• LocationMassachusetts, USA

Posted 17 November 2014 - 12:05 AM

Awesome

#22 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 09:01 AM

I've just published an update to increase the Quadracoptors' ability to traverse portals. It's not perfect yet--Mystcraft intra-linking portals, for instance, don't work correctly at all. Most other portals should be fine to use.

#23 cdel

• Banned
  • 496 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:49 AM

are the Quadracoptors entities or tile entities?

#24 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:10 PM

View Postcdel, on 28 December 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Minecraft has 3 levels of 'objects' within the game:
  • Blocks — these are what you see;
  • TileEntity — these are blocks with a special purpose or saveable state e.g. furnace;
  • Entity — this is everything else, if it moves, it's an entity;
So in summary, the Quadracopter controller is a TileEntity, but the Quadracoptor that spawns out of the controller is an entity.

Edited by theoriginalbit, 28 December 2014 - 12:11 PM.

#25 cdel

• Banned
  • 496 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 28 December 2014 - 12:46 PM

View Posttheoriginalbit, on 28 December 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

View Postcdel, on 28 December 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Minecraft has 3 levels of 'objects' within the game:
  • Blocks — these are what you see;
  • TileEntity — these are blocks with a special purpose or saveable state e.g. furnace;
  • Entity — this is everything else, if it moves, it's an entity;
So in summary, the Quadracopter controller is a TileEntity, but the Quadracoptor that spawns out of the controller is an entity.

yeah I knew that, not about the Quadracopter although so thanks for clearing it up although. :)

#26 GopherAtl

• Members
  • 888 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:09 AM

This deserves more attention than it appears to have gotten. So, bump for awesome.

If you're thinking of these as an alternative to turtles, well, they're not that. What they are is an alternative to pipes/tubes, allowing a programmable, entirely CC-centric way to move items around without the fuel cost or server overhead of swarms of turtles. And did I mention they're awesome? 'cause they're awesome.

Things you can do with quadcoptors:

- transport items like pipes, but more dynamically and without all the fiddling with filter pipes, vacuum settings, etc; basically, you front-load each item sent with an arbitrary route, rather than having to set up a physical network with built-in routing instructions.

- pipe through confied spaces without interfering with players' ability to move through said spaces. Think of quadcoptor routes as pipes without the actual pipes.

- deliver items to moving targets; got a turtle who's out of fuel? if it knows it's position and can transmit it the computer controlling the quadcoptor base station, you can dynamically build a program to deliver fuel to the turtle wherever it happens to be, far more quickly than a turtle could travel the same route, and without the wasted fuel cost in having the turtle return for fuel itself.

Edited by GopherAtl, 02 January 2015 - 08:19 AM.

#27 theoriginalbit

Semi-Professional ComputerCrafter

• Moderators
  • 7,332 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:36 AM

View PostGopherAtl, on 02 January 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

- deliver items to moving targets; got a turtle who's out of fuel? if it knows it's position and can transmit it the computer controlling the quadcoptor base station, you can dynamically build a program to deliver fuel to the turtle wherever it happens to be, far more quickly than a turtle could travel the same route, and without the wasted fuel cost in having the turtle return for fuel itself.
I like that idea, I never really thought of that... you should make that program ;)

#28 Agent Silence

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • Location[string "FindMe"]:23143: bad argument #1 to 'returnPos' (vector expected, got nil)

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:06 AM

Wow! This is awesome Lyqyd!
Because you made it so easy to control, I made a gotoCoord function for this out of 16 lines!

EDIT :

Alright, I found some things that could be improved. If you add a "dock" function that only works when above the base, you could go back to base through an alternate route and still re-enter the base. Another thing is that items get removed if the quadrocopter returns back to base.

Edited by Requiem, 02 January 2015 - 10:08 PM.

#29 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 01:04 AM

Great mod. Found a bug though. I was trying to use gps with a pda to get the copter to deliver items to me, but this ends up crashing the server that I was testing it on. From what I can tell it is because the number given by gps is a decimal.

crash report: http://pastebin.com/uK6sFrVS

edit: might I suggest rounding any number given if it contains a decimal?

