[MC 1.6.4/1.7.2/1.7.10] [CC 1.5x/1.6x] Computronics (0.6.0) - Audio tapes! Cameras! Encryption!

39 replies to this topic

#21 cherbert

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 01:39 PM

In a future version of this module is there no way the locomotive relay can be coded in a way that it reads the locomotive destination from a track sensor? I have an extensive rail network under development and it will require many relays. Firstly it seems you can only bind one relay to one loco. Thats problem 1. Problem 2 is even if you could bind a loco to multiple relays the task of rebinding that loco to relays spread out across miles of track would be near impossible - you simply cannot guarantee the survival of any particular loco as an entity.

I basically want to track a locomotive as it moves up the line - using the route name as an unique ID and route code and feeding that info a software program that displays estimated time of arrivals at on platform display monitors.

#22 gustavowizard

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 06:05 PM

hello, first of all, good job there! this mod have potential

some questions, does your camera can recorrd real images from the game or just lines like you can do with the demo u made?
if no is there a mod that does it?

what are those 'colored lights' ? how they work?

#23 adam1972

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:11 AM

Are there ANY helpful wiki's out there for this? I went to the wiki that the Speaking Turtle link takes you to: " http://mc.shinonome....at_box#chat_box" and other than :

• say(message) - says a message within the chatbox distance.

• An event is sent every time the Chat Box receives a message. The name of the event is “chat_message”, the first parameter is the username and the second parameter is the message.
This really doesn't explain how to use the turtles chat box functionality at all... I can't find ANY videos nor tutorials... ANYONE have a clue how to use this mod (specifically chatbox with turtles????) :wacko: :blink:

#24 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

It describes it perfectly well for me, at least.

local chat = peripheral.wrap( "side" ) --#wrap the peripheral
chat.say( "hi" ) --#says hi in chat
local event, user, message = os.pullEvent( "chat_message" ) --#get a message from a player

Edited by KingofGamesYami, 19 November 2014 - 03:17 PM.

#25 adam1972

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 03:42 PM

I sincerely appreciate the response and your time :)

I'm just starting out, and it seems that after wrapping the peripheral it becomes dynamic as to what else you can follow through with. It makes sense to you because you're obviously more familiar.. I'm teaching myself using tutorials and youtube... I'd been hoping for info on the parameters and their usage.. typical tutorial or wiki delineating it's usage; "this is the function and this is how you go about using inside your code " for Dummies :D
I can see through your example that you wrap the peripheral to whatever side it's on.. but the idea behind calling the os.pullEvent... why would you wait for a chat message from the user? I assume this mod allowed the turtle to chat messages that you could code into a function.... :blink: :ph34r:

#26 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:04 PM

View Postadam1972, on 19 November 2014 - 03:42 PM, said:

I sincerely appreciate the response and your time :)/>

I'm just starting out, and it seems that after wrapping the peripheral it becomes dynamic as to what else you can follow through with. It makes sense to you because you're obviously more familiar.. I'm teaching myself using tutorials and youtube... I'd been hoping for info on the parameters and their usage.. typical tutorial or wiki delineating it's usage; "this is the function and this is how you go about using inside your code " for Dummies :D/>
I can see through your example that you wrap the peripheral to whatever side it's on.. but the idea behind calling the os.pullEvent... why would you wait for a chat message from the user? I assume this mod allowed the turtle to chat messages that you could code into a function.... :blink: :ph34r:
You don't have to pull chat messages if you don't want to. However, the ability is there, if you like (chatting commands to your turtle and such).

#27 adam1972

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 05:45 PM

Kool....
IF you wouldn't mind.... Would you mind clarifying how it would be done?
once I declare the function .. say,

function turtleChat()
local chat = peripheral.wrap( "right" ) --#wrap the peripheral using your code
local event, user, message = os.pullEvent( "chat_message" ) --#get a message from a player using your code
end

Now I presume that "chat.say("hi")--#says hi in chat " is used in order for the turtle to say "hi", so it's not needed in the function?
But then how would I get the turtle to say something instead of say printing it??

