M1cr0man's Programs (Reactor Controller w/ thermal monitor support, Login & PM client & server with syncing)

utility networking

38 replies to this topic

#1 M1cr0man

Lua Function Master

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:11 PM

M1cr0man's Programs

UPDATE 9/nov/2012: All these programs work on the newer versions of ComputerCraft, and always should. I am too busy IRL to actively develop M1cr0S or the Reactor Controller recently, although I hope to get a new version of M1cr0S out in the next few weeks - bringing message printing, colour text editor, improved synching and maybe more stuff.

Reactor Controller uses ice detection and/or temperature monitoring to determine if your reactor is overheating. It can be used to turn your reactor off after a certain amount of EUs have been generated. It also has a remote controller so that you can be up to 767 blocks away and control your reactor.

M1cr0S Server is a fully featured login and in-game-e-mail server with secure logins and ID card floppy creation and support. Other than direct syncing, M1cr0S never sends or stores passwords anywhere but on the server itself. It has a 1-9 ranking feature which can be used to allow only certain users into certain areas using the door locker.

Nuclear Reactor Controller 2.5 + Remote Controller
Spoiler

M1cr0S Server 1.7 + Client
Spoiler

#2 A112

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

Pfew, how long did it take you to make this? I'm sure I'm going to use this in my private server, it looks cool! :)/> Thanks!

#3 M1cr0man

Lua Function Master

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:56 PM

View PostA112, on 09 July 2012 - 05:51 PM, said:

Pfew, how long did it take you to make this? I'm sure I'm going to use this in my private server, it looks cool! :)/> Thanks!
Heh, its took me 4 months or so. But it was 4 months during school and exams and what not, so really a month probs. I did a LOT of testing before releasing, so that people aren't disappointed when it crashes. B)/>

#4 A112

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

View PostM1cr0man, on 09 July 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Heh, its took me 4 months or so. But it was 4 months during school and exams and what not, so really a month probs. I did a LOT of testing before releasing, so that people aren't disappointed when it crashes. B)/>

Nice idea, I'm going to download and try it right now :)/>

#5 M1cr0man

Lua Function Master

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:01 PM

View PostA112, on 09 July 2012 - 05:58 PM, said:

View PostM1cr0man, on 09 July 2012 - 05:56 PM, said:

Nice idea, I'm going to download and try it right now :)/>
Nice to hear B)/> I'm going to assume you are the first one to do so, judging by the hit counts on pastebin, so congrats B)/>

#6 craigcon

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

Any chance of making the servers connect to each other so you can make it long range?

#7 M1cr0man

Lua Function Master

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

Hm yeah I'll work on that after I fix the memail login problem. It shouldn't be too hard, all I need to do is sync the databases. Thanks for the suggestion :)/>

#8 ElStan

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:00 AM

It crashes during installation, any ideas why ?

#9 M1cr0man

Lua Function Master

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

View PostElStan, on 12 July 2012 - 06:00 AM, said:

It crashes during installation, any ideas why ?
Make sure you have a wireless modem attached to the pc, and also if you used the pastebin links instead of the zip files make sure there are no file extensions on the files, that they are named exactly as described above. (eg. memail should be called memail, not memail.txt). If you still can't get it to work I should be on the IRC in an hour or 2.

#10 Giuseppe

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:43 AM

if I have a password on the number block entry
I can not enter it on the other numeric keypad
that that password is incorrect bask

and you could be incorporate a user overview

#11 M1cr0man

Lua Function Master

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:36 PM

View PostGiuseppe, on 25 July 2012 - 05:43 AM, said:

if I have a password on the number block entry
I can not enter it on the other numeric keypad
that that password is incorrect bask

Oh, the way I encrypt passwords is using the "key" event, which assigns a different number for each key. I will add support ASAP for the numpad although, on second thought it should work anyway. Ill look into it ASAP. (I know I was asked for syncing servers, that is WIP. The memail incorrect login stall will be fixed along with this problem)

