Wireless tunnel program

turtle peripheral wireless

4 replies to this topic

#1 Koen123123123123

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 09:44 AM

Hello everybody,
I have an problem. I am playing FTB direwolf20 and I like to do sh*t with turtles(in this case wireless mining turtles) but I get sick of the programming of turtles by hand.

The probelem:
I get sick of programming of turtles by hand.
(and I can't program that great)

My idea:
If anybody could program an program that I can type in an computer: tunnel, enter, tunnel (how much I want). that then my 128 wireless mining turtles go tunnel. I place them by hand, refuel them by hand(there's no need for an refueling code, only the tunnel code with rednet), and take the stuff out by hand.

The solve:
This place is for the person who sends me the code.

If anybody can help me, I am then very pleased.
I am pretty almost of today online.
are there questions? ask them to me ;)

This is what I came up with:(for the turtle)

rednet.open("right")

while true do
id,message = rednet.recieve()
if id == 1 then
if message == "tunnel" then
turtle.tunnel()
end
end
end
but it said then: attempt to call nil

Edited by Koen123123123123, 22 March 2014 - 02:41 PM.

#2 Engineer

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:26 PM

turtle.tunnel() does not exist

Here is a list of the turtle API: http://computercraft...iki/Turtle_(API)

Edited by Engineer, 22 March 2014 - 05:27 PM.

#3 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 05:38 PM

you could try searching the programs section before asking in AaP?

Anyway, here, Shaft. Basically like the built-in program "go," but digs tunnels rather than just moving. Ex, tunnel 64 long, 4m right, then dig 64m back - "shaft fd 64 rt fd 5 rt fd 64"

If you're wanting to remote access the turtle, you could give the turtle a modem, install nsh, run "nsh host" on the turtle and "nsh id" (where "id" is the id of the turtle) from any computer in range with a modem.

These and many more wonderious pre-made things can be found in the programs sub-forums.

#4 CometWolf

• Members
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

Lol, setting up 128 turtles by hand... that's just crazy. I got something like this baked into my cturtle API, however it uses one main turtle to deploy all the other turtles, which then refuel from an enderchest.

#5 Koen123123123123

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

View PostGopherAtl, on 22 March 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

you could try searching the programs section before asking in AaP?

Anyway, here, Shaft. Basically like the built-in program "go," but digs tunnels rather than just moving. Ex, tunnel 64 long, 4m right, then dig 64m back - "shaft fd 64 rt fd 5 rt fd 64"

If you're wanting to remote access the turtle, you could give the turtle a modem, install nsh, run "nsh host" on the turtle and "nsh id" (where "id" is the id of the turtle) from any computer in range with a modem.

These and many more wonderious pre-made things can be found in the programs sub-forums.
Yeah, I get it, but I need to type in all of those turtles id's(there's no clue for that) then I can type better in every turtle: "tunnel"64 :/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users