Extremely out of my depth; Wireless Rednet and Project Red question.

wireless

2 replies to this topic

#1 Tassyr

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 03:36 PM

So I've got a problem that is very, very far out of my depth.
I've got a program I'm working on that I want to run with Redstone In Motion to make an elevator. I KNOW it can be done; I've seen it done on other machines. I just don't know how to code it.

I'm making an elevator like this;

[x] - Elevator Top Terminal (Call Up Button)
:
:
:
{x} - Elevator Itself (Move Up and Move Down buttons)
:
:
:
[x] - Elevator Bottom Terminal (Call Down Button)

What I was hoping I could do is make the 'call elevator' buttons on top and bottom attached to a computer; you hit the button and it sends the elevator either down or up, depending on which side you are on, by telling the computer in the middle to move up or down. (Toggle OFF output blue or red respectively.)

I have no idea how to make the wireless work, though. Or even the basics of 'toggle this off, wait, toggle it back on' honestly. I'm really, really lost. Halp!

For what it's worth I USED to know how to do most of this- but it all seems to have leaked out of my head between two years ago and now.

Edited by Tassyr, 04 April 2015 - 03:38 PM.

#2 HPWebcamAble

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationWeb Development

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:08 PM

To send wireless messages, you'll want to look into the Rednet API

You can output to bundled cable with the Redstone API

By "'call elevator' buttons on top and bottom attached to a computer" I believe you mean actual Minecraft buttons placed on the computer
That wouldn't be too hard, you'd use the Redstone API again

If you only have 2 floors, just a few buttons are fine, but if you have more, you might want to look into displaying buttons on an Advanced Monitor

To make the whole thing work, you'd use os.pullEvent() to wait for something to happen, then deal with the event, depending on what its was

#3 Bomb Bloke

Hobbyist Coder

• Moderators
  • 7,099 posts
  • LocationTasmania (AU)

Posted 04 April 2015 - 10:36 PM

You may pick up something useful reading through this thread.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users