an interest in these two programs. I did everyone a favor by sharing the work - sorry for joining a forum for a computer language and doing some programming.

I could understand your argument if I got on a old topic and said "hey why dont dis work" - but contributing to something, especially to get it to a stable/working version, is different.

#37 Cranium

Ninja Scripter

• Moderators
  • 4,031 posts
  • LocationLincoln, Nebraska

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:22 PM

I understand that the thread was revived from the dead, but I do believe this is benevolent necromancy. The bump did provide additional, and helpful content. I don't have a problem with it.

#38 Bubba

Use Code Tags!

• Moderators
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationRHIT

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

View Postdrathek, on 25 January 2013 - 06:14 PM, said:

I could care less about the time stamps - its still valid code and just needed to be polished up a bit, which is exactly what I did since my friend had an interest in these two programs. I did everyone a favor by sharing the work - sorry for joining a forum for a computer language and doing some programming.

Edit: Cranium the ninja has ninja'd me.
I think Skullblade's response was a bit drastic, but if you want to share your program I think perhaps the best way to do so would be by making a new topic rather than reviving a dead one. It's good to see new members coding so please don't be offended by this.

On the topic of the code itself, it looks pretty good with the exception that you (and/or the original creator) did not localize any code. Although not vital to performance or any such thing, it is a good habit to get into (I don't know if you know about environments and the global [_G] table yet, but when you do not localize you are essentially spamming it with unnecessary functions and variables). Other than that good job :)

Edit: Additionally, the gameplay itself is a bit easy at first - perhaps you should ramp up the difficulty slightly more quickly. And there's a rendering issue which you might want to take care of when somebody enters a name for the high score that exceeds the space you have available to render it, meaning that the name wraps down to the next few lines and messes up the game.

#39 drathek

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:34 PM

View PostBubba, on 25 January 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

I think Skullblade's response was a bit drastic, but if you want to share your program I think perhaps the best way to do so would be by making a new topic rather than reviving a dead one. It's good to see new members coding so please don't be offended by this.

On the topic of the code itself, it looks pretty good with the exception that you (and/or the original creator) did not localize any code. Although not vital to performance or any such thing, it is a good habit to get into (I don't know if you know about environments and the global [_G] table yet, but when you do not localize you are essentially spamming it with unnecessary functions and variables). Other than that good job :)

I don't think it would be really fair to repost this program when 99% of it wasn't made by me. All I really changed was a new line in the tunnel_hs so it would read it correctly, and then put the main program into a function that can be called again at the end. A lot of the variables (especially at the start of the gamestart function) could have been trimmed down but I didn't take the time to figure out what one(s) in particular was causing the program to not reset correctly, but thanks.

#40 brett122798

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationIn the TARDIS at an unknown place in time.

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:55 PM

View Postdrathek, on 25 January 2013 - 06:34 PM, said:

View PostBubba, on 25 January 2013 - 06:24 PM, said:

I don't think it would be really fair to repost this program when 99% of it wasn't made by me. All I really changed was a new line in the tunnel_hs so it would read it correctly, and then put the main program into a function that can be called again at the end. A lot of the variables (especially at the start of the gamestart function) could have been trimmed down but I didn't take the time to figure out what one(s) in particular was causing the program to not reset correctly, but thanks.
This topic has obviously been abandoned. So the point is, why revive an abandoned topic?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users