Marvelous Magnificent Grandiose LuaLand!

200 replies to this topic

#181 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 28 April 2015 - 08:20 AM

View Postvenomstriker235, on 28 April 2015 - 05:21 AM, said:

View PostDannySMc, on 27 April 2015 - 03:34 PM, said:

View PostLDDestroier, on 25 April 2015 - 07:23 PM, said:

Why not host LuaLand on a personal computer? Probably cheaper in the long term, not having to pay every month for hosting.

In all honesty it really isn't that expensive, considering my server costs me £5 a month and I can have around 50 players before the server's CPU goes over 60% usage...

Using a home computer is a badddd idea, if he has a slow connection it will be slow for any other players too, so if he has a 3mbps download and a 1mbps upload then it will impact on clients quite badly also slowing down everyone else's internet connection in his house. It also opens his houses internet to being hacked and DDoS'd as well considering it is based at home and probably won't have the correct security measures, and if he gets a lot of traffic he may get billed by his ISP for the traffic (does happen trust me).

Long story short:

Do not do it.

Also as the issue of a bad dos/ddos attack will take it down quite easily.

Indeed it would, I will look and setting up some hosting for Lua Land if the host doesn't mind as I am moving my server to bungeecord so we can have a few servers connected together...?

#182 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:51 AM

View PostDannySMc, on 28 April 2015 - 08:20 AM, said:

Indeed it would, I will look and setting up some hosting for Lua Land if the host doesn't mind as I am moving my server to bungeecord so we can have a few servers connected together...?

This server is actually dead, and the owners have not been on the forums for weeks. They have been talking about rebuilding it from scratch, which is frankly not worth it anymore.

Btw as for hosts both Lualands used exileservers, who were both cheap and reliable. I believe it is around 5$ a gig of ram for them to host a server.

This server is spent, no reason trying to reinvent it over and over.

Edited by valithor, 28 April 2015 - 12:18 PM.

#183 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:49 PM

No I wish to rehost it in BungeeCord as I need at least 3 servers,

1. The Hub
2. ShinexusUK
3. Lua Land

On that I am paying £10 for 3 servers... The hub wil have up to 20 and the separate servers will have 50

Edited by DannySMc, 28 April 2015 - 01:19 PM.

#184 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:03 PM

View PostDannySMc, on 28 April 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

1. The Hub
2. ShinexusUK
3. Lua Land

On that I am paying £10 for 3 servers... The hub wil have up to 20 and the separate servers will have 50

View Postvalithor, on 28 April 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

Coming from one of the two people who made the name actually mean something... The server and name should both end. Be creative come up with something that is your own.

#185 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:34 PM

Fine with me

#186 GreenGene

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationMagic land, awesomeness

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:14 PM

View Postvalithor, on 28 April 2015 - 05:03 PM, said:

View PostDannySMc, on 28 April 2015 - 12:49 PM, said:

1. The Hub
2. ShinexusUK
3. Lua Land

View Postvalithor, on 28 April 2015 - 11:51 AM, said:

Coming from one of the two people who made the name actually mean something... The server and name should both end. Be creative come up with something that is your own.

Ok, good idea val ;)

#187 GreenGene

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationMagic land, awesomeness

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:28 PM

View PostDannySMc, on 28 April 2015 - 05:34 PM, said:

Fine with me

If u want to host our loved server, may I be part of the staff group :)

#188 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:02 PM

View PostGreenGene, on 03 May 2015 - 07:28 PM, said:

Fine with me

Well I need some more money before I can host it :(((( It would be £2.50 for 25 players or £5 for 50

#189 Cloud Ninja

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 10:42 PM

View PostDannySMc, on 03 May 2015 - 10:02 PM, said:

Fine with me

Well I need some more money before I can host it :(((( It would be £2.50 for 25 players or £5 for 50
I just got paid for some stuff, i can help pay for it.

#190 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:46 AM

View PostCloudNinja, on 03 May 2015 - 10:42 PM, said:

View PostDannySMc, on 03 May 2015 - 10:02 PM, said:

Fine with me

I just got paid for some stuff, i can help pay for it.

Well if you want then sure! :D What are you going to be survival world? or Creative? or other?

#191 ry00000

• Members
  • 244 posts
  • LocationComputer, Base, SwitchCraft, Cube-earth, Blockiverse, Computer

Posted 05 May 2015 - 02:15 PM

Why not both? like creative-lualand.yourserver.com and survival-lualand.yourserver.com! I would really enjoy having both!

Also, I applied for staff before the server got took down, so can I be staff?

#192 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

This is honestly pathetic. Even if someone "rehosts" it, it is not the same.

No if you had staff before that means absolutely nothing. It is a completely new server run by a completely different person. This means it has the same name but that is as far as the similarity goes.

Guys be original come up with something that you can call your own. Let Lualand end with this failure, instead of making another server that will likely farther ruin the image.

Personally I am surprised this thread is still unlocked/people are still responding. This server has not been up in 2 weeks, not to mention I have reported it twice saying this. This server is dead, create your own come up with a original name and if it is a quality server is will be well off.

Edited by valithor, 05 May 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#193 Lyqyd

Lua Liquidator

• Moderators
  • 8,465 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:58 PM

I've seen the reports. You aren't the current server operator. There is continuing discussion in the topic. There's no reason to lock it yet. Report it again when it's been down for a month and the topic has been quiet for two weeks, and we may lock it at that point. Take a step back and take some deep breaths. It's just a Minecraft server, after all.

#194 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:59 PM

View PostLyqyd, on 05 May 2015 - 04:58 PM, said:

I've seen the reports. You aren't the current server operator. There is continuing discussion in the topic. There's no reason to lock it yet. Report it again when it's been down for a month and the topic has been quiet for two weeks, and we may lock it at that point. Take a step back and take some deep breaths. It's just a Minecraft server, after all.