Edited by valithor, 03 January 2015 - 01:15 AM.

#30 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:23 AM

Yeep, looks like I'll have to fix that. In the meantime, you might math.floor your variables before you put 'em in a quadracopter program.

Thanks for the kind words, Gopher! Haven't seen you around in too long!

#31 civilwargeeky

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 03 January 2015 - 02:24 AM

View PostGopherAtl, on 02 January 2015 - 08:09 AM, said:

This deserves more attention than it appears to have gotten. So, bump for awesome.

If you're thinking of these as an alternative to turtles, well, they're not that. What they are is an alternative to pipes/tubes, allowing a programmable, entirely CC-centric way to move items around without the fuel cost or server overhead of swarms of turtles. And did I mention they're awesome? 'cause they're awesome.
-snip-
Hey! I saw your post today and thought that the quadracopters going to turtles was an amazing idea. So I spent a few hours and put it into my quarry program :)

Here's a forum post and video:
http://www.computerc...post__p__202084

Thanks for the awesome mod, Lyqyd!

#32 TechMasterGeneral

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 13 January 2015 - 02:41 AM

Bravo lyqyd! I can't wait to try this out!

#33 secret6timb1

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:07 AM

Wasnt going to get this until I watched the video. I thought they were exactly like turtles from the pics. Video made it awesome.

I added this mod in my modpack along with Minefactory reloaded.
I get a constant 60 fps even after adding those mods which is good for me anyways, yet It seemed like frames were being skipped and it made minecraft too annoying to play.

I took out minefactory reloaded and it mostly fixed the problem.

Why does minefactory do this? I even added an extra gig of ram and nothing changed

Edited by secret6timb1, 28 January 2015 - 02:28 AM.

#34 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

Some mods are more memory or processor cycle hogs than other mods. MFR is a pretty big mod, with a lot of things that it adds. I don't know if it specifically was the source of your issues, but many players' computers struggle when they add many large mods.

#35 Nokiyen

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:11 AM

Hello! Very cool mod. I love quadracopter in my skyblock world.

And, Here I've reported a bug about Quadracopters.

Description: Crash when a Quadracopter trys to suck from the not-openable chest.
Version: Quadracoptors 0.1.5, ComputerCraft 1.73, Forge 1.7.10-10.13.2.1291
Detail: When a Quadracopter trys to suck items from a large chest, on which a solid block is placed (this means a player can't open the chest), Minecraft will crash.
Image:Attached Image: 2015-03-01_12.54.45.png
Crash Report:
Spoiler

#36 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 04:42 AM

I've just published version 0.1.6 to fix this bug, thanks!

#37 Nokiyen

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:24 PM

Can I report one thing about the Quadracopter?

I happened to find that Quadracopter sometimes returns to an item when it's flying in water.
I guess the Quadracopter was "drowned" and dropped itself (maybe because flying Quadracopter is a kind of LivingEntity?).

I think this is not a bug, rather feature.
But, just I reported it here because it might be useful for you.

Anyway, I really love Quadracopters. Very smart, very cute!

#38 PaulT

• Members
  • 90 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:08 PM

Great mod! but i found bug when I was trying to make a player transport system:

when a player is transported and the quadracopter drops the player, the player doesn't actualy drop instead the quadracopter continues the program and when it enters the base block the player gets teleported to the place the player should have been dropped.

Apart from this i really like your mod and I hope you keep updating it. :)

#39 TechedZombie

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationIA, USA

Posted 08 March 2015 - 05:09 PM

I have discovered a rather interesting glitch concerning the use of morph and quadrocopters. When "morphed" into a quad your camera is really low. The camera is positioned Underground when the quad is on ground level and, due to the fact that minecraft does not render blocks that are concealed as a way to save ram this allows the player morphed into the Quad to see underground! By doing this any player could have "X-Ray". I discovered this in my test World and I just thought I would bring to the attention of the server administrators so they could prevent cheating.

#40 TechedZombie

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationIA, USA

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:51 PM

One of my favorite CC addons! Can we make an extra param on the suck though to make it so we can pick inv slots?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users