Again, thank you for your patience and time :)

#28 KingofGamesYami

• Members
  • 3,002 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 07:47 PM

I wouldn't wrap the peripheral inside a function that will be used multiple times, perhaps if I had some idea of what you were going to use this for I could advise you further.

#29 adam1972

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 08:16 PM

Basic.. Like I'm teaching myself functions and sometime I get ahead of myself.. so I tend to write in code so I know for example at what part of a loop the turtle is on.. so I'll stick "print("I'm blah blah blah on this step")" at certain part of a function or program in order to better get an idea of what's happening and where things go wrong. I'll have my turtles print out comments every so many loops to give myself the illusion that they complain... Nothing big.. lol I'd rather have them say it in chat than print though.. :)

#30 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 20 November 2014 - 12:05 AM

View Postadam1972, on 19 November 2014 - 05:11 AM, said:

-snip-
I really suggest that you start with the Ask a Pro series, a relevant tutorial would be Peripheral Basics. I also suggest that you familiarise yourself with Lua by reading the PIL.

#31 adam1972

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 November 2014 - 01:15 AM

Roger That!! Thank you very much!! ;)

#32 Selim

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationHiding in Online Storage

Posted 22 February 2015 - 04:31 AM

Um, moderators out there, don't take this as a request for an update, but, asie, you are done? I had so many ideas for things to do with the tape drives alone from this mod, I was gonna make an "internet" radio station in game... but never mind now...

Edited by Selim, 22 February 2015 - 08:17 PM.

#33 Slash0mega

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 06:09 AM

what happened to the site, i tried updating downloading the mod again and the site went to some parady thing then a url shop ???

#34 Anteater46

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 03:14 AM

View PostSlash0mega, on 26 February 2015 - 06:09 AM, said:

what happened to the site, i tried updating downloading the mod again and the site went to some parady thing then a url shop ???

Downloads and wiki for this mod have been moved. Here's the new site (found on Asie's Twitter): http://wiki.vex.tty.sh/

#35 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 27 April 2015 - 04:16 PM

View Postasie, on 09 March 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

- snip -

When will these be ported to CC1.73 and MC1.7.10

#36 Anteater46

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 May 2015 - 03:28 AM

View PostDannySMc, on 27 April 2015 - 04:16 PM, said:

When will these be ported to CC1.73 and MC1.7.10

It has been - http://wiki.vex.tty....ki:computronics

#37 Ben1701A

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:36 PM

View Postasie, on 09 March 2014 - 04:27 PM, said:

Hey! This is my new mod, Computronics. It adds some new interesting peripherals, including simple Cameras, Cassette Tapes and MiscP's Iron Note Blocks and Chat Boxes.

The Cameras let you gather information (distance) about your surroundings, the Cassette Tapes let you record and play back music with a special format and... Iron Note Blocks are noteblocky. More features are planned, though!

Since 0.3.0, we add Cipher Blocks - encode and decode messages! - and CC 1.6 support!

WIKI AND DOWNLOADS: http://mc.shinonome.ch
WIKI AND DOWNLOADS:http://mc.shinome.ch Error: Link doesn't work!

#38 FHSgames99

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 December 2015 - 09:44 AM

what is the version for minecraft 1.6.4 of the computronics (computercraft)?

#39 zguystudios

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 08:45 PM

If anyone is looking for the updated link to this mod, it is as follows:
http://wiki.vex.tty.sh/start

#40 TheRockettek

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationRem is best girl

Posted 27 July 2016 - 03:37 PM

I was looking throught lionrays source code and i realised you can execute it automaticaly without user input from the window with arguments from java, but it wasnt working. How do i run it with arguments?

What i found:
public static void main(String[] args) throws Exception {
  if (args.length > 0) { // called with params, CLI assumed
   String inputPath = args[0];
   String outputPath = args.length > 1 ? args[1] : (inputPath + ".dfpwm");

try {
    convert(inputPath, outputPath);
   } catch (UnsupportedAudioFileException e) {
    System.err.println("Audio format unsupported");
    return;
   } catch (IOException e) {
    e.printStackTrace();