== cc10 == (Basic X-10-like wireless control for redstone)

lua wireless utility

37 replies to this topic

#21 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:30 AM

Happy to oblige :) Don't forget that you'll need to update not just the remote, but all the hosts as well...however you won't need to go through setup again - you can just change the mode via remote.

Edited by Dog, 08 September 2014 - 02:32 AM.

#22 AlexG2490

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:59 PM

I just started using this today, and it's absolutely fantastic! Thanks! This is by far and away the most elegant solution I've ever seen, much better than what I was doing before.

I'm having one problem though: I have the WiRe server running in conjunction with cc10. Regular doors work fine from both the server and the PDA but I'm having trouble getting the password protected doors to work on the PDA. Middle clicking doesn't seem to do anything. This could be due to key mappings or something else on my system... is there something specific about it being the Middle Click on the mouse, or is it just whatever is bound to the Pick Block command (which is middle click by default)? Can I remap this function to some other key somehow?

Thank again for the awesome work you've done! This is really primo stuff :) .

#23 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:23 PM

Hey there, AlexG2490 - thank you for the kind words - I'm glad to hear you find cc10 and WiRe so useful! :) Let's see if we can figure out what's going on and get cc10 working right for you...

cc10 has password access hard-coded to what MC and CC see as mouse button 3 (middle click) and cc10 doesn't offer the ability to rebind keys. Pick Block shouldn't make a difference, though - I use the same binding (Mouse button 3 for Pick Block) and middle click works for me in cc10.

If I had to guess, I'd say you have another mod hijacking middle mouse, or your system mouse software (or other key-binding software) does something special with middle mouse causing it not to work as expected.

First, make sure you have the latest version of cc10 installed.

Next, double check your MC key bindings - if anything other than Pick Block is bound to mouse button 3 then bind it to something else.

Next, if you're familiar with your mouse/key-binding software, check to make sure that your middle mouse button is programmed to be a specific mouse button (not a 'special' feature like 'middle click' or 'double click' or 'scroll' or 'back' or 'forward'). If your first mouse button is designated as 0 then the middle button should be 2, if your first mouse button is 1, then the middle button should be 3. If you are only offered something similar to "left click", "right click", and "middle click", then select "middle click". That alone, *might* solve the problem. If not, you can try the following in single player to narrow down the cause:

The best way I know to narrow down the culprit is to start with a clean MC environment with just ComputerCraft and cc10 in a fresh world. If the problem persists, I'd suspect it's your mouse software (or other key-binding software). If the problem goes away, I'd suspect it's a mod you're using. If the problem is a mod you can start adding in mods one by one until the problem reappears then just reconfigure or eliminate the problematic mod (if you're on a server, this may not be an option). If it's software on your system, you'll need to disable/reconfigure that software and try again.

The other thing you could try is essentially the reverse of the above - it's not as clean, but it should work if you don't want to create a new MC environment. If you're playing in single player, BACKUP YOUR WORLD BEFORE DOING THIS. If you're playing on a server, you'll need to create a single player world to test this. Basically, disable mods one by one in your current installation until the problem goes away. When the problem goes away, you'll know the last mod you disabled is probably the cause. Restore all the other mods (except the problematic mod) and see if the problem is still gone. If not, start removing mods one by one again (it could be more than one mod causing the problem). If the problem doesn't go away by the time you're down to only ComputerCraft then you're back to disabling/reconfiguring mouse/key-binding software and testing again.

Those are my best suggestions based on what you've told me. Please let me know the outcome and we'll proceed from there.

EDIT: spelling correction

EDIT2: just noticed that an issue with 'pick-block' not always working as expected was fixed in one of the recent pr's for 1.74. You may wish to try the beta for CC 1.74 and see if your problem is resolved.

Edited by Dog, 03 April 2015 - 09:07 PM.

#24 Arystair

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 09:30 PM

Wonderful and simple program, exactly what I needed.
I also have a suggestion, if you are still working on this.
In my base the door is moved by funky locomotion. This means that I need at least three pulses to move the door clear. Then I need three pulses to close it. Of course I can and do use other mod-items to accomplish this (in my case two sequencers from rftools, and one turns on when the other turns off). But I would like to make it smaller...
If your program could send multiple pulses with a delay between them, and have several pulses on a different color or side if you turn it off?

In any case, Thanks for cc10. I've tried other programs which looks fancier, but I always come back to yours, it simple, works, easy and still looks good.

#25 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:09 PM

Hey Arystair,

Thanks for the kind words - I'm glad you find cc10 useful!

