getting ready for going to college

3 replies to this topic

#1 syfygirl

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in my mind, to which only makes sense to me.

Posted 02 December 2015 - 04:30 PM

hey i was wondering if this is a good plan.

I am currently a junior and heavily interested in computers, from how the operating system works, to how a processor runs instructions. Earlier this year i was offered a job by google but need a bachelor's degree in computer sciences. I currently know lua, c#, c++, python 2. I'm thinking about learning assembly, java, and c this year and for my senior year i was thinking about learning html, javascript, and css.

would i have a good skill set for a work environment and college? I believe i would.

#2 Creator

Mad Dash Victor

• Members
  • 2,168 posts
  • LocationYou will never find me, muhahahahahaha

Posted 02 December 2015 - 05:46 PM

How did you make Google offer you a job? Tell me please.

#3 syfygirl

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in my mind, to which only makes sense to me.

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:22 PM

View PostCreator, on 02 December 2015 - 05:46 PM, said:

How did you make Google offer you a job? Tell me please.

idk, they were watching what i did, invited me to join a project (project foobar, a shotgun approach to hire people), and i passed their tests. I got an email from one of their recruiters, saying i had bested their puzzle makers and testing, asked for my degree and where i went to college, and wanted to contact me further on what location and team would best suit me.

only about a few hundred people are invited every year, only a few pass.

https://www.google.com/foobar/ here's the link. unless you've been invited you'll just see a door asking if you've been here before.

Edited by syfygirl, 02 December 2015 - 06:24 PM.

#4 Lupus590

• Members
  • 2,029 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:27 PM

work and collage usually require more that being able to program in several languages, if google are interested in having you though, you are probably in a good spot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users