Whosit! 0.2beta

2 replies to this topic

#1 TNT_Nolan

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 15 March 2016 - 05:46 PM

Hello, this is my first program. This program takes a input of players and spins them and gives out a result. It is very simple but hey, its my first program. The install is very quick and you will find two files installed "whosit, teammakerpaint". DO NOT DELETE EITHER ONE OF THE FILES. To install type pastebin run BYbVPm40. *Note this is still in beta*

Made in LuaIDE by GravityScore

Update Log:

0.2beta

- Bug Fixes
- Cleaned Up Code
- Shorten Load Screen

Edited by TNT_Nolan, 31 March 2016 - 09:24 PM.

#2 Cross_Sans

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 23 March 2016 - 07:47 PM

I have many thinks to tell you about your program :
-> First, it's not really a good idea to use <function> = function(), because it's not beautiful to see when inspecting your code. Use instead function <function>(args).
-> At line 47, modify like these: _bt = paintutils.loadImage(shell.dir() .. "/teammakerpaint");. Because you will not have problems when moving your program to a path.
-> At line 54, it's really not necessary to put 4 seconds, i'm recommending to you to put 2 or 3 seconds, because the user will not wait.
-> When using parsing functions (like tonumber()), be sure to check them. It will not cause a crash. Put this code and adapt it correctly :
Example :
if type([i]variable...[/i]) == "number" then
 --variable is a number, do this code
else
 --variable is not a number, do this code
end

So, that's it ! If you could make that, it will be fine :)

#3 TNT_Nolan

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

Posted 31 March 2016 - 09:15 PM

@Redall Sorry for the late reply. I have put your recommendations in the new update. I was at a resort without my computer so I could not update the application. I am working on 0.2beta by fixing some glitches and bugs.

Cheers,
Nolan

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users