I can add a 3 pulse output to the available options, but I wouldn't be able to support multiple colors - that's just beyond the scope of what I what cc10 does. If you'd still like the 3 pulse option though, let me know - and let me know how long the pulses need to be and how long the pauses need to be.

Edited by Dog, 17 August 2015 - 11:51 PM.

#26 marckusfransson

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:46 PM

When I try to run cc10Host, I get this error:
startup:195: attempt to index? (a nil value)
Can you try to fix it? :)
I run on CC 1.75

#27 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 10 June 2016 - 06:30 AM

Hi marckusfransson :)

My apologies - that's my mistake. Thanks for reporting the problem to me. I've fixed the issue and uploaded the fix, however, you'll need to do something on your end to ultimately fix the problem.

Go into the data directory (cd /data) and delete cc10HostCfg (rm cc10HostCfg), then go back to the root directory (cd ..) (note the two dots) and run cc10Host again. You'll have to go through first time setup again, but now it will work properly. Again, my apologies for the goof up on my part.

#28 turbine1998

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 September 2017 - 10:00 AM

I´m having a couple of problems! Can someone help?

On the host:

.temp:121: attempt to index ? (a nil value) - It is the first line of bit operations

On the PDA:

.cc10:110: attempt to index ? (a nil value) - Also the forst line of bit operations

I´m pretty new at this mod and even newer when it comes to programming.
Can someone please enlighten me on what is going on?

I´m beggining to suspect that the server is blocking something.

Also, I´m using computercraftpluscomputercraftedu on my TekkitLegends server.

Thanks in advance and sorry if I´m too newb.

#29 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 06 September 2017 - 03:42 PM

Hi, turbine1998! Sorry to hear you're having problems. Apparently the version of CC that you are using doesn't support all the features in cc10 as they are coded. You said you're using CC-Edu (and I see Tekkit Legends uses 1.74) and CC. What version of ComputerCraft are you using? Also, in your ComputerCraft.cfg file, are Lua 5.1 operations enabled?

EDIT: I've gone ahead and updated CC10 so it will work with Lua 5.1 features disabled - this *should* solve the problem for you.

Edited by Dog, 10 September 2017 - 03:39 PM.

#30 Kyh

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:17 PM

Hi,

It might be me thats a total noob, but ive been trying to get this to work, having install it on both the host and the remote/PDA im not able to link up the two? ive been standing around the host, and ive even tried reconfiguring a few times, but with no results. Im on a server running Tekkit Legends with CC1.74, but as i read that shouldnt be a barrier for cc10 currently?

#31 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:12 AM

Hey Kyh :) Welcome to the CC forums!

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. Based on your description, it may have something to do with how you have the host(s) configured. In the top, left of the PDA program you should see a 'U' in brackets. Clicking on the 'U' cycles through 3 view modes (All clients / Universal clients only / non-Universal clients only). Try clicking that to see if your host(s) show up. If that *doesn't* fix the problem (or if you have any other questions, comments, or concerns), please post back here and we'll get it figured out.

#32 Kyh

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:11 AM

View PostDog, on 14 November 2017 - 03:12 AM, said:

Hey Kyh :) Welcome to the CC forums!

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems. Based on your description, it may have something to do with how you have the host(s) configured. In the top, left of the PDA program you should see a 'U' in brackets. Clicking on the 'U' cycles through 3 view modes (All clients / Universal clients only / non-Universal clients only). Try clicking that to see if your host(s) show up. If that *doesn't* fix the problem (or if you have any other questions, comments, or concerns), please post back here and we'll get it figured out.

Hey Dog,

Thanks for the quick answer. I took what you said and jumped into an creative SP game, set up 1 analog, 1 UA and 1 pulse, just to check if it was our server which was the problem, sadly i am still not getting the hosts on the remote. i did some digging and can see Tekkit Legends also has CC Edu as a mod, is there a chance that this might interfer?

#33 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:24 PM

Hmmm...CC Edu shouldn't interfere, but I've never tested with both installed. I have a feeling that cc10 still isn't 100% compatible with Tekkit Legends. I'll do some testing and see if I can narrow down what is or isn't happening.

EDIT: I just tested again with lua 51 features disabled in a standard world and everything worked. So I tested it in Tekkit Legends with Lua 5.1 features enabled and disabled. Either way I had the same problem as you - no clients show up when playing in Tekkit Legends. I don't know what has changed in Tekkit Legends that breaks ComputerCraft functionality but it may not be fixable. I'll work on it this week (as time permits) and see if I can come up with a workaround. Until I figure something out (if I ever do), cc10 is, sadly, not compatible with Tekkit Legends.

