Fingerprint scanner pocket computer

16 replies to this topic

#1 wilcomega

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

i think i dont even have to describe it. a button at the bottom of the screen, when clicked it puts out an event with the fingerprint data.

of course there should be a way to hack it :P

#2 Csstform

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:50 PM

I dont see Dan putting this in. It doesnt have much purpose, especially if there is a way to easily hack it.

#3 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 25 March 2014 - 11:57 PM

I 100% agree with this, but only if it uses your (yes only you) real-life fingerprint and also supplies your basic information, security questions, and bank account details.

yes me agreeing with this suggestion is sarcasm.

Edited by theoriginalbit, 25 March 2014 - 11:58 PM.

#4 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:09 AM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 25 March 2014 - 11:57 PM, said:

I 100% agree with this, but only if it uses your (yes only you) real-life fingerprint and also supplies your basic information, security questions, and bank account details.

yes me agreeing with this suggestion is NOT sarcasm.

I like this idea. Maybe also credit card number and credentials for common sites? :P

#5 oeed

Oversimplifier

• Members
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationAuckland, New Zealand

Posted 26 March 2014 - 02:46 AM

I can't see this being added, but you could do something like I did in my Ultimate Door Lock program. It essentially generates a random string 256 characters long which is used as a unique identifier. I think you probably do need to describe it though, it could mean a whole lot of things.

#6 awsmazinggenius

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:37 AM

If it is a button at the bottom of the screen, I guess you mean that the Pocket Computer is an iPhone 5S, or another device, or another device, or another device, or another device so my opinion is a "No". But gopher has a BioLock peripheral, and you could write some software to use that remotely.

#7 6677

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:08 PM

View Postawsmazinggenius, on 26 March 2014 - 03:37 AM, said:

If it is a button at the bottom of the screen, I guess you mean that the Pocket Computer is an iPhone 5S, or another device, or another device, or another device, or another device so my opinion is a "No". But gopher has a BioLock peripheral, and you could write some software to use that remotely.
or an a motorola atrix 4g

#8 awsmazinggenius

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 26 March 2014 - 11:34 PM

View Post6677, on 26 March 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

View Postawsmazinggenius, on 26 March 2014 - 03:37 AM, said:

or an a motorola atrix 4g

or another device,[size=3]or another device, [size=2]or another device, [size=1]or another device[size=4] and so on. I got at the iPhone because it's what I have and it was recently (well, sort of) released and well known.

Edit: stupid BBCode, I've edited this post 5 times now so I'm gonna just leave it as it is.

Edited by awsmazinggenius, 26 March 2014 - 11:37 PM.

#9 GeniusName3

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

I DO think that CC is becoming more Ubiquitous computing with the robotic turtles,pocket PCs and desktops but this is just such an odd feature to be added.You can program a lock screen if you need protection in SMP :P

#10 apemanzilla

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

This thread was mostly dead...
It obviously wasn't happening and became a joke.

Edited by Apemanzilla, 02 April 2014 - 12:02 PM.

#11 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 02 April 2014 - 12:48 PM

There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.

#12 Csstform

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationU.S.A.

Posted 02 April 2014 - 01:44 PM

View PostBomb Bloke, on 02 April 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive. With all dead, well, with all dead there's usually only one thing you can do.
Give em a chocolate coated pill. Or feed em to some ROUSes, but that's a personal choice.

#13 Agoldfish

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • LocationSome Fish Bowl in Ohio.

Posted 02 April 2014 - 05:57 PM

View PostApemanzilla, on 26 March 2014 - 12:09 AM, said:

I like this idea. Maybe also credit card number and credentials for common sites? :P
Or your social security number. That would be very secure.

#14 awsmazinggenius

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:27 PM

View PostAgoldfish, on 02 April 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

View PostApemanzilla, on 26 March 2014 - 12:09 AM, said:

I like this idea. Maybe also credit card number and credentials for common sites? :P/>
Or your social security number. That would be very secure.

Credit card number is a total yes, but make sure we have the billing address, security code and everything else too. Also, we would need all the private keys to your digital certificates, your mailing address, a real-life photo of you and access to the device you use for two-factor authentication on websites, if you have one.

#15 gollark8

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:46 PM

Why is everyone being sarcastic,this would be useful!

#16 leviathan01

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 11:04 PM

What would be the use for it?

#17 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:15 AM

Novel? Maybe. Useful? Yes, but it's "too" useful - having such an easy method of identifying players means that scripters are left with no such need to code such methods themselves.

The player detector block does effectively the same thing as this, for those who want it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users