Computer Craft University

computer game help

25 replies to this topic

#1 IAteUrPoptart

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 07:16 PM

Welcome to The University Of Computer Craft!
The University Of Computer Craft is scheduled to launch at the end of the month on April 1st 2015

The University of Computer Craft will be a free to access server with tutorials and guides to taking the first steps to Computer Craft.

How it will work: Each user upon entry of the game be able to buy there own "dorm room" these rooms will be equipped with everything you need to be successful. Lessons will be in separate spread out building with a responsive presentation on the tutorial. Once viewed the user will be able to run a command and download a tutorial for the unit to a monitor in his/her room. They will then be able to follow a step by step tutorial on how to do it on there "lab" computer. Rooms will include all devices needed for all the lessons and in the exact location. If you have any ideas to enhance this plan please let us know by responding below.
Note: Working on Group Houses for people programming in groups!

This is a Dorm Room In Game They will be available and assigned upon server join.
Posted Image
120 Dorm Complex!.
Posted Image

What we will cover in server:
  • Basic Language
  • Turtles
  • Rednet
  • Printers
  • Monitors
  • HTTP
  • And Much More!
We are currently looking for people with experience to help people learn (Teachers) We need these people to be able to help people when stuck.

Highly skilled users will be asked to join projects that require massive amounts of resources

Current Projects include:
  • Rednet Light Control System
  • World Wide Multi-version Minecraft texting system through MySQL Database!
  • and much more!
We ask that you stay tuned on this thread for updates, news, and info!

Staff Needed!
We are currently looking for 3 people who know how to use these plugins for personal dorm configuration:
  • World Guard
  • World Edit
  • Simple Region Market
Have questions? Just ask below!

- IAteUrPoptart | Chancellor at Computer Craft University

Note: To All other Computer Craft Universities Please PM me. Thanks for the great idea of TheOddByte I want us to join forces to build a Spectacular and Intuitive University!

Edited by IAteUrPoptart, 04 March 2015 - 04:30 AM.

#2 TheOddByte

Lazy Coder

• Members
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:21 PM

Have you not noticed the other two "ComputerCraft Universities" in the server section? What will be different with yours? How do you plan on maintaining it and keeping it interesting so that people will join, and learn without teachers on. I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but it's just that this have already been tried multiple times by multiple people, so far all have failed. One thing that's bothering me with this is that the other ones haven't died out yet, I feel like it would be better if you, and the other ones with this kind of server, joined forces and tried to make it as good as possible. It's more likely that all of the servers will get less people on them because there are so many of the same kind.

#3 LeviM

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 09:29 PM

I completely agree with previous comment. (Specially about the joining forces thing)

#4 IAteUrPoptart

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 10:16 PM

I Guess i never really looked to see if there was any others. I want to provide support for beginners, moderate users, and advanced users. One of my main goal's of this university is to train people to work together to build scripts like my WorldWide texting system. I will find the other servers and join them and see if they would like to help and build a massive University for Computer Craft Users. Thank you for your ideas! I never even knew there were others! Im open to help and communication on how to make something that people can truly use as a tool. Any More ideas i would love to hear them!

#5 CCGrimHaxor

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 12:46 PM

Suggestion: Have your "teachers" be able to build the tutorials so people can download the tutorial via rednet and learn.

I can help you guys make a rednet/networking tutorial + I can help you build the entire system except the GUI.
If you want pm me and tell me the server ip and what to do.

#6 TheOddByte

Lazy Coder

• Members
  • 1,607 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 02 March 2015 - 09:23 PM

View PostCCGrimHaxor, on 02 March 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:

Just a question, where do you find the time to help all these people on all these servers? I see that you've submitted to be a teacher on the other servers( CCU4 atleast ) . I just can't figure out how you get the time to do it :P

And OP, here's the other servers: CCU4, CCU5.