Edited by Dog, 14 November 2017 - 04:57 PM.

#34 Kyh

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:20 PM

View PostDog, on 14 November 2017 - 04:24 PM, said:

Hmmm...CC Edu shouldn't interfere, but I've never tested with both installed. I have a feeling that cc10 still isn't 100% compatible with Tekkit Legends. I'll do some testing and see if I can narrow down what is or isn't happening.

EDIT: I just tested again with lua 51 features disabled in a standard world and everything worked. So I tested it in Tekkit Legends with Lua 5.1 features enabled and disabled. Either way I had the same problem as you - no clients show up when playing in Tekkit Legends. I don't know what has changed in Tekkit Legends that breaks ComputerCraft functionality but it may not be fixable. I'll work on it this week (as time permits) and see if I can come up with a workaround. Until I figure something out (if I ever do), cc10 is, sadly, not compatible with Tekkit Legends.

Well this may sound strange, but im happy im not the one doing something wrong :D. I wonder what is interfering from tekkit legends. Nice to hear you might look at it, if you have time of course. no presure from my side :)

#35 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:36 AM

Not knowing any better at the moment, I think it has something to do with the fact that they're distributing what appears to me to be a modified version of the CC jar (it has both CC and CCEdu merged). I've got some ideas I'd like to try out and see if that really is the problem, but it'll have to wait until I have some time to do it. Thanks for your understanding and patience - both are very appreciated :)

#36 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:39 AM

View PostDog, on 15 November 2017 - 04:36 AM, said:

they're distributing what appears to me to be a modified version of the CC jar (it has both CC and CCEdu merged)

That may well be an official package - merged downloads have always been available.

http://computercraft...getting-started

#37 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:31 AM

View PostBomb Bloke, on 15 November 2017 - 05:39 AM, said:

View PostDog, on 15 November 2017 - 04:36 AM, said:

they're distributing what appears to me to be a modified version of the CC jar (it has both CC and CCEdu merged)

That may well be an official package - merged downloads have always been available.

http://computercraft...getting-started

Huh, I head no idea - thanks, Bomb Bloke. Knowing that gives me some ideas as to how to proceed...

#38 Dog

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationEarth orbit

Posted 17 November 2017 - 05:43 AM

View PostKyh, on 14 November 2017 - 07:20 PM, said:

Well this may sound strange, but im happy im not the one doing something wrong :D/>/>. I wonder what is interfering from tekkit legends. Nice to hear you might look at it, if you have time of course. no presure from my side :)/>/>

After some initial testing I've discovered the following:
- The problem is NOT with Tekkit Legends itself
- cc10 does NOT work with the combined CC/CCEdu package for some reason (tested with the official release via the link provided by BB and the copy included with Tekkit Legends, which appear to be identical)
- cc10 DOES work using discreet jars for both CC 1.75 and CCEdu 1.74

I have no clue yet why cc10 doesn't work with the combined package, but there you have it. If you're playing SSP then replacing the combined jar with the individual jars will probably fix your problem (make sure you backup your world first, just in case something goes pear shaped). If you're playing SMP then it gets more complicated because you'll probably have to replace the jar on the server and all the clients as well.

At some point I may dig further and try to figure out if there's something I can fix in cc10 to get it working right with the combined jar. For now, though, the answer appears to be that cc10 (and probably some of my other programs) just don't work in Tekkit Legends (or any other pack that uses the combined CC/CCEdu jar).

EDIT: After a bit more testing I've narrowed down the problem to ComputerCraft 1.74 & CCEdu 1.74 (which, I believe are the versions included in the combined CC/CCEdu 1.74 jar).

Apparently the bit API in CC 1.74 & CCEdu 1.74 is borked - this, in turn, breaks functionality of cc10 (and some of my other programs) as they rely on the bit API for their communications encryption. Since this only affects one version of CC and/or CCEdu (ealier and later versions are unaffected) I don't plan on coding a workaround. I suggest those using CC 1.74 upgrade to CC 1.75. Those with Tekkit Legends (or other mod packs that use the combined CC/CCEdu 1.74 jar) will need to replace the combined jar with separate jars (again, updating CC to 1.75) - if you're playing on an SMP server, the server will also need new jars or things won't work (only changing the client jars will break things)

Edited by Dog, 23 November 2017 - 05:35 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users