If you care to check... The technic pack that is linked on the front page doesn't even exist. And neither of the "owners" have been on in weeks. At least make it obvious that the server is not possible to join...

either way. Is the server forum the proper place for a discussion, maybe general is a better place?

Edited by valithor, 05 May 2015 - 05:06 PM.

#195 TechedZombie

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationIA, USA

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:41 PM

Can we aplly for admin anywhere i have been playing since minecraft 1.5

#196 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:09 PM

View Postvalithor, on 05 May 2015 - 04:59 PM, said:

View PostLyqyd, on 05 May 2015 - 04:58 PM, said:

If you care to check... The technic pack that is linked on the front page doesn't even exist. And neither of the "owners" have been on in weeks. At least make it obvious that the server is not possible to join...

either way. Is the server forum the proper place for a discussion, maybe general is a better place?

Let's stop and talk before you start having a tantrum.

One I do not care about the name, the idea was to have some server names as I have a network of servers; not just one, I do not care for your precious server, I just want players to have a good time and everyone seems upset it was gone, so I offered to (if someone could) get the map and I could re-host it. So players still could build on it. As I have slots for servers. It's an offer that I had to help out, then if this guy ever does bring it back then he can take owner ship, idk who cares? It was just an idea.

1. And for the ruining the image... my server is quite content with our servers and currently we are doing quite well :) considering we have picked up a few players from Lua Land. So it was a suggestion for others whether they wanted it and if it was worth it. As it would mean players can skip back and forth between the two on the same server:)

2. You are quite rude aren't you: "speak, how you wish to be spoken to."

3. Yes this IS THE CORRECT TOPIC to talk about Lua Land on :o magical isn't it, we are talking about Lua Land on the ...
*drum roll*
LUA LAND SERVER THREAD

Now stop complaining and stop reading this topic if you can't deal with it, considering you are getting all worked up over a Minecraft server.

View Postry00000, on 05 May 2015 - 02:15 PM, said:

Why not both? like creative-lualand.yourserver.com and survival-lualand.yourserver.com! I would really enjoy having both!

Also, I applied for staff before the server got took down, so can I be staff?

Well we have a hub so we can have a creative world and a survival world, or you can work in the creative world we have? Tell me some of the peripheral mods for CC and I shall add them so you can keep your testing going:P

Edited by DannySMc, 05 May 2015 - 10:10 PM.

#197 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 05 May 2015 - 10:14 PM

View PostTechedZombie, on 05 May 2015 - 09:41 PM, said:

Can we aplly for admin anywhere i have been playing since minecraft 1.5

Well I wouldn't say admin? xD as this server is down but you can help out on my server cluster? Just click here

#198 valithor

• Members
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 11:38 PM

View PostDannySMc, on 05 May 2015 - 10:09 PM, said:

3. Yes this IS THE CORRECT TOPIC to talk about Lua Land on :o magical isn't it, we are talking about Lua Land on the ...
*drum roll*
LUA LAND SERVER THREAD

Now stop complaining and stop reading this topic if you can't deal with it, considering you are getting all worked up over a Minecraft server.

I perfectly agree the bungee cord idea is amazing... but you might want to finish setting up your own server first (was decent when you had the commands from the forge mod, but now its painful to play).

2. I have not hidden that I do not like Lyqyd (many of my friends in this community do not like him either, but that is what happens when you are in a position of authority). I honestly don't care if he speaks to me as I speak to him.

3. Btw no this is not the correct place. Seeing as it does not meet the criteria to be in the server group
(a active server, http://www.computerc...r-forum-rules/). Seeing as this is true it would be more appropriate to move this to a place like general or... as I sugested "make it obvious this server is not joinable" I remember when I was searching for a server how hard it was looking through all the dead servers to find a one that actually was up. I was mainly saying that to make it easier on new people...

Edited by valithor, 06 May 2015 - 12:37 AM.

#199 Dahknee

• Members
  • 1,808 posts
  • Location/home/da

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:19 AM

View Postvalithor, on 05 May 2015 - 11:38 PM, said:

View PostDannySMc, on 05 May 2015 - 10:09 PM, said:

*drum roll*
LUA LAND SERVER THREAD

I perfectly agree the bungee cord idea is amazing... but you might want to finish setting up your own server first (was decent when you had the commands from the forge mod, but now its painful to play).

2. I have not hidden that I do not like Lyqyd (many of my friends in this community do not like him either, but that is what happens when you are in a position of authority). I honestly don't care if he speaks to me as I speak to him.

3. Btw no this is not the correct place. Seeing as it does not meet the criteria to be in the server group
(a active server, http://www.computerc...r-forum-rules/). Seeing as this is true it would be more appropriate to move this to a place like general or... as I sugested "make it obvious this server is not joinable" I remember when I was searching for a server how hard it was looking through all the dead servers to find a one that actually was up. I was mainly saying that to make it easier on new people...

1. My server is set up... we have added everything we needed to and fixed a few bits and pieces.
1.2. BungeeCord is actualy really useful!

2. I guess but being rude is not really the way to speak to him. I am keen on him either but he is still a person.

3. Indeed but this is being left for a month or so incase the server is going to come back, he may have been told my the old server admin that it is coming back and do not delete the post, never assume. There could be many reasons.

#200 Cloud Ninja

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 10:23 AM

And not to intrude on the argument, you DO NOT own LuaLand val. If anyone truly owned it, it was Cdel, and he gave the name to jasper. Jasper has whole right over the name, and hes given anyone that wants to the right to use it. You can't stop him from making a server with lualand.

Another thing, you have no right val. You and Cdel caused harm to the server in giving Tim + Jasper false plugins and such.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users