#7 LeviM

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 03:35 PM

I'd love to help make tutorials (like Grim suggested) but I'd be a terrible teacher :D

#8 CCGrimHaxor

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 04:50 PM

View PostTheOddByte, on 02 March 2015 - 09:23 PM, said:

View PostCCGrimHaxor, on 02 March 2015 - 12:46 PM, said:

Just a question, where do you find the time to help all these people on all these servers? I see that you've submitted to be a teacher on the other servers( CCU4 atleast ) . I just can't figure out how you get the time to do it :P

I have too much time

#9 IAteUrPoptart

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:41 AM

I Have contacted both server but yet no response :( However building is going along good however i was set back a day by a world corruption! The Dorms is the longest and most daunting task of what i have left to do and region shop. One question to all though. Do you think i should allow users to go into the survival world or put that on a separate server? Thanks!

#10 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 12:52 AM

View PostIAteUrPoptart, on 04 March 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

I Have contacted both server but yet no response :( However building is going along good however i was set back a day by a world corruption! The Dorms is the longest and most daunting task of what i have left to do and region shop. One question to all though. Do you think i should allow users to go into the survival world or put that on a separate server? Thanks!

I have actually been thinking about this recently, and if I can get support for it I am probably going to invite you and the other 2 CUU owners to come onto my server and build a CCU world. There are many benefits to this such as experienced people running it (self promotion :P), and a already established player base. If you are interested I will see if I can make this happen.

Edited by valithor, 04 March 2015 - 12:52 AM.

#11 IAteUrPoptart

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 March 2015 - 01:55 AM

View Postvalithor, on 04 March 2015 - 12:52 AM, said:

View PostIAteUrPoptart, on 04 March 2015 - 12:41 AM, said:

I have actually been thinking about this recently, and if I can get support for it I am probably going to invite you and the other 2 CUU owners to come onto my server and build a CCU world. There are many benefits to this such as experienced people running it (self promotion :P), and a already established player base. If you are interested I will see if I can make this happen.

Well the thing is Im Running a Dedicated Server in a data center for free so i like having the extreme amount of power to back my server. But if we wanted to team together i would happily setup a Bungee Cord System to link our servers together.

I used to run a Minecraft Server Host before the Initial Bukkit Takedown so I know my way around servers very well.

Edited by IAteUrPoptart, 04 March 2015 - 02:01 AM.

#12 Diederix

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2015 - 01:00 PM

Hey

Im 14 years old and im very interested in programming especially java.
But since i find it really hard to understand it, people told me to try lua.
So i searched it up and what seemed: there was a mod for in minecraft and since im a huge fan of minecraft i was really excited about it.
But after all i know stuff but just get stuck sometimes because i just dont know the codes or need more information and you cant really ask questions on youtube videos and such so i think this is a great idea!

So i saw you need helpers to configure stuff.
And i saw you guys need helpers for worldedit and worldguard so i am applying for that.
I know how to make regions and how to use worldguard.
So if you need me please let me know.

Greetings Diederik

#13 Terra1

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 01:14 AM

its past april 1st 2015 its may 6th 2015
WHERE IS THE IP ADDRESS!!!

#14 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:18 AM

View Postterrariola, on 07 March 2015 - 01:14 AM, said:

Umm try march 6th 2015
still have another month

Edited by valithor, 07 March 2015 - 03:18 AM.

#15 Dragon53535

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • LocationIn the Matrix

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:40 AM

Hello person from the future, nice to meet you.

#16 Terra1

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 03:30 PM

View Postvalithor, on 07 March 2015 - 03:18 AM, said:

Umm try march 6th 2015
still have another month

its march 7th 2015 right now according to time.windows.com
still waiting

Edited by terrariola, 07 March 2015 - 03:33 PM.

#17 Dragon53535

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • LocationIn the Matrix

Posted 07 March 2015 - 04:39 PM

View Postterrariola, on 07 March 2015 - 03:30 PM, said:

its march 7th 2015 right now according to time.windows.com
still waiting

January, February, MARCH, APRIL, may

#18 Creeper9207

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 05:49 PM

Ill help with teaching, pretty good with some stuff (GUIs, turtles, rednet)

Edited by Creeper9207, 07 March 2015 - 05:51 PM.

#19 MarioBrosFTW

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 12:46 AM

hey if you want I can help just tell me what u need and I'll see if I can help

#20 _removed

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 08 March 2015 - 07:04 PM

Hey,

I would like to help you out with the server. My lua knowledge is 8/10 and I have extensize knowledge of World Edit. I would like to help you with building the dorms as I can build really fast. Reply as soon as possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users