Also, what do you mean by a "user overview"? If you are looking for a documentation/readme it is the first pastebin link. I do plan on making a video too, as soon as I can make my recordings small enough (bad internet connection :)/>)

#12 Giuseppe

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 July 2012 - 03:56 AM

View PostM1cr0man, on 25 July 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

Also, what do you mean by a "user overview"? If you are looking for a documentation/readme it is the first pastebin link. I do plan on making a video too, as soon as I can make my recordings small enough (bad internet connection :)/>)

a Overview of all Created User in the DB

and i can´t set Rank 12 or 10 or 20

i have an Error
i have 1 Server and ~8 doors client
when I make a door crashed my Server and i must kill this

05:40:46
PLAYER_COMMAND:
Giuseppe1990: /item 208:0 1

05:42:34
CONSOLE:
[INFO] ComputerCraft: Warning! Failed to abort a Computer. Dangling lua thread could cause errors.

whats my Problem?Posted Image

#13 M1cr0man

Lua Function Master

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

View PostGiuseppe, on 26 July 2012 - 03:56 AM, said:

View PostM1cr0man, on 25 July 2012 - 11:36 PM, said:

a Overview of all Created User in the DB

and i can´t set Rank 12 or 10 or 20

i have an Error
i have 1 Server and ~8 doors client
when I make a door crashed my Server and i must kill this

05:40:46
PLAYER_COMMAND:

05:42:34
CONSOLE:
[INFO] ComputerCraft: Warning! Failed to abort a Computer. Dangling lua thread could cause errors.

whats my Problem?Posted Image
Well, thats odd. I will look into the rank problem but as for the crashing that is quite weird. You could try deleting the user database...

Make a floppy with a startup program on it, put it in the floppy drive, reboot the pc (ctrl+r) and from there delete/move files/userdb. Remove the floppy and reboot the pc. It will be back to factory default so put in the root password again and create a test user. If it still crashes I'll have a more thourough testing, but I tested it all this morning and it worked fine.

If you can give me the name, password and rank of the user you tried to use to login to the door controller I may be able to narrow down the bug

EDIT: Just noticed something.
Are you giving yourself the same computer 8 times? That would certainly kill computercraft and the software so you should use fresh computers each time.

#14 Giuseppe

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 27 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

equal Problem i have destroyed ALL PC and delete all folder from pc on the root i created new PC and after 7 or 8 crashed my Server with equal error

#15 M1cr0man

Lua Function Master

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:24 PM

View PostGiuseppe, on 27 July 2012 - 10:09 AM, said:

equal Problem i have destroyed ALL PC and delete all folder from pc on the root i created new PC and after 7 or 8 crashed my Server with equal error
According to the CC 1.4 changelog:
"Several stability and security fixes: LuaJ can now no longer leave dangling threads when a computer is unloaded"
That is what is happening to you, so with any luck after updating to 1.4 it should work. I use 6 memail clients and 5-6 door controllers on my bukkit server and never got this error before, so yeah try updating to 1.4 :)/>

#16 Giuseppe

• New Members
  • 9 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

ok thx
i will wait for a update
http://mcportcentral...Ports_for_1.2.5

#17 M1cr0man

Lua Function Master

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

View Postcraigcon, on 10 July 2012 - 06:02 PM, said:

Any chance of making the servers connect to each other so you can make it long range?
I finally got the syncronisation code finished. A bit more testing and I'll be uploading the next version of M1cr0S

#18 M1cr0man

Lua Function Master

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:57 PM

M1cr0S Has been updated. Servers now synchronise their databases with each other so you can extend the range of your system.
Other than syncing, Changelog:
-Fixed stalling of Memail when password/username is entered wrong.
-Fixed crashing of memail and server when no disk drive was attached.

#19 arikc15

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:19 AM

Fantastic program! Just note though the .zip doesn't work, it just opens to a .zip.cpgz. (could be my mac though XD)

#20 George

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 05:46 PM

I'm having issues installing this as I'm slightly new to CC. Could a step by step tutorial be put up?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users