6 replies to this topic

#1 Creator

Mad Dash Victor

• Members
  • 2,168 posts
  • LocationYou will never find me, muhahahahahaha

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:20 PM

Hello guys,

I'm working on a project that will recreate "internet" in minecraft thanks to CC. The idea is that I have MainRouters, SubRouters, and Clients. The Main routers transmit information over large distances. The clients receive the info. The SubRouters act as bridges between them. For the moment, the code I have written should permit the MainRouters to identify each other. The main routers should also identify the SubRouters. The subRouters should be able to identify the Clients. I have implemented a debugPrint function that take the value of debugOpt. If it is true it will print the text in the arguments. For the moment it doesn't semm like they identify themselves. The should be able to identify each other no matter the order in which they are booted. I hope you can help me. Leave any suggestion in the comments. If you wish to help givve a suggestion how it would be possible because I don't own a server. Just leave any way in which I could contact you (Skype, Facebook, Email). We will work out a solution.

Thanks

MainRouter ( there can be a bunch of them, they have the same importance)

Spoiler

SubRouter

Spoiler

Client

Spoiler

#2 InDieTasten

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:40 PM

btw, length is written length, not lenght ;)

#3 Creator

Mad Dash Victor

• Members
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:49 PM

Thanx :D

What do you think of the iniciative?

#4 HPWebcamAble

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationWeb Development

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:30 AM

Interesting concept. I don't really have a need for this atm, but it could be useful for others.
There are a few browser/server pairs for CC already, you should look for them if you haven't already seen them

I haven't really looked much at the code, but one thing that stands out is the getModemSide() function

You could really simplify it:
function getModemSide()
  for i,v in pairs(rs.getSides()) do --#rs.getSides() just returns all the sides
	if peripheral.getType(v) == "modem" and peripheral.call(v,"isWireless") then
	  return v
	end
  end
  return false
end

Edited by HPWebcamAble, 31 January 2015 - 12:34 AM.

#5 Creator

Mad Dash Victor

• Members
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:00 PM

Thank you a lot. That is very intersesting. Any other suggestions?

#6 _VoiceActorMan_

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:47 PM

Instead of GPS why not create a type of P2P-ARP by having nodes send out what computers they are connected to every so often and then relaying and appending the information the caching it. Similar to how P2P bot nets work.

#7 Creator

Mad Dash Victor

• Members
  • 2,168 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:39 PM

View Post_VoiceActorMan_, on 12 February 2015 - 11:47 PM, said:

Instead of GPS why not create a type of P2P-ARP by having nodes send out what computers they are connected to every so often and then relaying and appending the information the caching it. Similar to how P2P bot nets work.

Your idea is good, but the information sent about the computers they are connected too will rapidly become very large and the transferring speed of the network will not allow such a great number of packets to be sent. Moreover, this way there is a logical way to reach the destination.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users