GUI Turtle Control Program

turtle pocket

4 replies to this topic

Poll: GUI Pool (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Does the turtle need it's own background and color other than text?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 jakejakey

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 April 2015 - 03:02 AM

This topic has been removed by the creator please lock it

Edited by jakejakey, 16 May 2015 - 01:05 AM.

#2 the_blaster179

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 09 April 2015 - 07:52 AM

Hello, jake. I tried using your program on your server, and I noticed it conflicts with another program by Ninja8370. He made a program very much like yours, except it has a GUI for both ends and has a different way of working. His original post is here.

Desciption of confliction
I have one turtle running the remote control program by Ninja8370, and the way it works is on the wireless PDA, it tells you to enter the turtle's ID Number, supposedly making it secure from other users with the same program. However I got another turtle and wireless PDA, and installed your program onto them, and I noticed that your remote not only controls the turtle with your program installed on it, but also the turtle with Ninja8370's program.

Thanks for reading
~YourMCInformer/Qazdas

#3 Boom

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:25 PM

nice program! :D also can you add "quit" to quit the program without restarting the PDA or press ctrl+t

#4 jakejakey

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 08:35 PM

good idea thanks

#5 Ninja8370

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationIn the Clouds

Posted 25 April 2015 - 04:57 PM

View PostYourMCInformer, on 09 April 2015 - 07:52 AM, said:

Hello, jake. I tried using your program on your server, and I noticed it conflicts with another program by Ninja8370. He made a program very much like yours, except it has a GUI for both ends and has a different way of working. His original post is here.

Desciption of confliction
I have one turtle running the remote control program by Ninja8370, and the way it works is on the wireless PDA, it tells you to enter the turtle's ID Number, supposedly making it secure from other users with the same program. However I got another turtle and wireless PDA, and installed your program onto them, and I noticed that your remote not only controls the turtle with your program installed on it, but also the turtle with Ninja8370's program.

Thanks for reading
~YourMCInformer/Qazdas

Someone else on a server just pointed this forum page out to me. I will see what I can do to fix this in my next update. :)
Sorry about that Qazdas. Putting the IDs in on mine make it so mine (And other remote control programs with IDs in them) won't interfere with each other.

I think it does this because he set up his remote control to broadcast a rednet signal to all computers, (which is why you don't have to input an ID anywhere with his.) Mine shouldn't interfere with his, unless you put the ID of a turtle with Jake's program installed into one of my controlers. (I'm guessing our turtle programs work the same since my turtle can interpret the commands Jake's controller is sending)

I'm going to upgrade my turtle/controllers to be 'password protected'. This will just be a default password so that the turtle (with my program) will only accept signals from my controller.

Edited by Ninja8370, 25 April 2015 - 05:13 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users